PDA

View Full Version : 60 FPS PS 4 Pro in 2017?

DerHerbman
11-13-2016, 08:34 PM
Do we get a 60 FPS game on consoles in the Year 2017? I read somewhere that the PS4 version is locked at 30 fps! Is that true and if yes why??

I know that the PS4 fps is restricted to the weaker system, so because of multilayer fairness the weaker systems fps is the one we will see on both sony consoles. But no one is saying that you canīt reach 60 fps on the original PS4 just with slightly worse graphics! I for one get eye cancer when games runs at 30 fps like most other gamers. So my question is why do games prefer better graphics over a good fps?

Fatal-Feit
11-13-2016, 08:55 PM
A 60fps mode for consoles is something I've been trying to suggest for a while. E.g., 900p/60fps for standard PS4 and 1080p/60fps for the Pro. It could be something they're planning to experiment with, but it's a little weird that players haven't been able to try yet because in a game like For Honor, performance > graphics any day.

DerHerbman
11-13-2016, 09:44 PM
Do we have any offical announcement about this topic?

Derity
11-14-2016, 11:10 PM
I would really hope they would add a 60 FPS option like Nioh does, but right now there hasn't been any talk about it and it wasn't there in the alpha, so I wouldn't expect it to happen.

I really wish they would do it though, this is one of the only competitive games on console right now without 60 fps.

Fatal-Feit
11-15-2016, 02:24 AM
I also hope there's a toggle for motion blur.

Do we have any offical announcement about this topic?

Nope.

wanton74
11-15-2016, 10:33 AM
Sony announced it doesn't allow PS4 Pro to have better framerate than normal PS4 in multiplayer games. PS4 Pro owners would have an advantage if that would happen. So For Honor with PS4 Pro will not have 60fps in multiplayer.
60fps for single player is possibility.

SliceOBread
11-17-2016, 08:53 PM
Indeed those 30frames would give reaction time advantage to normal ps4 players.

DerHerbman
11-18-2016, 01:56 PM
Sony announced it doesn't allow PS4 Pro to have better framerate than normal PS4 in multiplayer games. PS4 Pro owners would have an advantage if that would happen. So For Honor with PS4 Pro will not have 60fps in multiplayer.
60fps for single player is possibility.

Yes they said.... but its not true:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QoJjOxhcLY0
you see that there are huge difference in Framerates in Multiplayer! Also what about the latency in Monitors? If you spend more money you get better Hardware that can give you an advantage. Not so much like in the PC marked, but still. So the even Multiplayer is just PR!

BUT!

You missed my point on the subject! (Sorry for my English). I tried to point out that fps should be more important than graphics! Look at Uncharted for example:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YsiqSUe4MhI (6:40min)
on the standard PS 4 its 900p (?) at 60fps and on the Pro its 1080p at 60 FPS. So they should aim for 60 fps and focus on resolution secondly.

Now that we have tho Pro option, 60 fps could be a possibility. I JUst donīt know how ugly the game could get on the O.Ps4 when they aim for 60 fps.

wanton74
11-22-2016, 01:37 PM
Yes they said.... but its not true:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QoJjOxhcLY0
you see that there are huge difference in Framerates in Multiplayer! Also what about the latency in Monitors? If you spend more money you get better Hardware that can give you an advantage. Not so much like in the PC marked, but still. So the even Multiplayer is just PR!

BUT!

You missed my point on the subject! (Sorry for my English). I tried to point out that fps should be more important than graphics! Look at Uncharted for example:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YsiqSUe4MhI (6:40min)
on the standard PS 4 its 900p (?) at 60fps and on the Pro its 1080p at 60 FPS. So they should aim for 60 fps and focus on resolution secondly.

Now that we have tho Pro option, 60 fps could be a possibility. I JUst donīt know how ugly the game could get on the O.Ps4 when they aim for 60 fps.

That game in that youtube video seems to have unlocked frame rate, otherwise it would be 30fps most of the time. 30fps frame rate locked games can't go over 30fps. Sony announcement only effects frame rate locked games.
Yes it's true if you play PS4 on gaming monitor you might have advantage compared to people playing on television. Much more if people don't turn on their tv's game mode. But Sony can't do anything about that.

I also think 60fps is more important than graphics. But how things currently stand with Sony it's not happening for multiplayer, but I wish it was. Maybe Sony will change their decision in future, we will see.