PDA

View Full Version : Battle for Europe?

Air_Hog
06-05-2004, 10:53 AM
I haven't flown FB for awhile. I dusted it off and discovered an AoE disk was out. I loaded it plus the latest patch.

What's this BoE? Anybody know?

What's this Pacific War flight sim? Is it an addon to FB using the same graphics engine? Isn't Oleg's engine getting a bit old now.

What's this BoB thing - is that going to use the same graphics engine as IL2?

A.H.

Air_Hog
06-05-2004, 10:53 AM
I haven't flown FB for awhile. I dusted it off and discovered an AoE disk was out. I loaded it plus the latest patch.

What's this BoE? Anybody know?

What's this Pacific War flight sim? Is it an addon to FB using the same graphics engine? Isn't Oleg's engine getting a bit old now.

What's this BoB thing - is that going to use the same graphics engine as IL2?

A.H.

Steven190
06-05-2004, 11:55 AM
The Battle Over Europe is a Just Flights add on for IL2 FB. It has missions and a campaign. Some new skins to go along with the package.
The Battle of Britain is another add on that is added to the current IL2 FB engine.
The Pacific is going to be a new engine, a extension of the iL2 FB platform.

HH Quazi
06-05-2004, 11:59 AM
BOE ia an add-on concentrating on the western front. It adds single, coop, and online/offline campaigns, along with approx. 93 historical skins for the American and LW aircraft.

Pacific Fighters is going to be a stand alone release and will feature the battle in the Pacific along with carrier landings. Most all of the updates we've been getting pertains to it. It is due to release in Sept. 2004.

BOB is going to be the next sim Oleg releases created on a new game engine. It's due to be released in Sept. 2006 I believe. Hope this helps. There is a Pacific Fighters forum created. You will probably get allot more info over there.

Air_Hog
06-05-2004, 12:10 PM
Thanks for the info. I've noticed that some people on forum get all sort of help and links, etc. yet they never bother to reply.

Thanks

A.H.

Zeus-cat
06-05-2004, 01:28 PM
Actually, there are a quite a few campaigns in BOE. They just released a patch yesterday and added campaigns for the P-38, Me-163, the desert map and the RAF. The original BOE has campaigns for the P-51 and P-47. There are also half a dozen on-line campaigns featuring the Normandy and Ardennes maps.

A good package IMO.

Zeus-cat