PDA

View Full Version : Can I Get AC3 Deluxe Edition if I have the Standard+ Season Pass?

M4rhun
11-18-2016, 12:18 AM
Do i have to ask the Support to delete it from my account first and then activate it?
Back in 2012 when it was released i bought a retail copy, everytime when i download it through uplay, i have to download 6 updates one by one and my AC3 doesn't act like other uplay games. For example, when i click download in the game library, it starts to download the installer and then i have to install the game manually + the patches and DLC's (i can't even download the DLC's from Uplay....) and when i want to delete it, the Windows program uninstaller pops up and i have to delete the game manually. EVERY other game act like a Steam game, where 1 click download and 1 click delete.
Whats the problem? Is the newest version of uplay did this with AC3? Can i solve it by asking the support to delete it and then buy a new Deluxe version? Please help!

Locopells
11-18-2016, 06:38 PM
You won't get money back, but you can hide it and buy a new version ,if you wish, yes.

http://i.imgur.com/8kKFfrZ.jpg (https://support.ubi.com)
Thanks to strigoi1958 for the sig!

M4rhun
11-19-2016, 08:23 PM
Of course I won't get the money back, but can i ask them to delete the old version?

andynaruto10
11-19-2016, 10:34 PM
Yes, you can ask them to remove the game. But even if you buy it again, Deluxe or not, it's still the same installation process. It's long, 6 patches, one by one. That's how the games were before Black Flag... AC Revelations has 3 patches, Brotherhood 2 maybe, which you have to install one by one.

Now about the Deluxe edition, I don't know if your version will be upgraded, or it will be another AC 3 game in your library. If you have the Season Pass, then the only thing the Deluxe Edition will have is the Benedict Arnold DLC.

M4rhun
11-20-2016, 02:30 AM
You see, I do not have to install patches for other games, they are already downloaded with the game. This problem is only with AC3...

andynaruto10
11-20-2016, 04:25 AM
I see. Well, I don't think there's anything you can do. We'll just have to stick with the 1 by 1 patches and manually installing DLCs...

M4rhun
11-20-2016, 10:10 AM
I talked with the support on Facebook and they replied with this:

"Hello, Martin, The Uplay version of Assassin's Creed 3 was remastered so that should not need to install the DLCs and patches separately. The unfortunate side effect of this, is that you will need to download the game directly from the Uplay client rather than installing from the disc. Please uninstall the Assassin's Creed 3 you currently have installed then download Assassin's Creed 3 from the Uplay client rather than using the disc. Please note, there is a chance you could lose your save file while you do this and I am sorry to say that we cannot recover any lost progression."

It's impossible to download the Dlc's, because I get connection errors.

andynaruto10
11-20-2016, 01:52 PM
That's great news then. I won't use the discs anymore :)) I'll install AC 3 from Uplay and tell you if everything works fine.

M4rhun
11-20-2016, 02:18 PM
Okay, im curious.

andynaruto10
11-20-2016, 05:37 PM
Ok ,so I downloaded it and it automatically installed the patches and DLCs. :) I mean it didn't even say that there are patches or DLCs to download. It just downloaded everything as the whole game. Which is cool.

M4rhun
11-20-2016, 06:38 PM
Thats really nice for you.... SO something is not right for me then. Can you remember when and where did you buy the game? I bought it in 2012 from a local retail store.

andynaruto10
11-20-2016, 06:53 PM
Local retail store too. And the Season Pass from UbiShop.

M4rhun
11-21-2016, 12:46 AM
I sent a ticket to the support on Friday, I hope they will sort this out. Really frustrating.

Black_Widow9
11-21-2016, 08:13 PM
I sent a ticket to the support on Friday, I hope they will sort this out. Really frustrating.
Glad you created a ticket. They should be able to assist you.