PDA

View Full Version : New BoB idea for Oleg

Bull_dog_
03-13-2004, 01:26 PM
Oleg,

Just had a thought that might make interesting use of a mission builder in a future sim like BoB...

Build a utility that allows you to place objects in spacial positions, name the object and then save it for future use...the applications would be:

Build Convoys of ships
Build Trains
Build vehicle columns
Build task forces
Build attack and defense squadrons of airplanes
Build armored divisions
Build beach fortifications
Build artillery firebases
Build machine gun nests...
Build a factory or shipyard to destroy

You get the idea...once an object is created, you can save it and call it up at a later date...so if I create a bomber wing, I can put them into a mission and destroy them over and over again.

Building these object groupings would be very entertaining and add lots of time to the life span of a sim...not to mention, 3-D modellers might be more interested in building more objects for the game...some barbed wire, a few Qansit huts, some guard towers and viola, you have a POW camp...

Just a thought...i'd pay $ for it

Bull_dog_
03-13-2004, 01:26 PM
Oleg,

Just had a thought that might make interesting use of a mission builder in a future sim like BoB...

Build a utility that allows you to place objects in spacial positions, name the object and then save it for future use...the applications would be:

Build Convoys of ships
Build Trains
Build vehicle columns
Build task forces
Build attack and defense squadrons of airplanes
Build armored divisions
Build beach fortifications
Build artillery firebases
Build machine gun nests...
Build a factory or shipyard to destroy

You get the idea...once an object is created, you can save it and call it up at a later date...so if I create a bomber wing, I can put them into a mission and destroy them over and over again.

Building these object groupings would be very entertaining and add lots of time to the life span of a sim...not to mention, 3-D modellers might be more interested in building more objects for the game...some barbed wire, a few Qansit huts, some guard towers and viola, you have a POW camp...

Just a thought...i'd pay $ for it

LEXX_Luthor
03-13-2004, 01:50 PM
Kinda like active groups of objects? Awsum.

Another thing. How to place radar, if possible. Can we can place our own radar, or at least modify it. For example what if the Brit radar was not completed or working as well as it was. Also, ground observers were important too. How would that be under control of the mission builder?

Would radar placed by the mission builder be able to communicate to both player and AI aircraft? I dunno.

I hope Oleg makes Mission Builder for BoB and uses large formations of aircraft...kinda like suggested by the poster above. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

:
"Damn.....Where you did read about Spitfire made from a wood?
Close this book forever and don't open anymore!" ~Oleg_Maddox http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif