PDA

View Full Version : Open Beta, 18th - 21st November.

DanoClark
10-27-2016, 05:19 PM
https://twitter.com/Steep_Game/status/791672280829063176

https://t.co/OZC2tC63w7

:D

Ubi-Surulies
10-27-2016, 05:20 PM
For all of you to look at the trailer as well: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1512576-Gear-up-for-Steep-s-Open-Beta!

;)

DanoClark
10-27-2016, 05:21 PM
Early access from 10th to the 14th November too :)

Hype!

Fruitarian
10-27-2016, 06:59 PM
Can I get an AMEN?

Two Steep weekends in November for everybody!! :D:D

B3N--
10-27-2016, 07:36 PM
That's a really great news !!

can't wait for november to come... GG Ubisoft, before that, the hype was real, now he become unreal !! :)

question: "so the first enlisters will have access on 10 Nov to 21 Nov or there is a cut into the 2 session?" (aka 10 -> 14 / 18 -> 21?)

What a great news :) ++

formasymphonic
10-27-2016, 08:14 PM
I'm hoping to see a list of changes from alpha, but i doubt there will be one shown publicly

Fruitarian
10-27-2016, 08:21 PM
I'm hoping to see a list of changes from alpha, but i doubt there will be one shown publicly

Yeah, would be good to get a blog on that :D

Over to you Devs..

Kdogg788
10-27-2016, 10:11 PM
They're cutting it a little close to the release date with open beta aren't they? It gives them only a week or so before release.

-k

NewschooIer
10-27-2016, 10:54 PM
very hyped!

i'm glad it isn't earlier because i have to write a paper for school. i highly doubt i would finish it on time if one beta phase is in the first weekend of november :p

DanoClark
10-27-2016, 10:57 PM
It's an open beta, very little if anything will change from it until release, it's more down to them having the opportunity to test that servers will cope and how smooth a connection people experience really, that and to give people a chance to play it before purchasing, kind of like a time limited demo, the same was done for The Division, I expect to see changes from the alpha for certain, how much I'm not sure as it depends on a lot of things.

DanoClark
10-27-2016, 11:10 PM
Oooopps double post!

Fruitarian
10-28-2016, 12:10 AM
Oooopps double post!

Ooops.. DOUBLE BETA ;)

TrialsFusioniot
10-28-2016, 08:58 AM
I find the idea of 9 days demo-beta short before release dangerous for sales.
People might have seen and done everything after a few days.
Ya know, only cosmetic progression system and no hardcore mode to challenge you, just saying.... :cool:

Kdogg788
10-28-2016, 02:16 PM
Still on the progression/XP system trip eh? It's not sales that I'm worried about. People who are going to buy the game will buy the game. The beta is so close to release that there likely won't be time for beta feedback to help influence the final product if there are still issues with the game.

-k

Skaterjo82
10-29-2016, 08:52 AM
so let me get this right....if we were amongst the "chosen ones" to play the closed beta a month ago are we going to be able to try the open beta?

i hope its not a silly question ;)

Fruitarian
10-29-2016, 10:06 AM
I find the idea of 9 days demo-beta short before release dangerous for sales.
People might have seen and done everything after a few days.
Ya know, only cosmetic progression system and no hardcore mode to challenge you, just saying.... :cool:

Nah these things are usually tremendous for sales, especially as to the wider public, the Beta for Steep is the exposure people have been waiting for. It is good for the health, and audience of the game that they've been able to put up three tests before launch. Remember - we came out of the first run with very positive feelings for it, and we're still here. Each new wave will do the same, but for much larger groups.

In terms of 'doing everything' - you know that ain't so, but it's masking disappointment over the absence of RPG character stuff, I know :rolleyes:

I feel the opposite, this game more than most in fact that have demos/betas that reveal half the content, is impossibly larger than we can experience. They could unlock the ENTIRE Alps and still we'd not have half. The meta of challenges, competition, line-making, online tournaments, unlocking the bigger peaks.. never goes away.. and then ALASKA is going to land on us before we know it like a giant coconut cake from the skies.. and that instantly DOUBLES the size of the game. When shooters add a map or two to keep things fresh, it is a twelfth of the game space.. each new world for us to explore is like a whole new game.

Annecy have said very little so far of the online nature of the game too, what surprises they have in store for us when the mountains are live..

Fruitarian
10-29-2016, 10:08 AM
so let me get this right....if we were amongst the "chosen ones" to play the closed beta a month ago are we going to be able to try the open beta?

It'sjustsillyenoughformetoanswer!

Hey Jo, yeah rest assured if you were in the first test you'll be reinvited into both Beta phases. The Early Beta is there to spread the tests, and encourage people to register ahead of the word-of-mouth wave. We should try and get as many people as we know are interested to register so they can join us in under a fortnight..

TrialsFusioniot
10-29-2016, 02:43 PM
Yes Fruit, you are probably right. Maybe they provide only half the map like last time, with the biggest peaks still locked.

Yet I still would like the progression system that I crave so very much :)

Maybe in future, when I did a few small games and my little gaming company is up and running, I try to merge multiplayer and traditional progression systems in a snowboard game. It is on my dreams list anyway.
I will also try to be innovative and will create very difficult and down to the bone realistic controls :D
The ultimate learning curve. With no tutorial or 'easy' option. No 'Ubisoft button holding to get there'.
People like that! They appreciate innovation and the feeling that they can not master the game! It is a sure winner with the players and reviewers.
Cough...Infinite Air, Cough...my own little game, haha

I still do not understand why they do not create 'leaques' in Steep to have players with equal skill progression, like in Amped, matching. You can ride for yourself for fun or take on leaque competitions to level up. You get better like in real life and take on better leaques.

I guess i will just be quite about progression and hardcore mode and observe :(

Kdogg788
10-29-2016, 02:52 PM

It's a totally legit question. Technically open beta means anyone can play which means it should appear on the Xbox store as an open beta and there should be a Steam announcement and download available to all.

-k

Malcot
10-31-2016, 05:17 PM
I'm really looking forward to playing again but am a bit worried too as it was at this point in the Division Beta that I realised I wouldn't be buying. I hope we will see a lot of the annoyances in the Alpha gone and not another old build that is going to pop my Steep bubble.