PDA

View Full Version : unable to receive online chat messages...

trebby0
05-21-2004, 01:34 AM
Hi guys,

Was flying online with no probs until today.
For some reason (I suspect due to inadvertently pressing some key(s)) I cannot read/display any chat messages.
I am able to open the text send box (via standard "^?" key) and send a message all onlone can read.
However i no longer get on top of my screen displayed my own or any other sent messages!

Anybody any idea (short of reinstalling)

Thkx Trebby/Zoltann

trebby0
05-21-2004, 01:34 AM
Hi guys,

For some reason (I suspect due to inadvertently pressing some key(s)) I cannot read/display any chat messages.
I am able to open the text send box (via standard "^?" key) and send a message all onlone can read.
However i no longer get on top of my screen displayed my own or any other sent messages!

Thkx Trebby/Zoltann

BBloke
05-21-2004, 03:14 AM
HI,

Is it becuase your message box is all the way to the top of the screen?

If it is you can use the mouse to try and drag it back down. Its the same as resizing windows. Just turn the cursor to two arrows and drag and drop!!

If its not then I don't know what to suggest

BBloke

---------
Light Blue Touch Paper and Stand well Back!!!!!

billy885
05-21-2004, 05:48 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by trebby0:
Hi guys,

Thkx Trebby/Zoltann<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

How to fix the chat window:
Look in your FB main folder and open "conf.ini" in "notepad" or any text editor. Locate this section in the file:

[chat]
region=(dx=0.796875,dy=0.14192708,x=0.0,y=0.0)

Change yours to read like mine above, save the file. Go fly FB and then resize yours to your liking.

trebby0
05-24-2004, 02:14 AM
thx bbloke & billy885,

solution simple (eeeeh) i drew the box larger and back was it.....

cheers trebby