PDA

View Full Version : NOT BUYING! until Ubi confirms

DBLxxShotz
09-30-2016, 06:06 PM
That the game is playable offline. If this game is online only and i mean all the VS modes im not buying. Complete deal breaker for me. I want to be able to play all modes offline. Dont screw this up Ubi

Dez_troi_aR
09-30-2016, 06:21 PM
That the game is playable offline. If this game is online only and i mean all the VS modes im not buying. Complete deal breaker for me. I want to be able to play all modes offline. Dont screw this up Ubi

Hey there.
Could you explain to me why that is so important to you ? I was living in a student dormitory once where i was unable to play online (due to port restrictions my landlord
insisted on). Other than that, i can think of no reason why a for honor gamer should not want to play this game online.

(Short P.S. : I think it is a little bit ridiculous to formulate requests in this bully-like tone as if ubisoft would be frightened now. Just my opinion)

Greetings !

DBLxxShotz
09-30-2016, 06:38 PM
Hey there.
Could you explain to me why that is so important to you ? I was living in a student dormitory once where i was unable to play online (due to port restrictions my landlord
insisted on). Other than that, i can think of no reason why a for honor gamer should not want to play this game online.

(Short P.S. : I think it is a little bit ridiculous to formulate requests in this bully-like tone as if ubisoft would be frightened now. Just my opinion)

Greetings !

Because if someone pays 60-100 bucks for a game we should have the option of playing the way we want to play. What if the internet is down? Psn is down? Over seas service members? Microsoft got some heat for this a few years ago and rightly so and Ubi has done this with games like Rb6 and the division. Some people dont like to play online at all also. Its not an unreasonable request. Not sure how my tone is bullying or trying to intimdate as i simply said im not buying until i know i can play offline.

Honorhound01
10-01-2016, 08:16 AM
Offline play would be good

djb204
10-02-2016, 12:54 AM
I agree with this whole heartedly.
- Sometimes the Internet cuts out.
- Sometimes Xbox Live is down.
- Sometimes PSN is down.
- Ubisofts other online only games like The Division are offline a lot due to server maintenance. We can't even play solo during these times. It sucks.
Sometimes when I travel I take my console, what if I want to take For Honor?
- Sometimes my family members are all on my network at once, and the speed isn't stable enough to enjoy online play.

We NEED offline modes available, and NOT just campaign. All the modes with BOTS replacing real players in Dominion mode, etc. Bot enemies and Bot teammates.

HideoshiKaze.TV
10-02-2016, 02:45 AM
The game does have offline play vs bots from what I heard.

djb204
10-02-2016, 03:08 AM
I really hope so. We couldn't even play the alpha against bots until we were connected to servers.

Killerbrian26
10-02-2016, 08:19 PM
They've already confirmed a campaign that can be played solo, splitscreen and online. I would assume that you'd be able to play that in single player or split screen offline. In terms of the game, I believe there are bots to play against. They were in the alpha so I don't see why they wouldn't be in the full game, just don't know if you can play those offline.

Kolat79
10-03-2016, 08:31 PM

https://media.giphy.com/media/gtYaab8vCMWU8/giphy.gif

DBLxxShotz
10-03-2016, 08:52 PM

Heard but not confirmed. Fan of yours btw. Watched a ton of vids of you vs Willaguy,Paendego,Brando and a couple others. Youre really good and fun to watch.

jackstod1994
10-04-2016, 09:03 PM
The devs said it themselves multiple times for ****s sake, I cannot believe you are a fellow human being.

DBLxxShotz
10-04-2016, 11:39 PM
The devs said it themselves multiple times for ****s sake, I cannot believe you are a fellow human being.

You sound like a complete imbecile. Please post a link to this or stfu.

DBLxxShotz
10-06-2016, 02:35 AM
This pretty much explains it, it would be odd if they had an online necessity to play the campaign.

Im not talking about campaign im talking about the adversarial modes.

Precious771
10-06-2016, 11:18 PM
Yes, this option would be great. Although split-screen was canned, making PvE modes available offline will benefit all players, and increase replayability for years to come.

I heard somewhere this was in the works, but that honestly doesn't mean anything. We'll only know when it releases.

DBLxxShotz
10-07-2016, 03:50 AM
Yes, this option would be great. Although split-screen was canned, making PvE modes available offline will benefit all players, and increase replayability for years to come.

I heard somewhere this was in the works, but that honestly doesn't mean anything. We'll only know when it releases.

Finally a coherent response. Well i wont be buying until launch and its confirmed here. I personally dont think its going to be the case because after all its Ubi Soft and they ALWAYS manage to disappoint. Im beginning to believe that campaign will be the only thing playable offline and that would be extremely disappointing even more so now considering the split screen nonsense. Looking more and more that i wont be buying this which is a shame. I was planning on getting the Gold edition but looks like im going to have to wait and see.

djb204
12-14-2016, 08:02 PM
I wonder how much of an impact this will have on sales now that it's been confirmed? In all honesty though, it's the pre-orders that played a role here. They made their money already and the game didn't even come out yet. Now they can do what ever they want. This is a bad decision. Online only? Look what happened to The Division.

I-Doc-Doom-I
12-14-2016, 10:35 PM
Ubisoft has confirmed that this game will always be an online expierence. There is another thread that a community admin has posted this same response as well. The same confirmation is also contained in this article link, http://www.pcgamesn.com/for-honor/for-honor-always-online.

I personally have no issue with this being so, but I respect others with opinions that disagree. But fortunately you have the have the buying power to express your support for a game or lack there of. I look forward to seeing you all on the battlefield.

THAMONK5
12-14-2016, 10:47 PM
I dont care if its always online i got my pre order in. If you dont like that its always online dont buy simple as that god forbid if the internet is down a while & we have to play something else or do something else lol. The game is lots of fun & thats why i can say im buying & cant wait.

jeannaq
12-14-2016, 11:32 PM
I wonder how much of an impact this will have on sales now that it's been confirmed? In all honesty though, it's the pre-orders that played a role here. They made their money already and the game didn't even come out yet. Now they can do what ever they want. This is a bad decision. Online only? Look what happened to The Division.

It plays a big factor. I know quite a few people personally and even more on forums who have cancelled pre orders for this game because of it being always online.

Kryw0w
12-15-2016, 01:16 AM
Because if someone pays 60-100 bucks for a game we should have the option of playing the way we want to play. What if the internet is down? Psn is down? Over seas service members? Microsoft got some heat for this a few years ago and rightly so and Ubi has done this with games like Rb6 and the division. Some people dont like to play online at all also. Its not an unreasonable request. Not sure how my tone is bullying or trying to intimdate as i simply said im not buying until i know i can play offline.

That "Heat" was because it was an ENTIRE console, not a game. Plus there's a Campaign in the game as well, I doubt you'd have to play that online, but there is a co-op mode for it, so who know.

jeannaq
12-15-2016, 03:51 AM
That "Heat" was because it was an ENTIRE console, not a game. Plus there's a Campaign in the game as well, I doubt you'd have to play that online, but there is a co-op mode for it, so who know.

Ubisoft is now saying that the single player campaign is always connected now.

DBLxxShotz
12-15-2016, 05:38 AM
Ubisoft is now saying that the single player campaign is always connected now.

Yeah i saw that. Very unfortunate.

jeannaq
12-17-2016, 07:45 PM
Yeah i saw that. Very unfortunate.

It is, and it means it is just another game that showed promise that I can't play.

DBLxxShotz
12-17-2016, 11:00 PM
It is, and it means it is just another game that showed promise that I can't play.

Amazes me how just about every game ubi releases they always seem to do something that just defies logic.