PDA

View Full Version : Steep Interview from Gamewelt.tv (half German)

Benzka2k
10-25-2016, 05:33 PM
Here is another cool Interview with cool new impressions like a bat wingsuite and Stuff

http://www.gameswelt.tv/steep/event-bericht-aus-annecy,54728

Hope u enjoy it, even if the half of the Video is in German :)

B3N--
10-25-2016, 07:45 PM
Thanks a lot bro !!

I don't understand deutch , but i have almost understand what he said :) And the exclusive gameplay we see in are just amazing. (that green batman, i want it so bad)

We can see a lot of thing that was not see in details, like the GoPro view..or the advance paragliding tricks (ok the paragliding looks pretty cool now, the isse was me !!)

Thanks for the seed, very nice vid'

seriously, that game !! good job Ubi annecy, you can be proud of it

Fruitarian
10-25-2016, 07:54 PM
Fantastic gameplay clips.. yes GoPro is looking a bit smoother, and there seem to be new outfits every video we see! Good work character team! ;)

Sorry to hear from Renaud though that there won't be any snowstorm setting :confused:

I don't see why it would interfere with the 'perfect day' if it is only an option. For me, a thick snowfall is a perfect day. This sounds as though they have removed the option to change the world atmosphere settings ourselves on-the-fly.. which I hope is not the case. Would be a real shame to limit night riding, or sunsets to only certain drop zones. That versatility in place of dynamic time, is what will keep the same runs fresh after many tries.

TrialsFusioniot
10-25-2016, 08:31 PM
I think with 'perfect day' he just meant that there are no snowstorms and other survival-weather conditions.

The manual time of day change anytime and anywhere on the map is really important, and also visibility change by haze/fog. Just as they pronounced so many times.
In the alpha I travelled really long distances because sunset was only available at certain drop points, but I wanted sunset on the other end of the map as well. That was not good.
Also the game can obviously change time of day per button press, so there is no good reason to remove that option. Unless the 'design department' had to much time to think and 'make it better'. :D

Kdogg788
10-25-2016, 10:57 PM
This is one of the better clips I've seen. It's fun to see how the game came about and is made.

-k

BigBlackTicTac1
10-26-2016, 01:57 AM
Anyone know how the manual change in time of day works while you are playing with other people? Does that mean everyone is seeing the world differently while riding right next to each other in a group, or does one person in that group have control over the time of day?

Kdogg788
10-26-2016, 03:20 AM
If I had to guess, each event has a preset time of day and if you are playing with a group it will change to that time for everyone.

-k

TrialsFusioniot
10-26-2016, 07:15 AM
Time of Day and Visibility seems to be really only changeable when going to different drop point. I always thought they meant you can change it in the world map.
That was the one thing that really bothered me in the alpha. For night you have to go there on the map, for day there, for sunset there !!?!?
What a bummer. Honestly. It is just a silly solution compared to either a dynamic day/night system or fully user controlled anytime/anywhere.

at 7:24min he explains the idea.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YCCwduBKYs

B3N--
10-26-2016, 08:33 AM
^^Yes a day/night cycle who is server based can be really cool; but some challenges are not doable by night, i think particulary at the hard wingsuit one "the flying squirels" when you must slalom in the forest, there is a lot of trees. So that can frustrate too.

Perhaps, in the players challenge, the creator is able to choose the time of day he want..

can't wait to see more of it

TrialsFusioniot
10-26-2016, 09:10 AM
I tend to dislike muktiplayer more and more :(

I mean what's the point with the weather presets depending on the location of the mountain? You go to this spot on the mountain, suddenly there is only night. You go to another spot, there is only noon, you go to another spot, there is only dusk. :confused:

Honestly, this makes me regret my preorder. It was the one single thing that was really bad in the alpha. If you wanted to see for example Tyrol at night or any other time of day than the preset Tyrol time of day, you had to go to a spot on the other end of the map where there is night by some mysterical circumstances and then fly across the whole map to Tyrol.

First they throw out anything that belongs into sports games for their multiplayer nonsense, like difficulty options and character progression, and now this.

Man, you preorder once from Ubisoft, then this. Such a silly design decision with the weather presets. This is a real bummer.

Fruitarian
10-26-2016, 09:15 AM
What a bummer. Honestly. It is just a silly solution compared to either a dynamic day/night system or fully user controlled anytime/anywhere.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YCCwduBKYs

No bummer! :D You CAN change it anywhere, it is on the D-pad whilst you are standing still, or at least was when I tried at Gamescom..

Watch the system we have happening here at 12:05. The system we have is not dynamically-out-of-our control, but dynamically-in-our-control. It's a good system, if there's enough variety in lighting and fog conditions..

https://youtu.be/Nhq8IlvZe1c?t=12m5s

So don't worry.. we will be able to ski anywhere by moonlight!

Fruitarian
10-26-2016, 09:21 AM
I made an infinite carving gif.. because I'm thrilled to see they have improved the GoPro to a rideable state. Can't believe we will be getting a 1st-person mountain game!

http://i.imgur.com/9RBehpW.gif

EDIT: P.s. again riding with friends making clips and tricks, and NO ICONS spoiling the view, just saying Annecy ;)

TrialsFusioniot
10-26-2016, 11:42 AM
Hope you are right! If they remove the option to change time of day and visibilty anytime/anywhere, then I will start a White House Petition to have it back in.
It was so painful during the alpha to travel to your favourite spot halfway across the map just to have another time of day there.