PDA

View Full Version : Modern Day plots left open in the games

joshoolhorst
11-03-2016, 11:44 PM
The first things that come up in mind is:
Juno
Eve
Subject 16/Desmond hand which was just their for... reasons not explained.
Rebecca survived AC Syndicate?

What more that needs to be solved?

ERICATHERINE
11-04-2016, 03:35 AM
The first things that come up in mind is:
Juno
Eve
Subject 16/Desmond hand which was just their for... reasons not explained.
Rebecca survived AC Syndicate?

What more that needs to be solved?

Yes, Rebecca survived after syndicate. The Assassin intel said so, in the Jack the ripper dlc.

Look intel 5. ^-^

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6939RM09hk

Sigma 1313
11-04-2016, 07:38 AM
Well Desmond was meant to be the son of Adam and had to find Eve in Eden. What's Eden, and who's eve? Will Desmond and Clay return from the gray? Is Desmond's son going to fulfill the quest of finding Eve? How large is the following of Juno? Are all templars instruments of the first will? Are other Isu in the gray like Juno? Is there another living Sage? Who is Bishop? What happened to the main character from Rogue? Will Otso Berg and Sigma team find the Ankh? Will Project Phoenix inadvertently give way to the resurrection of Desmond, Clay, and possibly a new form of Isu? And most importantly, can we scrap the whole initiates idea for the rest of the series?

cawatrooper9
11-04-2016, 03:11 PM
"Only SHE will accompany you to the gate. Awaken the sixth. Go, ALONE!"

I mean, I guess this could've been the gate to the Temple, but this prophecy seemed so much bigger than that (and who's "she"? Who's the "sixth"?)

This passage always seemed so cryptic to me, I really hope it pays off soon. As of now, it almost seems as if the writers were just using vague and semi-mystical sounding phrasing to come up with a prophecy that they'd figure out later (and never bothered to).

ERICATHERINE
11-04-2016, 05:06 PM
I suggest you do a little more research, but oh well... ^-^

What's Eden,

It's a city that existed in the Isu era.

Are all templars instruments of the first will?

No. For as far as we know only Violet da Costa is a comfirmed instrument. As for saying they are all instruments, this video give us an answer.

15 : 50 to 17 : 27 and 25 : 50 to 27 : 42.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tI0SPMZhRyc

In thos two video we can learn that neither Berg or Laeticia are instruments. This mean that just like there could be other Templars that are instruments there is also Templars that stay loyal to the Templars.

Is there another living Sage?

Yes. Desmond son is prove to be a sage in syndicate. ^-^

Sigma 1313
11-04-2016, 09:51 PM
I suggest you do a little more research, but oh well... ^-^

It's a city that existed in the Isu era.

No. For as far as we know only Violet da Costa is a comfirmed instrument. As for saying they are all instruments, this video give us an answer.

15 : 50 to 17 : 27 and 25 : 50 to 27 : 42.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tI0SPMZhRyc

In thos two video we can learn that neither Berg or Laeticia are instruments. This mean that just like there could be other Templars that are instruments there is also Templars that stay loyal to the Templars.

Yes. Desmond son is prove to be a sage in syndicate. ^-^

I was specifically talking about Eden in the modern day. It seemed to me, and others, that Desmond would have to go there with Eve to awaken the sixth. (more on that in a minute). so what is Eden? It was a building, if not an city in east Africa that used human as slaves, but what is it now? Is it another Temple, or maybe a hiding place where an Isu has managed to survive in a form of stasis?

Violet is an IotFW, but has little power in the Templar Order. Berg and Laetitia are both very high ranking Templars who are against the IotFW. If they are against them, then they should vote or petition in some form to shut down Project Phoenix, a project that holds very little to gain for Abstergo, and a lot to gain for Juno. So, they work against Project Phoenix, are indifferent, or are for Project Phoenix. If they are for project Phoenix, then they would likely be pro IotFW, unlike what the database says. If they are indifferent, Abstergo will likely fall within a few games, as the IotFW will likely take over and split the Templar Order between the Followers of Juno and Followers of the Cross. So if Berg and Laetitia are against and are working against Project Phoenix, due to the time its been going on, they are likely losing. How? Well, either more high ranking Templars think the project is good, and are either indifferent or pro IotFW, or the General of the Cross is pro IotFW, and working with them and against Berg and Laetitia. If the GotC is pro IotFW, then Abstergo will likely split soon in the future as they gain more power within the Templar Order and separate between the followers of Juno and Followers of the Cross. So we should either see something big happen like that soon, or the AC writer are bad at their job and can't keep character motivations straight between three games. If the General of the Cross is then an IotFW, then the Templar Order is acting to help Juno and the IotFW, meaning that they are IotFW themselves (to an extent).

Essentially because we're looking at a collective that is under a single ideology that has a leader and the ideology has tenants to follow, acting in accordance to the orders given by the General of the Cross that aid the First Will, if you are a Templar, you are an Instrument of the First Will. The individual's difference in ideology would therein be grounds for expulsion (likely by death) for going against the ideology of the collective as decided by the elite. If the collective had a variety of ideologies and less strict rules for being part of said collective, then I would agree that just because some are x not all are x.

Let's say you're working at some corporation. Your boss tells you to file a suit that would hurt a small company but make yours millions, you disagree with the order to file the suit. Because the workplace runs under an ideology that is about making money and run by a CEO or COO, going against the ideology and direct orders from your superior would be grounds for termination of your contract (firing).

If you are part of a large collective like the United States, your requirements for being part of the collective would be something like "be a citizen". While the United States does have a leader, it has a large number of elite along with a massive collection of ideologies and relativistic personal moralities. There is no longer a collective ideology that must be followed. Even if the majority believe that Hillary Clinton should be president, those that vote for her (and her of course), can be blamed for her mistakes as president. This will then separate them into a small collective of Hillary supporters, where disagreement with the collective would likely lead to your extradition or dismissal from the collective for going against the single ideology present (being in support of Hillary). However in order to get to there, we are changing scope of the size of the collective from 315 million people to about 150 million people (maximum).

I'm sorry if the last metaphor was at all confusing. The issue lies with the fact that we are attempting to compare a collectivist organization or ideology with a large group of individuals where only a very basic collective is able to form, in comparison to the much more complex and authoritarian collective that forms within a private group like the former metaphor. This then goes into the realm of individualism vs collectivism which while on the surface is a black and white issue, blends way more than people like to think.

And yes, I know Desmond's son is a sage. For some reason I got it in my head that they only said he had high concentrations of Isu DNA, but didn't actually confirm he was a sage. A quick google search confirmed your statement. Thanks for the correction. However it doesn't mean there isn't another sage out there. Obviously DS and John Standish overlapped. A look on the wiki (http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Sages) shows there were several potential overlap without specific dates listed. If there was an overlap in the 13th century that means that out of 400 million people per year, 2 were sages. If this trend continues, at any point in time there should be 0.0000005% of the population as sages. If we have 7.5 billion people on earth, we should have 37 or 38 sages right now. Hell, maybe all of the Assassins in the movie will turn out to be sages.

@Cawatrooper based on other hints and speculation from the community, I always thought "she" was Eve, the gate wasn't really the gate to Eden, not the grand temple, and the sixth was another Isu, possibly one who could move in and out of the gray, which may be key to her escape, hence why she wanted Desmond and Eve to awaken it. Just a thought. I also want that to pay off soon.

ERICATHERINE
11-05-2016, 02:17 AM
I was specifically talking about Eden in the modern day. It seemed to me, and others, that Desmond would have to go there with Eve to awaken the sixth. (more on that in a minute). so what is Eden? It was a building, if not an city in east Africa that used human as slaves, but what is it now? Is it another Temple, or maybe a hiding place where an Isu has managed to survive in a form of stasis?

For Eden, yes this link confirm it's a city. Look at the first dot of the year 75010 BC.

http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline

Like you can see, it says "escaped from the Isu city Eden".

As for the "in the md eden", it could just mean that they would have to go in the animus/helix or it could mean they have to go in the ruin of that city or both. Maybe those ruins are buried and that, just like Desmond was a prisoner of Abstergo for them to find a map that would guide the Templars to pieces of eden, Desmond's son will be captured for the Templars to find Eden. If I remember correctly, unity hinted that the Templars were searching for Eden in Africa, but I think they still didn't found it. Finding eden, could make them find way more isu dna.

Sigma 1313
11-05-2016, 04:23 AM
I'm not convinced it is an actual city. If you read the page for Eden on the wiki (http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Eden) you'll see it's only referred to as a "location". While it has a city like structure, the buildings don't seem to go higher than the building Adam and Eve are on. Looking at Adam and Eve in the picture on the page for Eden:

http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Eden?file=Eden_1_v.png

We see Adam and Eve quite clearly on a building , and based on their height, the building looks to be 50 feet long and 100 feet wide, a bit on the small side for a very tall building, meaning at most the building is 30 stories tall (this is based on structural integrity of modern steel buildings and designs). I suppose it's possible to be taller, but probably not likely. The next issue is the massive tone on whites, trees coming out of the bottom, and gardens just coming off of the side of buildings. This is an issue because we got a look at an actual city in modern day New York. It looks nothing like it.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/ao4Zv8wUBs8/maxresdefault.jpg

As you can see, there's a larger emphasis on a cross between concrete and steel rather than the white steel and glass. There are no large gardens off the sides of buildings, and all of the buildings are larger in every way. I would imagine that this city is actually quite a bit older than Eden, however it still provides an interesting contrast in Isu architecture.

So why did the Isu change the architecture so drastically in such short time? (I say short, assuming it's been a few hundred years because of how similar North America's cities are, which have all developed within the past 300 years or so). My main guess is that this isn't a city, but a prison.

All around Eden we see a large white wall extending past some trees. In America, originally Native Americans were used as slaves, but were able to escape because they knew the terrain. When colonists began importing African Slaves, they found they could not escape, because they did not know the land. There are no other white roads or walls outside this location or leading to it. There are just trees, and the trees seem to be outside another set of walls just beyond the buildings. Eden is prison, with walls surrounding to stop human slaves from escaping. If they got over wall 1, they were met with a massive forest, and unknowingly would wander in Wall 2, which they would think was wall 1. That's why there are no road going into Eden, so that o escaped slaves could figure a way out.

I'd even suggest that the buildings were there to house the Isu controlling the Humans. We know from the Truth that the largest building seemed to be more like a factory than an office or apartment building. Going even further, I'd assume that this was the birthplace of humans, as hints suggested. It makes sense to keep your slaves trapped in a large prison. Makes it hard to get out, and after their birth, they don't have to be transported elsewhere for labor.

Ziiimmie
11-27-2016, 03:00 PM
such a great interesting story why would they just drop it like that they can do so so soooo much with it its not even funny

joshoolhorst
11-27-2016, 06:43 PM
such a great interesting story why would they just drop it like that they can do so so soooo much with it its not even funny

Well if there is no connection between the games means more money for them and AC is known to be a historical game.
When I asked a friend of my who plays AC ''I don't understand why we need this crap, why cat this series not be historical, the Animus makes no sense and Desmond sucks. I was happy that Lucy and Desmond died and I am glad they take this direction''- Says a friend of my with no joke

Another friend of my doesn't care because the game is 90% historical and a random person said ''why do we need that stuff? Abstergo is boring and I don't want Minerva I just want historical Assassin's''
Most gamers don't care about it and we and a few % are the only ones who care and we are dropping everyday with the hole ''initiates'' cutscene stuff that doesn't lead anywhere.
Edit: and Helix is not helping at all now we can see memories of a dead person because Desmond wasn't found in 2013 by Abstergo because of the plot. The movie MD is delaying the Juno uprissing because the movie can't be canon because they can't explain in one movie Juno and everything else and they will not get a sequel if that happens

ERICATHERINE
11-27-2016, 08:39 PM
we are dropping everyday with the hole ''initiates'' cutscene stuff that doesn't lead anywhere.

Don't worry about it. In the Jack the ripper dlc of syndicat, in the last Assassins intel, it has been said that the Initiates and the Assassins will stop working for quite a while.

On the other hand (and I might be wrong, which i hope so, it seems like the titan comics will transform Erudito into "the Initiates 2.0").

joshoolhorst
11-27-2016, 09:05 PM
Don't worry about it. In the Jack the ripper dlc of syndicat, in the last Assassins intel, it has been said that the Initiates and the Assassins will stop working for quite a while.

On the other hand (and I might be wrong, which i hope so, it seems like the titan comics will transform Erudito into "the Initiates 2.0").

I seriously swear that the hole initiates thing exist to save money same with Helix it takes away creativity for coming up with ideas why the character should life they could easily kill Callum in the movie now and don't come at me with this or that I declared it non canon ever since it first appeared on my screen.
The next game has less narritive so I wonder if the MD even matters.

RinoTheBouncer
11-27-2016, 10:30 PM
Juno's Plot
Instruments of the First Will
Eve
Consus
Desmond's Son
General of the Cross

Ziiimmie
11-28-2016, 02:57 AM
Well if there is no connection between the games means more money for them and AC is known to be a historical game.
When I asked a friend of my who plays AC ''I don't understand why we need this crap, why cat this series not be historical, the Animus makes no sense and Desmond sucks. I was happy that Lucy and Desmond died and I am glad they take this direction''- Says a friend of my with no joke

Another friend of my doesn't care because the game is 90% historical and a random person said ''why do we need that stuff? Abstergo is boring and I don't want Minerva I just want historical Assassin's''
Most gamers don't care about it and we and a few % are the only ones who care and we are dropping everyday with the hole ''initiates'' cutscene stuff that doesn't lead anywhere.
Edit: and Helix is not helping at all now we can see memories of a dead person because Desmond wasn't found in 2013 by Abstergo because of the plot. The movie MD is delaying the Juno uprissing because the movie can't be canon because they can't explain in one movie Juno and everything else and they will not get a sequel if that happens

i understand those people exist but they can do something like brotherhood for example and make the modern day completely hidden unless you as a player decide u want to leave the animus also not to mention they have still pumped out a tonnnn of lore from the other games like there are PAGES full of lore material they could use