PDA

View Full Version : When will BG&E2 come out?

errorx1
10-30-2016, 05:15 PM
We know that the game is in pre-production. So I was wondering how long wil it take for Ubisoft Montpellier to create this game.
Because most big games usually take 4 years of development.

What do you guys think?

Soulid_Snake
10-31-2016, 02:33 AM
I'd say 2019 at the earliest, looking at least 2.5 years of development. I would have said 2, I just think it's too much of a large project. Then again, might sound pessimistic(don't judge me), I can see delays happening.

P1nKR4Bb1t
07-03-2017, 02:01 AM
If its before 2020 I'll be surprised, hoping for a (late?) 2018 'space monkey program' release though

Legion-495
07-03-2017, 02:52 PM
Well they use computer help(Generating stuff and I think that already works quite well for them).
It will probably be shown at the next E3 again and after that I think it either goes for 2019 X-mas or the summer 2020. And 2020 seems more realistic to me.

Never is a option we need to consider if Vivendi buys up Ubisoft. And Ubisoft does all to buy itself back right now.
That is my personal fear for the game... Vivendi

browntoya
02-07-2018, 03:55 AM
Iím saying this year in 2018

Ganet2
02-07-2018, 12:24 PM
While I admire the optimism I really don't see 2018. Even late 2018 seems unrealistically optimistic. However I really hope we get plenty of news and see plenty of progress. Just getting trickles of information is infuriating and while I can probably deal with that it'll just annoy some people to the point of forgetting about it. Not saying to give away any story elements but people need to know what they CAN do in a game before spending their hard earned cash on it.

I predict early 2021. If the fact that many games companies are publicly traded doesn't bite ubisoft in the rear end. Such a fickle market.

IRISNetwork
02-11-2018, 03:56 AM
https://twitter.com/isbge2outyet?lang=en

:)

Legion-495
02-11-2018, 12:48 PM
:rolleyes:

Kierrok
02-19-2018, 12:19 AM
Well remember in their stream, Michel said they've doubled in crew since E3 2017. So, that means the pace sped up. I believe they'll give a possible date this E3 (as said already) I suspect if it would be here this year, it's likely a Nov. release. However, a March or April 2019 likely--- watch they'll do an April Fool's joke "IT'S BEEN CANCELLED... *2 weeks later* Guess what!? APRIL FOOL'S!!! ROFLOFAO!!! It's not cancelled, and it releases Nov. 20th (27th)!" But if not March or November 2019, most definitely a March 2020.

Velorian666
02-19-2018, 02:19 AM
I think we all are underestimating the work here. As far as I know this game is still very pre-any even alpha testing. As directer from naughty games stated. Games nowadays, atleast large productions takes 3-4 years to produce. This is for games with scales with rather linear story lines and not directly mmo/openworld style games, such as wow, skyrim, and the likes. These games in general take much longer. Assuming that they only just ramped up production on this tittle, we are talking that it will most likely be another 2-3 years before they will finish this.

Think about the scale they are trying to achieve. We not talking about a simple city. We are talking about single planets. To create planets and make them look rather interesting, it a lot of surface area. Though I assume most planets in bge, might have only one larger city, and I have my doubts if these cities are anywhere near the scale of ghanesh--city. Which I am guessing will be the main city. I am also very curious how long it will take to fly between planets. The question is also what's the outer boundary of this universe. Is it also a globe? meaning eventually if you keep flying one direction you will come from the back? If we could get an understanding of how long hey have taken to produce one planet and perhaps we know how many they want to create I could see we might be able to guesstimate a more accurate timeline. Otherwise there might be a lot of empty areas on planets. Which might be fine to, that in order to actually visit a planet interesting location you might have to have the right coordinates. That will make exploring rather fun. Ofcourse I like to see quite a few planets that got no atmosphere, that way if you visit them, there won't be any real interest on it, or maybe a few. I don't suspect all the planets in system 3 will have life on it.

Anyways I think all in all we won't see this before 2020 at the earliest. I hope they will make this game in such a way, that they can keep adding content to it. I like them to take the time and really give a product that is as complete as they envision.