PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed: Empire: Work with the players!

Kiroku
10-09-2016, 07:34 PM
Hello everyone!

Since Ubisoft stated that they will revolutionize the AC genre I think this is the perfect time for us (the players) to write down everything we want to see (or not see) in the future title.

I opened this Thread for everyone who wants to post their wishes, ideas, things they missed in older AC games.

Why should we do this? Because I think a key essence for a good game is the connection between the players/fans and the developers. Ubisoft decided to take their time with a new AC game which gives me faith that they really plan on making this franchise awesome again. And I really hope they will work with us together for a masterpiece title of Assassins Creed. (Like AC2)

Together we can discuss whishes and ideas and if there are moderators around here..maybe they start communicating with us, collect our posts and send them to the right people which make things happen :)

So my whishes and ideas so far:

Overall I think AC could with its vast open world go a bit more to the roleplay direction. What do I mean by that?

- Good story telling with deep main and side quests and maybe some connections between them!
Example: You can help or work together with new people in side quests and depending on your decisions they can join you in main quests and return a favor.

- Crafting System: The player needs a scheme for new weapons or upgrades and has to collect several pieces to build them. (Maybe in side-quests or dungeons with good story telling about ancient egypt?) Also there should be more pieces of the armor one is wearing with different stats like boots with swiftness or climbing speed, gauntlets with armor and attack speed and so on.

- A new - more realistic - stealth system: AC Syndicate was cool but the stealth system was a bit ridicoulus with Evy getting invisible. The guards need to investigate a greater area depending on what is going on. If you just sneak through a restricted area and getting caught for a second they will just check the position where they spotted you. But if you killed someone for example they will investigate a greater area and dont go back to their positions after x seconds. Instead they try to figure out HOW the person died (by knife for example) while another one is going to bring more guards to save the area.

- Fear System: You as an Assassin sneaking through the shadows and killing without being seen by anyone should scare the f* out of people. Lets take the example with the guards. You killed a guard with a hidden blade and they investigate. Suddenly they figured out it was a blade that killed the guard and some of the guards "heard stories" about assassins walking through darkness like demons. To make it even better: You decide to fight those guards (lets say you vs 4) and after taking down 2 guards easily one of the 2 remaining guards talking about the scary myth of assassins starts running away because of being scared as hell. The other one decides then rather to fight you or to run away too and its up to you to kill them or let them go. Another idea could be you running and jumping over the roofs of egypt and some people walking and working on the streets notice a silhouette of you and comment on that: "Did you see that"?" "What the hell was that?" "Oh nevermind just a bird" Something like that.

So thats it for now. I will edit my post if I got new ideas etc.

Have a nice evening guys !

LoyalACFan
10-09-2016, 08:23 PM
I think there was a stickied version of a thread like this not long ago, but IDK what happened to it :confused:

ERICATHERINE
10-10-2016, 01:44 AM
Here are the 2 things I want above all else (not necessarily in the good order).

First, multiple save slots.

Secondly, the great return of a md like ac 3 (which, from my point of view, is the best md so far). This mean...

- We control someone in third person.

- The character we control in third person will have conversation with other md characters like Desmond was able to.

- We will have md missions like desmond had, which can be based on Assassins things like parkour or killing, like what Desmond did.

- There will be first civ. stuff like the character we control in third person talking to them or the use of pieces of eden.

- There will be emails.

- We are a md character who would eather already be an Assassin (for exemple Galina) or become one at the start of the game like Desmond in ac ii (like Desmond's son).

For now, I think that's all I want. ^-^

LoyalACFan
10-10-2016, 09:57 AM
First, multiple save slots.

OH MY GOD yes yes yes. This is such a basic and useful function that a lot of games are totally skipping over these days. Was so annoyed when I realized that my brother and I couldn't have individual saves on Mafia III this weekend. Now I've got to wait for him to finish it before I start :nonchalance: Plus, in Mafia, you can't even replay missions. At least in AC, you can kind of replay the game by selecting each memory individually.

ERICATHERINE
10-10-2016, 11:37 AM
OH MY GOD yes yes yes. This is such a basic and useful function that a lot of games are totally skipping over these days. Was so annoyed when I realized that my brother and I couldn't have individual saves on Mafia III this weekend. Now I've got to wait for him to finish it before I start :nonchalance: Plus, in Mafia, you can't even replay missions. At least in AC, you can kind of replay the game by selecting each memory individually.

Yes and even if you can replay the missions there is still some part of the game that you can't replay is you don't erase the saved data directly on the console. Of course I'm not only talking about the collectibles. Just in unity, there is the couple "missions" that are just a video.

In my recent ac serie, I did unity and syndicate to 100%. In my next ac series I will surely not 100% them again, which mean I will lose my 100%.

Kiroku
10-27-2016, 08:04 PM
Aditionally I was thinking about the open world. Maybe it would be a great new experience if there will be multi-regions for open world. The player has to act different in different regions.
Like break into a mension in the woods or near the woods for a side quest or so. And some places to be dark and gritty with fog n stuff.

London and Paris were great and massive towns and a good place for AC but just walking trough the same town 24/7 which is restricted early wont give me the same feeling to explore things. AC2 was great! Because you as a player traveled to different places like Venice which was wonderfull.

Since the new AC will most likely take place in the old egypt there wont be forests but maybe some other ways to create one open world with different regions which has their own atmosphere..

cawatrooper9
10-27-2016, 09:56 PM
Was it this (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1388165-Lets-re-examine-the-AC-Franchise-and-help-out-the-devs!?highlight=sticky)?

Or one of the many other threads like it? :p

ERICATHERINE
10-27-2016, 10:16 PM
Aditionally I was thinking about the open world. Maybe it would be a great new experience if there will be multi-regions for open world. The player has to act different in different regions.
Like break into a mension in the woods or near the woods for a side quest or so. And some places to be dark and gritty with fog n stuff.

London and Paris were great and massive towns and a good place for AC but just walking trough the same town 24/7 which is restricted early wont give me the same feeling to explore things. AC2 was great! Because you as a player traveled to different places like Venice which was wonderfull.

Since the new AC will most likely take place in the old egypt there wont be forests but maybe some other ways to create one open world with different regions which has their own atmosphere..

Maybe a boat on the Nil could be used as a way to do it. For exemple, take the boat that we have to take, in ac ii to go from Forly to Venice.

For another exemple, of how great the boat system could be, check this thread I made, back in 1st April.

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1424961-AC-Empire-revealed-to-be-true-A-Ubisoft-employee-explained-the-boat-system

It was first planned to be made for april's fool, but like some members of the forum said, there is great idea in this thread. ^-^

Kiroku
10-28-2016, 05:47 PM
Maybe a boat on the Nil could be used as a way to do it. For exemple, take the boat that we have to take, in ac ii to go from Forly to Venice.

For another exemple, of how great the boat system could be, check this thread I made, back in 1st April.

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1424961-AC-Empire-revealed-to-be-true-A-Ubisoft-employee-explained-the-boat-system

It was first planned to be made for april's fool, but like some members of the forum said, there is great idea in this thread. ^-^

Your idea with the boat sounds good! Traveling with a boat or maybe with a horse too for traveling huge distances. Plus the player is able to improve his boat and horse a bit like ACBF. Like the boat or the horse got bags where you can store some throwing knives and bombs etc.

As far as I know the Nil also houses some crocodiles or aligators which could attack your boat while traveling. (Ofc. not every 10 meters another attack) To prevent your boat to get crushed by their teeth u can upgrade it and give it some more armor n stuff. Another way to use it is maybe for transporting some goods you can sell anywhere else or for fishing or let traders pay for bringing them to their desired destination.

I think to make the game a little greater is also to not run around as an Assassin in full armor 24/7 Maybe there could be a life outside the brotherhood and if you are planning on going for a mission or something comparable you can change your dress and go for it. An Assassin doesnt need his armor all day to act like one.

Overall the game should feel more real and connected to the protagonist you play. The last AC games I felt like walking trough a world where everyone else is just decoration. No interactions just with some NPC*s that got some quests for you and thats it. Simple dialogues with a guy that spread news or a bored guard etc. can make the player feel more relevant in the game and not being alone just doing his missions.

For me and I would really love to see that, the game needs a living world you can interact with and enjoy side stories etc. Thats why I think AC needs to be a roleplay game actually.

ERICATHERINE
10-28-2016, 06:38 PM
Also, apart from the boat, I got an idea from one of my oldest ps3 game, the godfather 2. In that game, every civil and even some police chef, senator, etc. can give you a job to do. The civil can give you two different reward for many different task.

The rewards.

- intel, that will serve you to kill important members from other familys. This could serve us to kill Templars. You can kill those members without the intel, if you don't watch a youtube video, you will have to both search in every city you've already been, while knowing that members can be in a city you haven't been to yet, you will also have to guess the only way to kill each different members among every single way to kill them. You would be lucky like I can't even tell you if you would even guess all that for at least one member of one family, which mean you will obligatory have to do those civil missions if you don't want to fight every members of a family at the same time at their compound when you'll have to go get it, knowing that the weakest of them are stronger than many many basic mob, which you will also have to kill and knowing that you will also have to fight the don and, in some cases, the consigliere, which you will always have to kill at the compound.

- there is also other civilian missions that will give you money.

The missions.

- stealing.

- exploding a building.

- hitting someone without killing him/her.

- killing someone.

Appart maybe exploding a building all those missions could be done in ancient egypt.

As for the missions for important persons, it often a more difficult, but same thing to do than for a civilian mission.

This would make us feel like the civilian are les decorative.

Also, for the crocodiles that are in the Nil, don't worry about it. They rarely attack boat, from from what I heard, if not not at all. They surely attack you if you go swim, of course. ^-^

Kiroku
10-28-2016, 07:53 PM
Sounds interesting. I was looking for some news about the upcoming AC Empire and some say that the protagonist will be a former slave and the game itself is set far far earlier before the first AC game. If this is true the story will be completely free to chose for the developers. I think because of the setting maybe we will see how all the Assassins vs Templars starts with the old races and relicts. This could be really interesting.

Also there are rumours that the developers will take Witcher 3 as inspiration for the new AC. If this is true I am really looking forward for the new game because Witcher 3 in my eyes made everything right. Thats why I was thinking about the roleplay stuff btw. It fits great to the series and gives it a new flair.

Those contracts you mentioned are cool features already existing in former AC titles. But for me the deep story was missing.Its really important to make more connections to the NPC's you are working with as the player. In AC2/Brotherhood they already did it. Story telling not always about the mission itself but also about the characters.(Bartolomeo)

While catching fish there could be a way to use crocodiles to interrupt the catch. Turning over your boat which ends up fighting the croco and get your fish.

Getting side missions/quests with NPC's would be awesome because the character can make connections without them even knowing that you are an Assassin. This little mistery would be nice to see while talking to them for example. They just ask sth like "so what are you doing all day" and you can choose between some dialogues or just try to hide your true profession. :)

ERICATHERINE
10-29-2016, 01:24 AM
Sounds interesting.

Thanks. ^-^

I was looking for some news about the upcoming AC Empire and some say that the protagonist will be a former slave and the game itself is set far far earlier before the first AC game. If this is true the story will be completely free to chose for the developers. I think because of the setting maybe we will see how all the Assassins vs Templars starts with the old races and relicts. This could be really interesting.

Well it's not really useful to search information for now. After all, ac empire is still based on a rumor and ubisoft still haven't comfirmed it yet. It could be a totally different game, not to mention the fact that even if there is an ac empire planed, it's all subject to change. ^-^

Those contracts you mentioned are cool features already existing in former AC titles. But for me the deep story was missing.Its really important to make more connections to the NPC's you are working with as the player. In AC2/Brotherhood they already did it. Story telling not always about the mission itself but also about the characters.(Bartolomeo)

Which former ac title? Was there really civilian giving missions, in ac ii and b? I remember that, in ac b, to start the Templar agents side missions, we had to interact with civilian, but it's technically missions we do for Machiavelli, if I remember correctly. :confused:

While catching fish there could be a way to use crocodiles to interrupt the catch. Turning over your boat which ends up fighting the croco and get your fish.

I don't think a crocodile could turn over a boat as big as the one used for let's say, the transportation of merchandise. On the other hand, we might still be able to hunt crocodile like in ac iv of even do wrestling with them like in liberation hd with the alligator. ^-^

Getting side missions/quests with NPC's would be awesome because the character can make connections without them even knowing that you are an Assassin. This little mistery would be nice to see while talking to them for example. They just ask sth like "so what are you doing all day" and you can choose between some dialogues or just try to hide your true profession. :)

indeed. ^-^

SixKeys
10-29-2016, 02:46 PM
Which former ac title? Was there really civilian giving missions, in ac ii and b? I remember that, in ac b, to start the Templar agents side missions, we had to interact with civilian, but it's technically missions we do for Machiavelli, if I remember correctly. :confused:

No, the Templar agents missions have nothing to do with Machiavelli. They included missions like Ezio talking to a shopkeeper whose stand had been destroyed by corrupt guards, a monk warning bystanders about a priest who had gone rogue and was killing people, or a woman who was about to jump from a roof because she couldn't stand that her husband had turned into a criminal. Most of these missions involved characters from the multiplayer.

ERICATHERINE
10-29-2016, 04:32 PM
No, the Templar agents missions have nothing to do with Machiavelli. They included missions like Ezio talking to a shopkeeper whose stand had been destroyed by corrupt guards, a monk warning bystanders about a priest who had gone rogue and was killing people, or a woman who was about to jump from a roof because she couldn't stand that her husband had turned into a criminal. Most of these missions involved characters from the multiplayer.

Yea I know those missions and I'm pretty sure we do them at least partly for Machiavelli. Look at this video. Check this video from 10 : 57 to 11 : 50.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-ZDmniuHXA

That part of the video says it all. ^-^

crash_1232015
10-31-2016, 05:41 PM
I have every faith that the developers will improve gameplay dramatically i.e. more in depth/progressive and challenging combat/stealth and parkour, more intelligent AI on all NPCs etc

what we really need is a new solid modern day character that we can apply the gameplay to as well and some real progress with the modern day storyline

ERICATHERINE
10-31-2016, 07:20 PM
I have every faith that the developers will improve gameplay dramatically i.e. more in depth/progressive and challenging combat/stealth and parkour, more intelligent AI on all NPCs etc

what we really need is a new solid modern day character that we can apply the gameplay to as well and some real progress with the modern day storyline

This. ^-^