PDA

View Full Version : Should I use FB version 1.22?



Bruusteri
02-06-2004, 11:43 AM
I'm still using version 1.11 (because I'm very careful and want to hear first if there are problems with a certain patch). Now I would like to install 1.22, but is it working 100% in careers? I remember some people saying that some 1.2x version (1.21?) wasn't working in careers (doesn't get kill marks or getting kills for wrong type of planes).

I play 99% of my time careers, so I really want it to work 100%. Version 1.22 readme doesn't seem to tell anything about careers working or not working (I remember that some old 1.2x readme told that it doesn't work), so can I assume that 1.22 works?

Secondly. I have 1.11 installed, but I cannot find my 1.11 (1.0->1.11) patch anymore, so I would like to download 1.0->1.22 patch. I think that works also on 1.11, right?

Also, what does 1.22 really improve over 1.11. I know it adds 5 planes and has some bug fixes, but does it have any IMPROVEMENTS (in graphics etc)?

Thanks in advance

Bruusteri
02-06-2004, 11:43 AM
I'm still using version 1.11 (because I'm very careful and want to hear first if there are problems with a certain patch). Now I would like to install 1.22, but is it working 100% in careers? I remember some people saying that some 1.2x version (1.21?) wasn't working in careers (doesn't get kill marks or getting kills for wrong type of planes).

I play 99% of my time careers, so I really want it to work 100%. Version 1.22 readme doesn't seem to tell anything about careers working or not working (I remember that some old 1.2x readme told that it doesn't work), so can I assume that 1.22 works?

Secondly. I have 1.11 installed, but I cannot find my 1.11 (1.0->1.11) patch anymore, so I would like to download 1.0->1.22 patch. I think that works also on 1.11, right?

Also, what does 1.22 really improve over 1.11. I know it adds 5 planes and has some bug fixes, but does it have any IMPROVEMENTS (in graphics etc)?

Thanks in advance

inyrpropwash
02-06-2004, 11:54 AM
1.22 patch is a server security upgrade with a few tweeks to the sound & flight models(?). It does not appear to change the career mode at all from 1.21. Track files from 1.11 will not run.
You can install the 1.0 to 1.21 full patch available from Ubi web sight and I don't think you will find anything but improvement.

Bruusteri
02-06-2004, 12:22 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by inyrpropwash:
1.22 patch is a server security upgrade with a few tweeks to the sound & flight models(?). It does not appear to change the career mode at all from 1.21. Track files from 1.11 will not run.
You can install the 1.0 to 1.21 full patch available from Ubi web sight and I don't think you will find anything but improvement.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ok, thanks.

You say that it doesn't change the career mode from 1.21. So does it work fully already in 1.21??? I don't really care about server security stuff (since I don't fly on the net)

Jim57
02-06-2004, 01:11 PM
I am not sure if this is what you mean, but, when I upgraded from 1.11 to 1.21, I was not able to "continue" my I 16 campaign anymore (this was the only campaign I was flying at the time) I had to throw that campaign in the trash. I had flown about 22 missions too. I hope this may add some light to your question too.

Jim

Bruusteri
02-06-2004, 01:44 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jim57:
I am not sure if this is what you mean, but, when I upgraded from 1.11 to 1.21, I was not able to "continue" my I 16 campaign anymore (this was the only campaign I was flying at the time) I had to throw that campaign in the trash. I had flown about 22 missions too. I hope this may add some light to your question too.

Jim<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh sh**! Yes, for example this kind of problems I mean. I have maybe 10 careers going on (some of them I started already in version 1.0). I really don't like if I have to start my 109 career after 200 missions (most of them has 50+ missions). However there is a way to limit the harm done.

Jim57
02-06-2004, 05:21 PM
I hope I caught you in time before you upgraded to the new patch. If you didn't install the new patch, then, I would leave it alone until you finish some of your campaigns, (Or, at least until you get tired of them http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif ) This is one of the reasons I have a program on my computer called "GO BACK" made by Adaptec. If you mess up, or don't like something you installed, then, you just go back in time before you installed it. It is just like it never happened. This has saved me more than once!

Jim

Bruusteri
02-07-2004, 08:52 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jim57:
I hope I caught you in time before you upgraded to the new patch. If you didn't install the new patch, then, I would leave it alone until you finish some of your campaigns, (Or, at least until you get tired of them http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif ) This is one of the reasons I have a program on my computer called "GO BACK" made by Adaptec. If you mess up, or don't like something you installed, then, you just go back in time before you installed it. It is just like it never happened. This has saved me more than once!

Jim<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks Jim. I downloaded the patch, but no yet installed. I would love to try the new planes, but at the moment I love my careers more http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/16x16_smiley-sad.gif Maybe I'll try it later.

I wonder what they've done (and most of all why) if the old careers don't work. From 1.0 to 1.11 they worked fine.

Jim57
02-07-2004, 09:40 AM
I am not sure what happens/changed, but when I had tried to play my campaign after the patch. The campaign started, but, then I went to a barren place. No aircraft or airfield or any signs of "game-play". I heard airplanes, but, that was all, and I realized there was nothing I could do. Like I said, I was only into the campaign for 22 missions. (Or, something around that number) Good Luck!

Jim

F19_Ob
02-07-2004, 01:01 PM
If U are not playing online U really dont need the latest patch.

the biggest problem with the 1.22 patch is that it made tracks corrupted. U no longer see tracers or any of your guneffects on your tracks. so if u like to review tracks, u should not install it.

cheers

Arnie_OT
02-07-2004, 03:52 PM
And if you still want to try the new planes, install a new version of FB and aply the patch to that install only. This will let you play both and you can copy files to check if your campaigns still work.

You´ll need enough diskspace ofcourse. Have fun.