PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed Empire Plot

Vanquisher71
10-13-2016, 11:30 PM
So I went on the wikia and had a look at what's on the Egypt page and I realised they actually had multiple events they could use as a plot for Empire including a guy who inherited a Shroud, Moses who acquired a Stave of Eden, there was something about Darim Ibn La Ahad but I doubt they'd go to him cos his home wasn't there.

There were a few interesting stories they could have used but I believe the one with the most potential was the story of the Egyptian Assassin Amunet, who eventually assassinated Cleopatra. Her story seems like the most likely they would use when you consider it against everything else.

I know they might create something new but I thought they might use something they already have. I know their was also things about it released including the fact you were a slave, and this sounds similar to the story of Joseph (the guy who inherited the Shroud).

But I think personally, they should use Amunet's story as it is the most interesting, and it would be nice to play as a female assassin in a AAA Assassin's Creed game. Let me know what you guys think and also add any ideas you think they might use instead.

ERICATHERINE
10-14-2016, 01:26 AM
So I went on the wikia and had a look at what's on the Egypt page and I realised they actually had multiple events they could use as a plot for Empire including a guy who inherited a Shroud, Moses who acquired a Stave of Eden, there was something about Darim Ibn La Ahad but I doubt they'd go to him cos his home wasn't there.

There were a few interesting stories they could have used but I believe the one with the most potential was the story of the Egyptian Assassin Amunet, who eventually assassinated Cleopatra. Her story seems like the most likely they would use when you consider it against everything else.

I know they might create something new but I thought they might use something they already have. I know their was also things about it released including the fact you were a slave, and this sounds similar to the story of Joseph (the guy who inherited the Shroud).

But I think personally, they should use Amunet's story as it is the most interesting, and it would be nice to play as a female assassin in a AAA Assassin's Creed game. Let me know what you guys think and also add any ideas you think they might use instead.

Well I don't remember the guy name, but I remember that around Amunet's time there was a guy who did the very first hidden blade kill. If we would have a game based on it's story, we could see how the very first hidden blade was created. I remember a thread was based on that guy story. The person who did the thread wrote that Amunet could be in a time rift in a game set in Egypt with him in. I'll try to find a link for at least some info on him.^-^

ERICATHERINE
10-14-2016, 01:31 AM
Edit. In that link, check the year 465 bc.

http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline

I'll try to see if I can find the thread that was made about Darius. ^-^

Moultonborough
10-14-2016, 01:39 AM
Here's Darius's wiki page http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Darius

ERICATHERINE
10-14-2016, 01:50 AM
Here is the thread I'm talking about. ^-^

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1430796-Is-Darius-the-Main-Character-of-Empire?highlight=Darius

cawatrooper9
10-14-2016, 02:33 PM
Would be really interesting if they used they featured the Israelite and Moses v Pharaoh stuff- would fit with a lot of AC themes, too. AC Empire- "Be the Plague".

Not sure how historically accurate that is, though. I'lll even have to look up and see when the Israelites even were in Egypt.

marvelfannumber
10-14-2016, 04:45 PM
Would be really interesting if they used they featured the Israelite and Moses v Pharaoh stuff- would fit with a lot of AC themes, too. AC Empire- "Be the Plague".

Not sure how historically accurate that is, though. I'lll even have to look up and see when the Israelites even were in Egypt.

From what I've read there's no real record of a mass enslavement of specifically Jews during that time in Egypt. However there is substantial evidence that something similar to the plagues did happen.

They're not going to do this though because first off it's way too controversial. Ubisoft are not tough enough to do risks like that and it would be a media nightmare.
That would also place the game during the Old Kingdom and there's not alot to work with there. So much history during the Old Kingdom is unknown and the cities wouldn't be very interesting to explore that early.

I think it's more likely that the game will take place in either New Kingdom Egypt (likely during the reign of Ramses II) or Ptolemaic Egypt, with rifts that may include short glimpses of other periods.
I myself would love Ptolemaic Egypt as you would have a very interesting Greco-Egyptian flavour to the world, plus I really would love to climb the Pharos.

cawatrooper9
10-14-2016, 07:43 PM
That makes sense, I wasn't sure if there even was any documentation of it, or even if it happened.

They're not going to do this though because first off it's way too controversial. Ubisoft are not tough enough to do risks like that and it would be a media nightmare.
That would also place the game during the Old Kingdom and there's not alot to work with there. So much history during the Old Kingdom is unknown and the cities wouldn't be very interesting to explore that early.

Oh yeah, it's a big risk, and AC isn't about that... at least not lately.

The whole point of the famous disclaimer at the beginning of their games is that they were taking risks. A little in the main story line, sure, but the lore itself is absolutely full of them. They haven't been shy about making implications about huge religious figures in their material- just, typically not in the main story.

Sigma 1313
10-14-2016, 08:37 PM
@ERICATHERINE not only did I create that thread about Darius, I also wrote a 50 page GDD of how I would design Empire. About 50% takes place in Egypt with the other 50% taking place in Rome and Greece. You play as Darius fighting against the rule of the Persian Empire across the lands while uncovering some details about the ISU. It also has a modern day and several Syndicate-style time rifts allowing you to play as Amunet to kill Cleopatra in Alexandria in 30BCE, as Aquilus in the early 200s, and Arno in 1799. Link to the thread I made is here: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1487191-Assassin-s-Creed-Empire-GDD?
The majority of it is based on the alleged leaks. The majority of characters are historical and real, deaths in the right place (except 1 I think), and most major events really did happen. It took me about 2 weeks to write it all.

marvelfannumber
10-14-2016, 08:49 PM
The whole point of the famous disclaimer at the beginning of their games is that they were taking risks. A little in the main story line, sure, but the lore itself is absolutely full of them. They haven't been shy about making implications about huge religious figures in their material- just, typically not in the main story.
And there's a reason for that, most people (including me) aren't very invested in the lore and don't read it. Therefore they can take more risks in that than in the main game. Frankly I would love to see them do something controversial (not the Exodus though...Jesus times could work maybe, or even (god forbid) Muhammad times) but it's not going to happen in a main game and they will get alot of the wrong type of attention.

@Sigma 1313
I really liked some of the ideas in your document and I appreciate the effort but to me it seemed awfully complex and overambitious.
They're not going to do both Egypt, Greece and Rome in one game, then each setting would be downgraded to a city or two which I don't want to see because that would be a waste. I also find the idea of having a more open world style rift to be rather exhausting and again...over ambitious. The story also seemed to suffer from AC3 syndrome where the plot is carried by the historical events and not the opposite which makes for a rather messy and tonally inconsistent story.

I do really appreciate the effort though as said.

Sigma 1313
10-14-2016, 10:08 PM
And there's a reason for that, most people (including me) aren't very invested in the lore and don't read it. Therefore they can take more risks in that than in the main game. Frankly I would love to see them do something controversial (not the Exodus though...Jesus times could work maybe, or even (god forbid) Muhammad times) but it's not going to happen in a main game and they will get alot of the wrong type of attention.

@Sigma 1313
I really liked some of the ideas in your document and I appreciate the effort but to me it seemed awfully complex and overambitious.
They're not going to do both Egypt, Greece and Rome in one game, then each setting would be downgraded to a city or two which I don't want to see because that would be a waste. I also find the idea of having a more open world style rift to be rather exhausting and again...over ambitious. The story also seemed to suffer from AC3 syndrome where the plot is carried by the historical events and not the opposite which makes for a rather messy and tonally inconsistent story.

I do really appreciate the effort though as said.

Personally I cared more about gameplay than the story. Also, because the GDD just focused on core events, and not on each individual mission, I obviously was unable to convey a sense of character progression as much as I'd like to. Honestly, I feel spare of writing a 300 page script, I can't really convey the character progression as much as I'd like to. I really saw Darius moving a bit like Ezio through a single game though. He'd start out young, inexperienced and angry at his enslavement. He'd have a deep attachment to the people he killed not because he thought it was right, but because of his anger. His anger is fueled again with the death of his brother, but during the years, he's never left satisfied. He becomes cold and distant for a time, until he eventually turns to the creed and begins to become a wiser man in his middle age. I might have also expanded the sequences to include more. As it is though, I didn't want to just include 1-2 missions per sequence like Unity. I would have planned out 3-5 missions minimum other than something like the sequence where you kill Xerxes. I find that the biggest criticism is that it wants to do too much, but I don't really think that's a bad thing. If you got a complete package for $60 of all that plus a ton of side content that flowed well together, wouldn't that be extremely satisfying as both an AC fan and a paying customer? Yes it would cost a lot and take a lot, but from a business stand point it makes sense. You have an IP that is unique and original but is suffering from fatigue and losing itself. Having a massive game that draws back on the original ideas of the series while continuing to innovate would likely reinvigorate the community and stir up interest.

marvelfannumber
10-14-2016, 10:23 PM
@Sigma 1313
I mean sure, I want them to innovate with Empire aswell as if they don't the series will probably die. But in order to add all of the stuff in your document without making it rushed and sloppy it would literally take 5 years of slave labour or a Duke Nukem Forever style development cycle.

There should be a Egypt game, a Greece game and a Rome game (with the Rome game being kind of like what AC4 is to AC3 where it's connected but a few centuries apart, in Romes case a few centuries in the future), not a single game with all of them. That would just end up feeling sloppy and wasteful (like Brotherhood and Revelations).

Plus I mean having the entirety of Southern Greece as one of many maps in a single game seems quite implausible.