PDA

View Full Version : Ubi's silence is deafening

Malcot
10-03-2016, 04:14 PM
Is anyone else now getting a little worried about the lack of info and feedback coming from Ubi? We're now in October only around 9 weeks away from release and nothing, no updates, no open or closed Beta, nothing...

I have the feeling of an impending a delay coming. Fingers crossed I'm wrong and it's just crap PR.

B3N--
10-03-2016, 08:11 PM
the SOON is coming... lol

I have no more news, the closed alpha/beta should be coming soon normally..

The real question is "what is soon?" :)

++

TrialsFusioniot
10-03-2016, 09:13 PM
Hands down, I am so much looking forward to this game, I would not mind a delay if it means it is not going to be another piece of corporate AAA shovelware ending up in the 70s region on metacritic that just got rushed out to satisfy shareholders.
It is pretty much the game of my dreams, sometimes I wish guys like Rockstar or CD Project Red would have made this game. Would make me sleep better, tbh, looking at Ubis track record the last years. Hope they do not pull a Unity here.

UbiSkyBear
10-03-2016, 09:34 PM
Hi! We sincerely appreciate your patience so far and we will be happy to announce more information as soon as possible. :)

Fruitarian
10-03-2016, 09:43 PM
Well, at least the deafening silence hasn't resulted in a game like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wa2UfIu8de0

This is Infinite Air which some people were saying would better Steep in a lot of ways. They have been silent since reveal, and now are about to release.. and judge for yourselves.

However silent Annecy are, and for whatever unknown reasons, I know the game we're getting is unlike anything we've had before..

Fruitarian
10-03-2016, 09:44 PM
Hi! We sincerely appreciate your patience so far and we will be happy to announce more information as soon as possible. :)

You know there's a fifty press-up rule for any mentions of 'soon' around here, right? :p

B3N--
10-03-2016, 09:52 PM
.. as soon as possible. :)

And we get it !! :)

thanks for your reply, now we know that we are not alone in the mountain...

++

UbiSkyBear
10-03-2016, 10:10 PM
You know there's a fifty press-up rule for any mentions of 'soon' around here, right? :p

Haha, then how about "shortly", "in due time", or "in a little while"? :p

durkadurka182
10-04-2016, 04:22 AM
Haha, then how about "shortly", "in due time", or "in a little while"? :p

rather than take the piss how bout some actual information ?

TrialsFusioniot
10-04-2016, 07:30 AM

This is Infinite Air which some people were saying would better Steep in a lot of ways. They have been silent since reveal, and now are about to release.. and judge for yourselves.

However silent Annecy are, and for whatever unknown reasons, I know the game we're getting is unlike anything we've had before..

Ouch, that is a bummer. It looks like a mobil game the way the character moves. I do not understand it. It is the year 2016 and they still flip through animations like it was 1990 producing statues that do weird slapstick as as soon as the situation deviates from pre-scripted. I mean, at least do it well if you code your games like in the stone age. They have an unwind rotation of arms/body after landing that 2 out of 3 times only kicks in 1 second after landing. Or like in Steep when suddenly a magic rotation kicks in 1 second after launching. I am so looking forward to the time when they realize that not just gpu's but also cpu's have evolved, and they finally physics-simulate characters in sports games properly. It's like 'yeah, let's do what they did in Pacman' ... Infinite Pacman. It's really like they focus on every single thing in those games, huge world and dadada, and the characters motion comes last, gets one developer to work on while ten are having a go on the 'open world'. I do not need an open world if I only have Pacman on a snowbaord to play in it.

Fruitarian
10-04-2016, 08:33 AM
@durkadurka182 Easy now. You know the community team are as desperate to share information as we are to have it. It's a fallacy to think there's always something secretive being withheld. Truth is, on their side they're probably just not ready.. but want to be.

@Ubiskybear This hole won't dig deeper by itself! ;) Well if we're reaching for the Thesaurus, I prefer 'imminently' with parameters defined as 'this week no later!'.

TJ_Wylde
10-04-2016, 09:18 AM

Yeah that game is really a shame. With McMorris's name attached i was really expecting big things tbh. But i just saw this video earlier this morning (was actually looking for new info on the game haha) and was really disappointed by it. I know that he got an early build from the devs to try out and share gameplay from. But unlike with steep i'm really going to wait until after release to see what's what with the game.

Now as for the silence. Honestly i do mind it. BUT i also prefer them to be working on the game instead of advertising campaigns. Now if it ends up being delayed so we get a better game. So be it. Not really something i would mind tbh. For the right reasons of course.

Now i do appreciate the CM's responding here with their trademarked "soon" haha. But wile appreciate it i also think it's another scoop down into the hole. But i know. Being a CM can be sooo damn frustrating. You are basically living with your hands bound behind your back waiting for the few crumbs they might get to share with us the community. Until then the only thing they can do is as they've been doing now. Keeping people informed that the game is out there and well that's about it. Until they get the OK to share anything else. So wile it might be infuriating to see the same reply from Ubi CM's time and time again. Keep in mind that it's not their fault that they can't share anything more than they already do. Even if it's nothing right now.

So yeah i'll just keep waiting patiently for some real news. And until then i'll enjoy whatever i can. Play some SNOW (yeah yeah i know. but it's more then nothing), wait for Infinite Air to come out and see what's what with that. Do some real boarding and keep up-to-date on the forums here :D.

Malcot
10-04-2016, 09:22 AM

Soon isn't a timescale and the lack of solid information about the games development is frustrating as hell! The sure fire way of losing your customer base is ignoring them.

TrialsFusioniot
10-04-2016, 09:49 AM
And until then i'll enjoy whatever i can. Play some SNOW (yeah yeah i know. but it's more then nothing)...

NOOOOOO!!!! Fight, mate, fight! Come back to the light!
You can put some little plastic Lego figures on your table and play Snowboarding. Built some ramps and stuff. Them little Lego boarders would also move more realistic than the useless statues doing their slapstick in Snow.

TJ_Wylde
10-04-2016, 09:55 AM
NOOOOOO!!!! Fight, mate, fight! Come back to the light!
You can put some little plastic Lego figures on your table and play Snowboarding. Built some ramps and stuff. Them little Lego boarders would also move more realistic than the useless statues doing their slapstick in Snow.

Roflmao mate.

Tbh i've been testing snowboarding for SNOW since it was invite only. And i don't 100% dislike the game. But that's more because right now there's not much else. But don't worry mate. I also still have swtor (don't ask) to play, ezio collection next month, watch dogs 2 as well, 2 new PS+ games and still finishing Lord of the fallen. And i have many many many other games. Plus Rocksmith takes up a lotta time. I'll be ok mate. I might step into the shadow every now and then but i'll always stick in the light :D.

durkadurka182
10-04-2016, 01:41 PM

if you take away the goober playing it with his 2700 mutes, it looks to me like the best snowboarding game ever made. I think it could be a poop tonne of fun playing more realistically like just doing big grabs, slow spins and trying to land into transition. I've played every snowboarding game since Coolboarders on PS1 and while Infinite Air isn't perfect it certainly has potential and will scratch the itch until Ubisoft finally pulls their finger out..........soon. wtf?

TrialsFusioniot
10-04-2016, 03:55 PM
if you take away the goober playing it with his 2700 mutes, it looks to me like the best snowboarding game ever made. I think it could be a poop tonne of fun playing more realistically like just doing big grabs, slow spins and trying to land into transition. I've played every snowboarding game since Coolboarders on PS1 and while Infinite Air isn't perfect it certainly has potential and will scratch the itch until Ubisoft finally pulls their finger out..........soon. wtf?

I have also played all off them. I am a luny who did 1 million points on the 1st Millicent run in Amped 2.
Watched the Infinite Air video a bit more. I like their obstacle editor. That's cool! Let see how it turns out.
One thing must be said though. Either they go full speed in the SSX fun/arcade direction with all the sparkling colors on screeen or they do not go that way at all.
Stuff like the entire sequence 3:08min to 3:30min in a Snowboard game that is not arcade...I mean what is going on? The entire grind sequence and the flips look like taken from a casual mobile game. Especially the 5733 degree flip off the kicker. What is going on there? Will any human being ever be able to do it like this? Roll and Roll and Roll and Roll like a static statue.
Also some air time seems to have a low gravity mode enabled. Man, I place some expectations into that game. Whadda day :(

3:12..3:13min OMG :nonchalance:

ReaganDee
10-06-2016, 05:12 PM
Looks like Soon was only 3 days away