PDA

View Full Version : Question: PC Controls

Kolat79
10-03-2016, 08:29 PM
Greetings all!

I haven't been able to play the game directly yet, and I'll be rocking it on the PC when it comes out. That being said, all the reviews/play-throughs I've seen have been on PS4/Xbox and all referencing the controls/buttons for them. I'm curious if anyone has the break down on the controls for the PC, and/or knows of a video detailing that.

Any help would be greatly appreciated...

http://www.sharegif.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/08/thank-you-gif-1.gif

Patient_Fodder
10-03-2016, 10:31 PM
I don't have any video footage but I have played the TT and CA on pc with mouse and keyboard only.
Not sure what you would like to know, all controls were customisable (I changed all controls), and worked quite flawlessly.

The only thing, but that could be me, or me still getting used to the mechanics of the game, was blocking, I found that the hardest bit with a non controller setup.

Kolat79
10-03-2016, 10:43 PM
I don't have any video footage but I have played the TT and CA on pc with mouse and keyboard only.
Not sure what you would like to know, all controls were customisable (I changed all controls), and worked quite flawlessly.

The only thing, but that could be me, or me still getting used to the mechanics of the game, was blocking, I found that the hardest bit with a non controller setup.
Cool! The customizing sounds good...

How many buttons would it need? Like... WASD for movement obviously. Left/Right Mouse for Light/Heavy Attacks... Maybe QER for Left/Top/Right directional, and a 3rd mouse button for Block?

Any other button options I'm missing? Thanks! :)

Patient_Fodder
10-03-2016, 10:59 PM
Oh boy ...

4 directional buttons
4 feat buttons
2 execute buttons
2 taunts I think
1 roll/dodge
1 run / slide off ladder
1 lock on
1 lock change
1 Guard mode on/off
1 Revenge key
3 directions block / attack with mouse
All directions mouse look / designate area of feat
1 heavy attack
1 light attack
1 quick chat
1 global chat
1 team chat I think
Probably forgot a few (and not mentioning tab for scoreboard etc), forgive me. : o)

Think in the likes of: lock on, guard (or not), with guard engaged you can move the mouse in the right direction.
Lock on, light combo, heavy attack (this is also possible without a lock on, but seems to do less damage and is harder to focus of course).

I never said it was easy and I do think controller users have the advantage, but I am sticking to my mouse and keyboard.
: op

Kolat79
10-03-2016, 11:22 PM
I never said it was easy and I do think controller users have the advantage, but I am sticking to my mouse and keyboard.
: op

http://im.ezgif.com/tmp/ezgif-226853071.gif

Oh... That's quite a bit... Might look into actually using a controller on my PC then, though I've never done that before.

Patient_Fodder
10-03-2016, 11:46 PM
Oh... That's quite a bit... Might look into actually using a controller on my PC then, though I've never done that before.

Or you could try it in a Beta version whenever that is, besides blocking it really isn't bad, and as I said, that may be down to lack of practice.
: o)

dreadwolf_mkIV
10-04-2016, 07:54 AM
G and/or knows of a video detailing that.

This guy here uses PC controls and isn't half bad. Haven't tried them myself.
https://youtu.be/gL637--3CF0?t=21s

LuckyStrikerLHP
12-22-2016, 04:16 AM
Are the joystick buttons remappable?

Ze_Bala
12-22-2016, 06:45 PM
I hope its possible. Looks hard and dangerous to get your finger out of R stick to counter those defense breaks.