PDA

View Full Version : Vikings, knights and samurai in one team?

Scaevus
10-24-2016, 06:47 AM
I've seen a gameplay of the game and there were vikings, samurai and knights in one team! Are you kidding me??
Your setting about war between vikings, knights and samurai, how can they be a teammates??? This is contrary to your own ideas..
I understand that you made it to allow friends with different tastes to play together but may be you will make a faction vs. faction mode?
First I saw that there will be rpg stuff with numbers of strengh, agility, intelligence, abilities and other. I thought there all will be based on your reaction and skill, and now I see that all will be depends on how many hours have you played in this game. Disappointment with each new gameplay video.
Abilities? well ok, let it be but may be you'll release that mode? Can you? For people who seeks immersion..

P.S. Sorry for my english, I hope you can understand me.

Dez_troi_aR
10-24-2016, 11:56 AM
Don't worry, your english is fine and you are easy to understand.

The mixed factions are a turn-off for me, too. In the early trailers and gameplay, everything looked like it would be a faction vs. faction concept, which gave the game something unique and exiting. I would prefer it that way. On the other hand... there were a lot of good arguments made for why this makes sense. You have mentioned the possibility to play with your friends even without someone having to make compromises with their favourite classes. One could add the potentially improved matchmaking and less possible problems with balancing.
I would have preferred faction vs faction but in the end i can see the validity of the reasons for making it like it is now. I hope for a faction mode and am more focused on duel/brawl mode anyway.

Concerning the stats: It seems like there were some issues with stats and gear making too much of a difference in the alpha test. BUT their initial credo seems to be still in place: That stats/gear is meant to be a method to customize and fine tune your charakter NOT to make him stronger. More like a system of trade-offs which allows a feeling of progression but not really a game-changer. So there is no need to worry, if the game turns out as they intend it to be, ForHonor will be 95% skill based.

Ymir.exe
10-24-2016, 12:52 PM
Yeah, I know. It's horse manure, right? They set it up as this awesome battle of ideologies where each faction has an entirely different outlook on life, what is important, who they are as a people, and they've been locked in war for a thousand years trying to establish dominance and determine once and for all who the mightiest warriors are.

Then you jump into the game and there are knights and samurai fighting alongside your viking against other vikings, knights, and samurai. And it feels bad. There's no other way to put it. It does not feel good at all. There are no stakes, no sense of camraderie, just a bunch of random people you don't have anything in common with. At least if I got placed into the game alongside other vikings it would feel like "Hell yeah, fellow vikings! Let's show them our fury!" but there's nothing like that.

If there's a faction vs faction mode, I'm only playing that and duels. Right now it feels more like a fighting game, where the story and worldbuilding are an afterthought. And I was hoping this wasn't going to be that. I was hoping we were going to see people get really into their chosen faction, sort of like people are with Alliance and Horde in WoW, where there's this rivalry between the two factions, which can only exist because you don't have that crossover.

Scaevus
10-25-2016, 02:56 AM
it would feel like "Hell yeah, fellow vikings! Let's show them our fury!" but there's nothing like that.
If there's a faction vs faction mode, I'm only playing that and duels. Right now it feels more like a fighting game, where the story and worldbuilding are an afterthought. And I was hoping this wasn't going to be that. I was hoping we were going to see people get really into their chosen faction, sort of like people are with Alliance and Horde in WoW, where there's this rivalry between the two factions, which can only exist because you don't have that crossover.
Absolutely agree, just like in WoW "Hey! Come on, Horde! Let's kick that Alliance asses!" and that was cool, I hope they will make because I think and I see that I'm not alone in my opinion.

That stats/gear is meant to be a method to customize and fine tune your charakter NOT to make him stronger. More like a system of trade-offs which allows a feeling of progression but not really a game-changer. So there is no need to worry, if the game turns out as they intend it to be, ForHonor will be 95% skill based.
Ok, if so, then good.

Thank you both for your approval.

iHunny
10-25-2016, 04:29 PM
I prefer how it is now rather faction vs faction. Reson is I dont want to be forced into one faction when playing with my firends. And there is no str, agi, int stats in the game. Its more reveng meter damage, block damage, attack damage, and so on that you get for different gear. Higher the gear the higher the bonuses, but also the more they reduce another stat. So you could max damage but your defence might take a huge hit cos of it.

Scaevus
10-26-2016, 07:13 AM
I prefer how it is now rather faction vs faction. Reson is I dont want to be forced into one faction when playing with my firends. And there is no str, agi, int stats in the game. Its more reveng meter damage, block damage, attack damage, and so on that you get for different gear. Higher the gear the higher the bonuses, but also the more they reduce another stat. So you could max damage but your defence might take a huge hit cos of it.

If you don't want to play such way then don't play. Simple. I am talking about mode for people who want. Don't think that I don't bother about people who don't share my opinion. I said
I understand that you made it to allow friends with different tastes to play together but may be you will make that mode for people who seeks immersion..

Ymir.exe
10-26-2016, 01:10 PM
I prefer how it is now rather faction vs faction. Reson is I dont want to be forced into one faction when playing with my firends.

Or, you could, you know... Compromise. Like an adult.

iHunny
10-26-2016, 04:55 PM
Or, you could, you know... Compromise. Like an adult.

... I have no problem with it being a seperate mode, but dont come here and force me into something in a game where they want to give the players options. Lets say they forced people to only play faction vs faction, that would be to take away a option. And guess what, you can make a costom game where poeple have to be faction vs faction. That option is there, but if the game forces a mode onto somone I will not be happy.

Take a bunch of friends and like minded people, creat a custom game where it says Viking vs Samurais, wait untill people joins and tada, factions vs factions. A seperate mode is not even needed, just the ability to creat lobbies with a specific name and perhaps custome rules.

Compromise like an adult?... What if you stop whining like a baby?

Sa0n
10-26-2016, 05:15 PM
i'have heard from Dev interview that the reason of why 3 factions can fight along should be explained in solo campaigns.

for me it seem it's gonna be a question of alliance against Apollyon, and maybe some "cold war" situations betwen the 3 , (with possibility of "shot *****" operations).

Ymir.exe
10-26-2016, 07:00 PM
And guess what, you can make a costom game where poeple have to be faction vs faction. That option is there

Can you?... Is it?... Let's see the proof.

Scaevus
10-27-2016, 05:31 AM
i'have heard from Dev interview that the reason of why 3 factions can fight along should be explained in solo campaigns.

for me it seem it's gonna be a question of alliance against Apollyon, and maybe some "cold war" situations betwen the 3 , (with possibility of "shot *****" operations).

Have you the link? looks interesting.
btw not "cold war" it most likely "civil war"

Sa0n
10-28-2016, 02:49 PM
Have you the link? looks interesting.
btw not "cold war" it most likely "civil war"

i can't remenber where the interview, if i re-find it i link it.
But the reason seem pretty clear, if you watched trailer and other video.
Apollyon seem to search an "eternal war" and she manage to get each the 3 factions fight agasint and forget peace... she seem to put fuel to fire each occasion she as.
and in the Viking mission gameplay, Viking was near to starving death because of Apollyon, and she probably cause similar treat to knight and samurai.

So with the higlight of this, we can easly imagine the 3 factions putting aside animosity, and fight Appolyon, to avoid death of is people, and whe can suppose some warrior prefer avoid uniting with former enemy and serve Apolyon...

in all case Apolyon seem to search rule all the world...

MisterWillow
11-08-2016, 02:39 AM
Over here resisting the urge to comment...

https://66.media.tumblr.com/a68fe220577e00c70e1d7bb4205f0427/tumblr_inline_mjo237ghsX1qz4rgp.gif

:p:p:p:p:p

Rain-Dragon
11-23-2016, 03:34 AM
I've seen a gameplay of the game and there were vikings, samurai and knights in one team! Are you kidding me??
Your setting about war between vikings, knights and samurai, how can they be a teammates??? This is contrary to your own ideas..
I understand that you made it to allow friends with different tastes to play together but may be you will make a faction vs. faction mode?
First I saw that there will be rpg stuff with numbers of strengh, agility, intelligence, abilities and other. I thought there all will be based on your reaction and skill, and now I see that all will be depends on how many hours have you played in this game. Disappointment with each new gameplay video.
Abilities? well ok, let it be but may be you'll release that mode? Can you? For people who seeks immersion..

P.S. Sorry for my english, I hope you can understand me.

I agree with you, except for the stats.
Characters have set speed, HP and dmg values. If they let us change those values a bit, why not? That way we can enjoy our favorite character even more, because we can make him "stronger" over time, but more importantly, tune him to our personal play style.
What if you love one specific character but feel he is a bit too slow, weak or squishy? This way you can fix it and make it that much more enjoyable.

MathiasCB
11-23-2016, 07:10 PM
Over here resisting the urge to comment...

:p:p:p:p:p

https://67.media.tumblr.com/cd1da38e194459c94685c7e967fab996/tumblr_nr7zqaDQjg1roohd8o1_400.gif

MisterWillow
11-23-2016, 09:04 PM
https://images.gr-assets.com/hostedimages/1380366374ra/718589.gif

MathiasCB
11-25-2016, 04:56 AM
https://m.popkey.co/6d88cf/DY80q.gif