PDA

View Full Version : [Oculus_Rift] LT and RT does not work

MrKlinke
10-18-2016, 11:37 PM
For whatever reason, the RT and LT are not detected here, I can hold RT forever in the tutorial without that this will make a change in speed (and the tutorial will then also wait forever that I press RT). I rebooted the system, checked it with a second XBox controller, and the Windows Control Panel shows me, that both controllers are fine.

UbiSkyBear
10-19-2016, 03:02 PM
Thanks for reaching out about this. Does this cause a delay when you press the triggers or it doesn't detect it at all?

How are your controllers connected; via the USB cable or wirelessly?

badrenton
10-20-2016, 04:57 PM
I'm having the same issue, using the Xbox controller and USB wireless adapter provided with the Rift.

Pressing the LT and RT buttons have no effect. I am able to use the other controller face buttons to do things like start the game, select menu options, etc.

ConnectiveZone
10-23-2016, 10:58 PM
Same here, LT and RT not working.

Graham

badrenton
10-24-2016, 09:45 PM
Was having issues with RT and LT, but finally got it working. I tried connecting my controller directly to my computer with a micro-USB cable, plugging my USB wireless adapter into USB 2.0 and 3.0 ports, and rebinding my wireless controller to the wireless USB adapter. At some point in all that, I did see a driver update... I think when using the micro-USB cable. Now it's working using the wireless USB adapter in a USB 3.0 port.

It's worth noting that when playing the tutorial, the speed boost using RT doesn't actually work until you've gotten past the "turn your head" bits and get the onscreen prompt to press RT for a speed boost, so make sure you play that far to see if it's working or not after making changes. Good luck!

MrKlinke
10-28-2016, 10:11 PM
In my case I could fix this problem by rolling back the driver of the XINPUT compatible HID device, it seems that Microsoft installed a new one with the Aniversary Update of Windows 10, that cause trouble on some systems.

If you want to try the same, follow these steps:
- Open the 'Device Manager' (just search for 'Device Manager' in the 'Search Windows' Box)
- Select 'Human Interface Devices' and then 'XINPUT compatible HID device'
- Select the 'Driver' tab
- Press the 'Roll Back Driver'
- Select the Driver with Version 6.3.9600.16384
- Reboot your computer