PDA

View Full Version : So Daniel got the ''Prophet's Codex''

joshoolhorst
11-10-2016, 10:54 PM
I don't read the comics btw but I did read the Fall and the first two issues with Charlotte de la Cruz (I only really like The Fall)

I haven't read the sequel to the fall but I was just wondering because I found out that Cross got his hands on the ''Prophet's Codex'' and they were talking about Desmond and it was the year 2002 and the Assassin's had the Codex... But was the point not of AC2 to train Desmond and to find out about the Vaults secret (look I might be wrong but I can't get into AC2 again I just can't for some reason.)

ze_topazio
11-10-2016, 11:02 PM
The Templars knew about the vault thanks to the codex, they instructed Lucy to have Desmond synchronize with Ezio's memories in order to see what exactly the vault contained, since Ezio's writings were a bit vague or something.

Sigma 1313
11-11-2016, 01:05 AM
Weren't the Fall and the Chain declared non-cannon?

ze_topazio
11-12-2016, 04:46 AM
^ No.

Sigma 1313
11-12-2016, 06:11 AM
Oh! I thought they were the French Comic for some reason.

I just double checked the french comics, and I initially thought they were entirely non-cannon, however the wiki page made it seem like there's a sequel coming called the "Hawk Trilogy", which is simultaneously cannon and non-cannon. I would assume that parts of the old French Comic would still be considered cannon too, like the existence of Aguilar and Aquilus.

SixKeys
11-13-2016, 08:46 AM
Oh! I thought they were the French Comic for some reason.

I just double checked the french comics, and I initially thought they were entirely non-cannon, however the wiki page made it seem like there's a sequel coming called the "Hawk Trilogy", which is simultaneously cannon and non-cannon. I would assume that parts of the old French Comic would still be considered cannon too, like the existence of Aguilar and Aquilus.

Yup, that's been confirmed. Everything in the French comics that does not contradict the games is canon. Everything that does (like Subject 16's name being Michael and everything Desmond does outside the Animus that doesn't make sense in the context of the games) is non-canon.