PDA

View Full Version : Lack of split screen

JWILDS37
10-05-2016, 01:18 AM
We gotta talk about the announcement of getting rid of split screen...

Does this mean no more split screen for strictly online play? Or does that mean no more split screen for the campaign either?

Either way, getting rid of split screen is a huge disappointment! Split screen was one of the major reasons I was so pumped for this game. The announcement to get rid of it has seriously lowered my hype...

Killerbrian26
10-05-2016, 02:19 AM
Ubisoft, please! Come out with a straight answer!

Dez_troi_aR
10-05-2016, 03:01 PM
What i understood was, that there will be no splitscreen at all but still coop-mode. There is specification needed if that was a pretty obvious statement about the game beeing an online multiplayer or if it means that we can coop the campaign via online connection.
It's a little sad because split screen is a very videogame-esque thing and makes me nostalgic. Not a deal breaker by fa, though.

I dont know if split screen for online gaming was even an option in the past because not many people would find that enjoyable (performance wise). I thought of it as an campaign feature.

Elimelech401
10-05-2016, 08:06 PM
I was going to buy this, but not anymore. This is literally the worst decision they could make about the game. There is so much more connection between two friends playing split screen than playing online and definitely more connection than playing with randoms online. Split screen is the best feature a game can have period.

JimDynamo
10-05-2016, 09:41 PM
I was going to buy this, but not anymore. This is literally the worst decision they could make about the game. They ruined it. There is so much more connection between two friends playing split screen than playing online and definitely more connection than playing with randoms online. Split screen is the best feature a game can have period.

I am in exactly the same boat. I was excited for this one but I just don't have much use for games that don't feature split-screen. WILL NOT BUY.
It's sad for the industry that developers keep dropping it. Console games need split screen.
I was a big Halo fan until they announced their latest didn't have SS play... first game in the series i did not buy.
I'm bummed.

Elimelech401
10-05-2016, 10:48 PM
I edited my post to remove the phrase "They ruined it" because I decided it was a bit harsh towards the devs. The quote is correct. I still stand by everything else I said in the original post and I do think the devs could keep the split screen even if they have to delay it and patch it in a few months later. Thanks.

JWILDS37
10-06-2016, 04:47 AM
I edited my post to remove the phrase "They ruined it" because I decided it was a bit harsh towards the devs. The quote is correct. I still stand by everything else I said in the original post and I do think the devs could keep the split screen even if they have to delay it and patch it in a few months later. Thanks.

I feel ya.

I don't know the first thing about what goes into making a video game. And I'm sure it was tough decision to cut out split screen. Much respect to the developers of this game and I'm seriously rooting for the For Honor Team!
But that's why I am posting about the split screen... It's a feature that needs to be in AAA games like these. I still rock my oldest video games, decades later, because of the ability to sit down next to a friend and enjoy an incredible experience together.

So this is a cry out to the For Honor team... keep split screen. Keep as much of it as you can.

Getting rid of split screen may help to make other areas of the game better...but at what cost? Losing a feature that keeps players like me coming back to a game decades later...that definitely seems to me like a feature worth investing in.

momouber
10-07-2016, 03:03 AM
Its so disappointing thay they removed split screen. Been a day one fan and this just is so upsetting. Split screen has given me some of the best times during video games and this game would have been great with split screen. Wish they would add it back and maybe push the date back. Id rather wait and have split screen 😭💔

fotgki
10-07-2016, 01:56 PM
So some weekends we are playing sports game like the old days.
When i heard for this game i was excited first of all for the concept of the game and second for the splitt screen.
i imagined the day playing with some friends this exciting game.
i must say that i invited for the the closed alpha and i must admitt tat the game is awesome.
BUT this desicion of the ubi changes everything.
I never play games myself so probably i dont buy this game.

sorry for my english

JWILDS37
10-08-2016, 04:57 AM
Its so disappointing thay they removed split screen. Been a day one fan and this just is so upsetting. Split screen has given me some of the best times during video games and this game would have been great with split screen. Wish they would add it back and maybe push the date back. Id rather wait and have split screen 😭💔

YES! I'd rather them push their date back and keep split screen...been waiting this long for it, I'd rather it be done the best way possible!

Elimelech401
10-12-2016, 12:11 AM
My thoughts on split screen is if a game has multiplayer, it should have local multiplayer as well.