PDA

View Full Version : Beta improvements... (new video)

DanoClark
11-02-2016, 07:40 PM
Spotted this video on youtube from PGW 2016 in France this week?

Anyway, it looks like the tearing is gone and that harder packed snow is in too judging by the way it looks while the riding is in the board park, both excellent news to me, anybody spot anything else?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cf_ga51p_Qs

Fruitarian
11-03-2016, 09:42 AM
There's this one too Dano.. :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtC7G7uQu6Q

Yes, I noticed a number of new flourishes, most notably for PS4 users at least as you say, is Screen-Tear has been busted! Have to say I love how it is coming together, whole thing is looking SMOOTH now. So many though, what else..

+ Walk speed increased! Should satisfy a LOT of people.
+ I think there are some subtle new blend animations, there seems a little more expression from the model at all times.
+ They changed the Sport Select UI - much better - icons really capture the sports better
+ Screen prompts for the different D-pad controls have been added, both when walking and in Mountain View where you can really usefully turn on lines / challenges etc that nobody realised
+ I think that slight flickering you got of snow on the back of your board, like an overlapping texture, has been fixed too.
+ Time of Day controls are in.. can't wait to see what we can do with these!
+ Compacted snow in the parks / piste - looks like you're right and this is a thing now
+ Smoothed out GoPro.. this is actually rideable now.. first-person skiing is REALLY here :eek:
+ Added lots of world details, like new tow cables (Trials!), bridges etc.
+ Made it so the AI are standing at an event waiting (would be good if they waved or baited you ;) so they join naturally rather than spawn in front of you which looked immersion-breaking
+ New UI for tracking your Playstyle achievements, like bone-shattering crunches (and on that, a bunch of cool new icons for KOs like goats on crutches :p)

- Not sure if this is the only minus, until we know for sure the final HUD options or the way things disappear in motion.. but for now it looks like all players are called out by a big icon overhead. It sticks to your screen even when they're out of sight. Maybe this is for the Show builds though, as it encourages players to find other people and see how easy the multiplayer is. Still hope to see them minimised or disabled in the final thing though.

All in all, we're getting such a different, more polished build I'm staggered. I thought for a small team we would be getting the Alpha again whilst they worked on our feedback.. this is just a leap. Tremendous passionate work from Annecy :cool:

PedroFlinstone
11-03-2016, 02:35 PM
There's this one too Dano.. :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtC7G7uQu6Q

Yes, I noticed a number of new flourishes, most notably for PS4 users at least as you say, is Screen-Tear has been busted! Have to say I love how it is coming together, whole thing is looking SMOOTH now. So many though, what else..

+ Walk speed increased! Should satisfy a LOT of people.
+ I think there are some subtle new blend animations, there seems a little more expression from the model at all times.
+ They changed the Sport Select UI - much better - icons really capture the sports better
+ Screen prompts for the different D-pad controls have been added, both when walking and in Mountain View where you can really usefully turn on lines / challenges etc that nobody realised
+ I think that slight flickering you got of snow on the back of your board, like an overlapping texture, has been fixed too.
+ Time of Day controls are in.. can't wait to see what we can do with these!
+ Compacted snow in the parks / piste - looks like you're right and this is a thing now
+ Smoothed out GoPro.. this is actually rideable now.. first-person skiing is REALLY here :eek:
+ Added lots of world details, like new tow cables (Trials!), bridges etc.
+ Made it so the AI are standing at an event waiting (would be good if they waved or baited you ;) so they join naturally rather than spawn in front of you which looked immersion-breaking
+ New UI for tracking your Playstyle achievements, like bone-shattering crunches (and on that, a bunch of cool new icons for KOs like goats on crutches :p)

- Not sure if this is the only minus, until we know for sure the final HUD options or the way things disappear in motion.. but for now it looks like all players are called out by a big icon overhead. It sticks to your screen even when they're out of sight. Maybe this is for the Show builds though, as it encourages players to find other people and see how easy the multiplayer is. Still hope to see them minimised or disabled in the final thing though.

All in all, we're getting such a different, more polished build I'm staggered. I thought for a small team we would be getting the Alpha again whilst they worked on our feedback.. this is just a leap. Tremendous passionate work from Annecy :cool:

When he switches to mountain view at 5:38, do we see a challenge or drop zone on Mont Blanc?

DanoClark
11-03-2016, 03:29 PM
One week to go :D

Less than a month until full release too!!! Please Ubi, get the digital versions up for us console peasants so we can preorder (I've actually decided never to preorder again after NMS, though this doesn't count due to alpha/beta tests) :)

Fruitarian
11-03-2016, 03:55 PM
When he switches to mountain view at 5:38, do we see a challenge or drop zone on Mont Blanc?

We do, but this is not the Beta they are playing in any of these.. so don't expect to be going there until launch :)

DanoClark
11-03-2016, 04:05 PM
Sprint button too ;)

TrialsFusioniot
11-03-2016, 04:20 PM
Looks like they added visual shockwaves when you land sideways (4:32min).

The player symbols - ouch! If you really tried very hard to create the most distracting thing in a game, you probably could not better the symbols. Really knocking on wood that they have the option to switch them off like in The Crew. There you also got swarmed by those symbols until the made them optional because players complained. The symbols always being there is just a no-go for a scenic mountain game. Made me cancel my preorder. Will only buy the game at release if the option to switch them off is in the beta. They can handle it like in The Crew where you see other players on the world map if the symbols are off in the HUD. That works well.

Fruitarian
11-03-2016, 07:51 PM
Sprint button too ;)

You mean there IS one buddy, or you WANT one?

DanoClark
11-03-2016, 07:55 PM
There is one ;)

TrialsFusioniot
11-03-2016, 10:10 PM
Case sensitive running or did you go like 'I-can-run-up-a-50-slope-through-waist-deep-powder-like-Usain-Bolt' arcadey?

DanoClark
11-03-2016, 10:23 PM
I've no idea.