PDA

View Full Version : It's the Final Countdown ... before the Ezio collection. "May Contain Spoilers"

ERICATHERINE
09-30-2016, 02:10 AM
First of all, some clarifications.

Some of you may remember that my last (and first) "It's the final countdown" thread has been made the 19th day before the release of ac syndicate. Well, if you asked yourself "why the 19th day?" I was actually planning on doing it soonner than that. It's just that I forgot about doing it, at some point. So, from now on, from around 1 month and a half to around 1 month before the release of each main title, excpect a thread like this one to arrive. It's like if I started a tradition, last year.

Some of you may also remember that I didn't do a thread like that one for the 3 acc games. The reason for that is quite simple. China was out before I got the idea of doing a thread like this one and since China was (at least for many, including myself) not that much appreciated and since India and Russia were made the same way, I didn't feel the need of doing a thread like this one for those two.

So without anymore waiting let's continu the tradition and this time, for the Ezio collection.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jK-NcRmVcw

We have around 1 month and a half (49 days to wait if I'm not mistaken) to wait until the Ezio collection is playable.

This thread is there to help me wait while staying excited for the collection. Also, everyone can put everything they want about the Ezio collection right here.

What you want the collection to be like, what you hope the collection will be like, your questions about the collection in hope someone who have the answer will answer you (which would be appreciated). You can even put the number of days before the collection is playable if you want. You can put everything you want, right here, as long as it have a link to the Ezio collection and I will be happy to answer as long as I have something to say about it.

I hope you will enjoy this thread, as much as I hope to enjoy it. ^-^

Also, on a side note, if you think my countdown does not show the good numbers, may it be of hours or days, let me know and I will correct myself if needed. If I remember correctly there was at least 2 updates of my last countdown that weren't true, with one of them being made by me about the number of hours left.

So remember, everyone. The 49th day after the 3 hours left here (yea, because I live in Quebec Canada) will be the release date of the Ezio collection. ^-^

For those who still haven't seen it, here is the trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZPQ2ijCgVw

Is it normal that this dude only pay around 40.00 of his money for that collection?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yA4tSC47iYk

Am I the only one who saw a difference on the 2 pictures, shown at 5 : 45?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hRbQbhVknc

Did you see it? Original = hood on. Remaster = hood down.

Also, is there really a big difference between pc version and ps360 version. I ask because while the video above is supposed to show last gen (so, ps360) the one below show pc max graphic. For me the graphic in the two versions I just named are practically the same, if not the same and the remaster version looks way better, from my point of view.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPWYA9QjdM0

I also hope they won't put another music instead of this one ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-11s1rWrH9o

... If we have ful notoriety in that end fight. ^-^

First of all, before I update the countdown, I have a news about the Ezio collection that I never saw on any thread of the forum.

I'm sorry if someone already talked about it, but I just went on the playstation store and I saw that their release date for the Ezio collection is November 15, instead of 17. I don't know if it's the same thing for those of you in other country than Canada, but I checked in a web site of two shops we have in Canada, which are Bestbuy and walmart. walmart.ca still didn't offer the preorder on their site so, I couldn't know and bestbuy.ca was also saying November 15.

Secondly, I saw on the ps store that the price for the Ezio collection is 80 fu**ing dollards. If someone working for ubisoft read this, do something about it. I checked the price on bestbuy.ca and it was a beautiful 60 dollards without tax, still lesss than 70 dollards with tax. Dear ubisoft employe if you make them pay us the real price it will surely benefits, not only us, but ubisoft. In the forum I often see people saying 60 is too much for them and I'm not one of them while I think 80 dollards is a price way too big, so imagine all the people that will not buy the Ezio collection with a price like that. I'm sure you will lose way more money than you will win. Also, from my point of view, why would I pay more on the ps store if I can pay less somewhere else. So, to every buyer who will read this comment, remember to go see in your local store or store web site if their price is lower before buying in the ps storeor you might either miss on what you wanted to buy or just pay too much.

So, the countdown is now at less than 46 days. ^-^

I have some other news. First the Ezio collection will need (if I remember correctly) 5.05 mo for the ps4, at least if buyed on the ps store. Unfortunately, I don't know for the xbox 1.

As for the second news, I saw the ps store offer a theme of the Ezio collection, if preordered. Well... I doubt it as a value of more than 10 dollards or even half of it. :rolleyes:

Vex_Assassin
09-30-2016, 02:54 PM
Hey Ericatherine, you can pre-order from here: https://www.amazon.ca/Ubisoft-Assassins-Creed-Ezio-Collection-PlayStation/dp/B01M13YMHP/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1475243471&sr=8-1&keywords=ezio+collection for a nice 59.99$ and shipping is free. I live in Montréal and Amazon usually ship on the day of release even with the free shipping option!

ERICATHERINE
09-30-2016, 03:06 PM
Hey Ericatherine, you can pre-order from here: https://www.amazon.ca/Ubisoft-Assassins-Creed-Ezio-Collection-PlayStation/dp/B01M13YMHP/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1475243471&sr=8-1&keywords=ezio+collection for a nice 59.99$ and shipping is free. I live in Montréal and Amazon usually ship on the day of release even with the free shipping option!

Yea, but I don't like amazon. I generally buy from either walmart or psn. Plus, I live right beside a walmart, so why would I order a shipping when I can have the same price right in my town and without have to walk a lot more to go to the postmaster. Also, I would like to read the case to know if ac ascendance is in and whet is the language of the video. That way, I'll be sure, if the french version is separated from the english one, that I will buy the one I want. Of course if there is a bylanguale version, I'll buy it, instead of those two. ^-^

So, I just went to the ubisoft live support and asked them to questions some of us might want to have an answer.

First, I asked if ac ascendance will be in.

The answer : they don't know it yet. Well, I get guess either it will be confirmed first by ubisoft, I will get the answer by asking another time in october or by watching the case when it will be in stores.

Then, I asked in which laguage ac lineage, embers and ascendance will be in north America when buyed on disc

The answer : they don't know yet, but it's likely the video will be in french, english and spanish (as for other language he didn't say there would be more, but he didn't said there wouldn't either).

The moment I readed his message about the first question. I was like.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMRrNY0pxfM

:cool:

ERICATHERINE
10-01-2016, 05:13 AM
So, there is less than 45 days left. ^-^

ERICATHERINE
10-02-2016, 05:12 AM
Less than 44 days. ^-^

ERICATHERINE
10-03-2016, 07:11 AM
Less than 43 days. ^-^

ERICATHERINE
10-04-2016, 05:18 AM
Less than 42 days. ^-^

LoyalACFan
10-04-2016, 06:31 AM
Did you see it? Original = hood on. Remaster = hood down.

There's actually already a well-known exploit in ACR to get Ezio's hood down semi-permanently. Just go to the DNA menu, load the Sofia mission where you have to collect the flowers (at least I think it's that one, it's called 'A Little Errand' I believe) and when the Accept/Decline Mission popup appears after the cutscene, decline the mission. When you load back into the open world, Ezio's hood will be down. To reverse the effect, just enter that Sofia mission again and accept it this time :D

ERICATHERINE
10-04-2016, 07:59 AM
There's actually already a well-known exploit in ACR to get Ezio's hood down semi-permanently. Just go to the DNA menu, load the Sofia mission where you have to collect the flowers (at least I think it's that one, it's called 'A Little Errand' I believe) and when the Accept/Decline Mission popup appears after the cutscene, decline the mission. When you load back into the open world, Ezio's hood will be down. To reverse the effect, just enter that Sofia mission again and accept it this time :D

Ah, I didn't know that. Thanks. Also, since the remaster picture was the one showing Ezio with it's hood down, it seems we will probably be able to do it in the Ezio collection like you say we could in the last gen version. ^-^

joshoolhorst
10-04-2016, 06:53 PM
Feels weird to see Ezio again

SixKeys
10-04-2016, 09:31 PM
Ah, I didn't know that. Thanks. Also, since the remaster picture was the one showing Ezio with it's hood down, it seems we will probably be able to do it in the Ezio collection like you say we could in the last gen version. ^-^

Possibly, though remember that Ubi can manipulate game conditions for trailer purposes. They can use camera angles that are impossible to achieve in normal gameplay or remove armor. Many ACB trailers show scenes from the game where Ezio is wearing only the basic armor he has in all official art, but regular players can't play through those same scenes without being forced to wear the leather spaulders and boots Machiavelli tells you to buy. There are armor glitches that allow you to remove some of the forced armor, but not all of it.

So basically, trailer footage is not reliable evidence of features that will be in the final game.

ERICATHERINE
10-04-2016, 10:38 PM
Possibly, though remember that Ubi can manipulate game conditions for trailer purposes. They can use camera angles that are impossible to achieve in normal gameplay or remove armor. Many ACB trailers show scenes from the game where Ezio is wearing only the basic armor he has in all official art, but regular players can't play through those same scenes without being forced to wear the leather spaulders and boots Machiavelli tells you to buy. There are armor glitches that allow you to remove some of the forced armor, but not all of it.

So basically, trailer footage is not reliable evidence of features that will be in the final game.

Yea maybe. Also, there is the possibility we Ezio will get a feature that will let us put his hood down or up at will. Like in a similar manner than we have in syndicate. ^-^

ERICATHERINE
10-05-2016, 11:59 AM
Less than 41 days. ^-^

Ubi-Banshee
10-05-2016, 04:03 PM
Less than 41 days. ^-^

Soon! ;)

ERICATHERINE
10-06-2016, 03:06 AM
Soon! ;)

Indeed. ^-^

ERICATHERINE
10-06-2016, 05:07 AM
Less than 40 days. Also, less than 7 weeks. ^-^

ERICATHERINE
10-06-2016, 12:32 PM
So, since these the Ezio collection will be a "remaster" of what is for the greater number of ac fan the best story of every ac characters, I think I will try something I never tried before. I will do an Ezio serie in english. I normaly do my ac series in french, since the only ac book I can read at the library are in french and since I have ac embers in french only.

At the same time, for me, it will be a battle against the clock. I will have to Finnish the 3 Ezio games and watch the 3 Ezio video in less than 40 days. It will also let me see with my own eyes if I can see a difference between the ps3 version and the ps4 version. I will also be able to do a comparison between the voice actors to see which language between french and english is the best for my taste. I wonder if I will see any difdence in what will be said between the french and english language. Take this trailer, for an quick exemple.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xkCPNECud8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ov0ZoPLqmHA

Like you can hear, in the english version the Templar says things he don't say in the french version.

So, counting today, I will start an Ezio serie, in english. I hope I'll have finnished it before the 15 November. ^-^

Edit forgot to say. I will do the 3 games at 100%. ^-^

Edit 2 : Sorry, but I just realized that even for someone who have all the time he want like me, there is practically no chance for me to do 3 ac game at 100% in about 1 month. To do that, I could use every single minutes between now and the 15 November and I would still miss time. Like everyone else, I have other things to do like sleeping and going out to buy stuff. And that's without mentioning the fact that there will surely be another festival of the lost as an October event for Halloween in destiny and I also heard a rumor that the sparrow racing league event is supposed to return in November.

LoyalACFan
10-07-2016, 05:38 PM
Not to discourage you or anything, but why would you want to play through the whole Ezio trilogy again RIGHT before you buy it on current-gen? It's not a "remaster" really, it's basically gonna be the exact same games with slightly improved visuals. Essentially, just the original PC version on high settings.

I mean, I'm still probably going to buy it, but I haven't played the Ezio games in ages.

ERICATHERINE
10-07-2016, 07:33 PM
Less than 39 days. ^-^

Not to discourage you or anything, but why would you want to play through the whole Ezio trilogy again RIGHT before you buy it on current-gen? It's not a "remaster" really, it's basically gonna be the exact same games with slightly improved visuals. Essentially, just the original PC version on high settings.

I mean, I'm still probably going to buy it, but I haven't played the Ezio games in ages.

I want to buy the games, so I won't have to play them on my ps3 that is becoming, with each new ac serie, more and more broken. As for the video, I want them, because like they said in ubisoft support, they will be supposed to be multi languale, which is not the case of the video I own. I have ac embers in french only and ac lineage and ascendance in english only. ^-^

ERICATHERINE
10-08-2016, 09:11 AM
Less than 38 days. ^-^

LoyalACFan
10-08-2016, 09:21 PM
Less than 39 days. ^-^

I want to buy the games, so I won't have to play them on my ps3 that is becoming, with each new ac serie, more and more broken. As for the video, I want them, because like they said in ubisoft support, they will be supposed to be multi languale, which is not the case of the video I own. I have ac embers in french only and ac lineage and ascendance in english only. ^-^

But what I meant was, if you're buying the Ezio Trilogy, why are you going to play them on PS3 again right before you play them on PS4? Essentially playing them all twice in a row?

ERICATHERINE
10-10-2016, 02:54 AM
Less than 37 days.

But what I meant was, if you're buying the Ezio Trilogy, why are you going to play them on PS3 again right before you play them on PS4? Essentially playing them all twice in a row?

Because, like I said in the comment I did when saying I wanted to do it,

- I wanted to know if there is any other difference between the french and english versions, other than the ones I pointed out.

- I never played any of the Ezio game in english. So, I wanted to know which versions had the best voices.

- I wanted to know in wich of the two language I would like to play my next ac serie (in the comment, I didn't named that one). ^-^

ERICATHERINE
10-10-2016, 05:04 AM
Less than 36 days. ^-^

ERICATHERINE
10-11-2016, 06:59 AM
Less than 35 days. ^-^

cawatrooper9
10-11-2016, 02:48 PM
Yea maybe. Also, there is the possibility we Ezio will get a feature that will let us put his hood down or up at will. Like in a similar manner than we have in syndicate. ^-^

Oh yeah, they could add a "sneak" button, and only have Ezio's hood up when it's activated. People would love that, right?

:p

ERICATHERINE
10-12-2016, 01:33 AM
Oh yeah, they could add a "sneak" button, and only have Ezio's hood up when it's activated. People would love that, right?

If it means that Ezio will be able to crouch, I would not only like it. I would fu**ing love it. ^-^

LoyalACFan
10-12-2016, 06:14 AM
If it means that Ezio will be able to crouch, I would not only like it. I would fu**ing love it. ^-^

Oh boy...

People should barely be excited for a graphical upgrade. Expecting full new gameplay mechanics is insanity. You're setting yourself up for disappointment.

ERICATHERINE
10-12-2016, 10:31 AM
Less than 34 days.

Oh boy...

People should barely be excited for a graphical upgrade. Expecting full new gameplay mechanics is insanity. You're setting yourself up for disappointment.

I never said I thinked they would do it. I said IF they do it. The only thing I want for the Ezio collection which can easily be done by ubisoft is for them to correct the games bugs. I know pretty well they will not do something as big as that. I was just saying I would like that IF they do it. ^-^

ERICATHERINE
10-13-2016, 09:48 AM
Less than 33 days. ^-^

ERICATHERINE
10-14-2016, 08:04 AM
Less than 32 days. ^-^

ERICATHERINE
10-15-2016, 05:08 AM
Less than 31 days. Yes. You read well. There is now only around 1 month of waiting before the Ezio collection will be officialy released. ^-^

ERICATHERINE
10-16-2016, 05:01 AM
Less than 30 days. ^-^

ERICATHERINE
10-17-2016, 10:50 AM
Less than 29 days. ^-^

ERICATHERINE
10-18-2016, 10:25 AM
Less than 28 days. You know that February is by a couple of days, the shorter month, between the 12 months. Well, there is now less than a ful February to wait before the Ezio collection is release. ^-^

cawatrooper9
10-18-2016, 02:43 PM
Less than 28 days. You know that February is by a couple of days, the shorter month, between the 12 months. Well, there is now less than a ful February to wait before the Ezio collection is release. ^-^

Well, that's a creative way of looking at it.

ERICATHERINE
10-18-2016, 02:59 PM
Well, that's a creative way of looking at it.

Thanks. ^-^

ERICATHERINE
10-19-2016, 12:17 PM
Less than 27 days. ^-^

ERICATHERINE
10-20-2016, 01:24 PM
Less than 26 days. ^-^

ERICATHERINE
10-21-2016, 02:38 PM
Less than 25 days. ^-^

Black_Widow9
10-21-2016, 08:11 PM
http://67.media.tumblr.com/1bbe6d899220e4c8254e2c9a2186c4ea/tumblr_mhwi8wXfQd1rss2jzo1_500.gif

ERICATHERINE
10-21-2016, 08:27 PM
http://67.media.tumblr.com/1bbe6d899220e4c8254e2c9a2186c4ea/tumblr_mhwi8wXfQd1rss2jzo1_500.gif

Rebbecca isn't able to come, but she invited someone to take her place. He preparing, at the moment. XD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hp20JSzfImc

ERICATHERINE
10-22-2016, 02:18 PM
Less than 24 days. ^-^

Sorrosyss
10-22-2016, 05:14 PM

*glares*

ERICATHERINE
10-22-2016, 05:19 PM
*glares*

I just saw that in less than 100 comments, you'll arrive at your 1000th. Keep up the good work. ^-^

ERICATHERINE
10-23-2016, 06:22 AM
I got a really long news. I discovered all/the big majority of the ubisoft club rewards. Here they are.

Here are the ones that will cost zero uplay point, but instead, badges.

If you have the initiate badge, you'll be able to get

In ac ii, the palazzo Madici as a Templar lair.

In ac revelations, it will increase your ammunition capacity.

If you have the Assassin badge, you'll be able to get

In ac 2, another Templar lair with a name way too big. (don't worry, I'll put a link at the end)

In ac brotherhood, the Aqueducs, which is another Templar lair.

If you have the master Assaassin badge, you'll be able to get,

In ac 2, the Arsenal Templar lair.

In ac b, the Trajan's market, which is another Templar lair.

In ac re, the prison of Vlad the empalor.

The following ubisoft club rewards cost 10 uplay points each.

Increase the amount of trowing knife by 5, in ac 2.

In ac b, the noble outfit Ezio was wearing at the start of ac 2.

Gun ammo's maximum capacity is 10 in ac b.

The next ubisoft club rewards cost 20 uplay points each.

In ac 2, you'll have access to the Auditore family crypt.

Altair's outfit for Ezio in ac 2.

The armor of Altair for Ezio in ac b.

Altair's outfit for Ezio in ac b.

In ac re, 3 weapons and a maximum medicine capacity upgrade of +5.

In ac 2, you'll have 3 Templar weapons + in ac b you'll be able to use the medici cape.

In ac 2, you'll have 3 mystic weapons + in ac b, you'll be able to use the venetian cape.

That last one cost 30 uplay points in the ubisoft club.

You will have new missions in the Mediterranean defense meta game in ac re.

And that's not all. I also discovered all/the big majority of the ubisoft club action and challenges and what they give. Here they are.

It seems watching ac lineage will give us 5 uplay points and 200 xp for the ubisoft club.

Same thing with watching ac embers.

In ac 2,

Entering the animus 2.0 will give you 10 uplay points and 450 xp.

By discovering the Assassin tomb in Santa Maria Novella, you'll get 10 uplay points and 450 xp.

When reentering the animus after the training, you'll get the same thing.

By finnishing ac ii, you'll get 30 uplay points and 450 xp.

Ac b

After the failed atempt of the modern Assassins to get to the last sequence of ac b, you'll get 10 uplay points and 450 xp.

If you get 3 gold medals in the animus training program, you'll get the same thing.

If you replay a memory, you'll get the same thing.

By finnishing ac b's md story, you'll get 30 uplay points and 450 xp.

In ac re

After having completed the first sequence, you'll get 15 uplay points and 600 xp.

By completing sequence 3, you'll get the same thing.

By finnishing ac re, you'll get 30 uplay points and 600 xp.

By browsing every title of the Ezio collection, you'll get 10 uplay points and 200 xp.

Here are the badges you'll beable to get for the ubisoft club by playing the Ezio collection and for the 3 first, also, by playing any other ac games.

Initiate - by getting 100 xp on the ubisoft club by playing ac games.

Assassin - by getting 3000 xp on the ubisoft club by playing ac games.

Master Assassin - same thing, but you'll have to have obtained 9000 xp this way.

Renaissance, you'll have to play one of the 3 game of the Ezio collection.

The work of a life time - finnish every title's story, including the 2 shorts.

Il vendicatore - Finnish the Ezio story of ac 2.

Il fondatore - same thing, but with ac b.

Il maestro - same thing but with ac re.

Complete all 3 Ezio games. The shorts are not needed for this one.

Play Assassin's creed the Ezio collection.

Completionist - complete every single ubisoft club actions for the Ezio collection that give uplay points.

Show me the money - acquire all the ubisoft club rewards for the Ezio collection.

Here are 2 links for proof of all that.

https://club.ubisoft.com/en-CA/game/assassins-creed-the-ezio-collection/XONE/rewards

https://club.ubisoft.com/en-CA/game/assassins-creed-the-ezio-collection/XONE/actions

With all that said, there is just one thing left for me to say for now.

Less than 23 days. ^v^

ERICATHERINE
10-24-2016, 01:47 PM
Less than 22 days. ^-^

ERICATHERINE
10-25-2016, 01:09 PM
Less than 21 days. ^-^

ERICATHERINE
10-26-2016, 05:32 PM
Less than 20 days. ^-^

ERICATHERINE
10-27-2016, 06:13 AM
Less than 19 days. ^-^

ERICATHERINE
10-27-2016, 06:40 PM
I think I will, before the Ezio collection arrive, play ac 1. I'm not sure if I'll do a complete ac serie, but with the Ezio collection bringing not only the story of Ezio, but also the ones of Desmond and Altair, I feel like playing the Ezio collection alone would be like playing an uncomplete story. So I'll try to Finnish ac 1 before playing the Ezio collection and after having played the Ezio collection, I'll also play ac 3. So it will be like playing the Desmond saga.

Also, I think I will do 2 things for the first time, in this serie.

First I'll try to complete ac 1 to 100%. That means I'll do everything I always do while playing ac 1, but also kill all the Templars and get all the "cough" those damn "cough" flags.

The other thing I never did before, but will do in this Desmond saga will be to play in english. That's the main reason of why I'm not sure if I'll do a complete ac serie. I guess it will depend of if yes or no I'll like the voice actors jobs, from ac 1 to 3. It will also let me judge which ones I'll like the most between the french and english voices.

Now wish me luck, because wiith all those "cough" damn "cough" flags, I'll need it. ^-^

ERICATHERINE
10-28-2016, 05:04 AM
Less than 18 days. ^-^

ERICATHERINE
10-29-2016, 06:30 AM
Less than 17 days. ^-^

ERICATHERINE
10-30-2016, 05:02 AM
Less than 16 days. ^-^

Black_Widow9
10-30-2016, 08:00 PM
http://65.media.tumblr.com/6817f0fadb74fcb1be96c8ad70326be9/tumblr_inline_n3aeufRMBU1qct9oj.gif
http://allsoundsasscreed.tumblr.com/post/81269450408/mongoliantiger-massive-shout-out-to-assassins

ERICATHERINE
10-30-2016, 08:11 PM
http://65.media.tumblr.com/6817f0fadb74fcb1be96c8ad70326be9/tumblr_inline_n3aeufRMBU1qct9oj.gif
http://allsoundsasscreed.tumblr.com/post/81269450408/mongoliantiger-massive-shout-out-to-assassins

This was their reaction when they learned they got an encore. ^-^

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ovu28YeZnPg

Black_Widow9
10-30-2016, 08:22 PM
This was their reaction when they learned they got an encore. ^-^

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ovu28YeZnPg
:D

ERICATHERINE
10-30-2016, 08:35 PM
:D

^-^

Black widow : :D

Me : ^-^

And then we continued like this. XD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NI-fvCPnZMI

I wonder. Has there been any news about if we'll also get the possibility to make Ezio wear the metal gear outfit? I don't remember if it was a dlc in the same way as the Altair armor in ac b or if it was obtainable in-game. ^-^

Edit. I mean this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kp3BxNnosX0

Also, has it been confirmed that we will also be able to get that? ^-^

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAE3369NYWo

ERICATHERINE
10-31-2016, 05:08 AM
Less than 15 days. ^-^

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R20-MOOZPpY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a12e3iKzqlw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yp_AlOMcdjw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGear5PlaOo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pIw4M4_ufI

rottenx
11-01-2016, 08:07 AM
Will this have the psn trophies ? and will it include Lost Archives DLC ?.... I cannot find any info on this anywhere.

ze_topazio
11-01-2016, 12:26 PM
Will this have the psn trophies ? and will it include Lost Archives DLC ?.... I cannot find any info on this anywhere.

Yes and yes.

rottenx
11-01-2016, 03:29 PM
thanks for the reply

ERICATHERINE
11-01-2016, 05:36 PM
Less than 14 days. ^-^

Edit. Just thinked that less than 14 days, also means less than half a February. ^-^

ERICATHERINE
11-01-2016, 07:33 PM
Thanks for the 2000 + views, everyone. ^-^

TheeMechanic
11-01-2016, 10:54 PM
I just played Assassin Creed II a part of the trilogy for the PS3 when I finished I had all trophy's unlocked except, DNA Sequence 8 The Impenetrable Palazzo and Hallowed be Thy Name - Discover the Assassins Tomb inside the Basillica Di San Marco. They were not recognized as being finished.
Can anyone tell me if the remastered version Assassin Creed Ezio Collection will be any different. Will Ubisoft fix bugs and you can actually get all trophy's. Or will it just be a better graphical experience with all the same bugs in place.
I really like the Assassin series. If the remastered version has all fixed I will just wait then play that one.
Thank You to all who read and or reply.:)

ERICATHERINE
11-01-2016, 11:13 PM
I just played Assassin Creed II a part of the trilogy for the PS3 when I finished I had all trophy's unlocked except, DNA Sequence 8 The Impenetrable Palazzo and Hallowed be Thy Name - Discover the Assassins Tomb inside the Basillica Di San Marco. They were not recognized as being finished.
Can anyone tell me if the remastered version Assassin Creed Ezio Collection will be any different. Will Ubisoft fix bugs and you can actually get all trophy's. Or will it just be a better graphical experience with all the same bugs in place.
I really like the Assassin series. If the remastered version has all fixed I will just wait then play that one.
Thank You to all who read and or reply.:)

I guess we'll see if the bugs will be corrected, when the 15 November arrive. For my part, the bug I wish ubisoft will correct the most is that one. ^-^

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOY70NVMkRM

ERICATHERINE
11-02-2016, 04:51 PM
Less than 13 days.

I have to say though. There is 1 or 2 games that I also want, that will arives in a couple of days after the Ezio collection. Those games will have many new things in them, for me. Since the Ezio collection doesn't have anything new, sure, I'll buy it, but I'm starting to thing I'll probably buy it before the Ezio collection. I'm excited about both the Ezio collection and that game actually. Thing is, this november is most probably the last month of the year where I'll buy a video game, since in December, I'll probably go on vacation to Cuba, which mean I'll have to save my money after the next game. It will be a though choice indeed, but this new game is pushing on the balance with more strength every day. ^-^

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VoevJ9RWtS8

DH176
11-03-2016, 04:12 AM
Has anyone heard if AC2 will have replay opportunity that you can pick memories like in every other game except for AC2

HDinHB
11-03-2016, 06:47 AM
Has anyone heard if AC2 will have replay opportunity that you can pick memories like in every other game except for AC2

It sounds like "No":

Its been confirmed already :/ http://www.egmnow.com/articles/news/the-ezio-collection-wont-fix-the-worst-thing-about-assassins-creed-ii/

Well, that's disappointing, but not unexpected. Which, oddly enough is the same conclusion the article reached.

In an on the record statement from a representative, Ubisoft told us “Assassin’s Creed II will not feature replayable missions. All games will have the same features that they had when they initially launched, but will have enhanced graphics.”

While it’s not unexpected that The Ezio Collection will do little more than bundle three games into one package add a graphical facelift, it’s disappointing to hear.

I don't see any reason to buy this day one. Maybe when Amazon has it for under $20. Too bad Ubisoft, you missed a real opportunity.

http://i.imgur.com/opk4S1Y.png

DH176
11-03-2016, 02:15 PM
It sounds like "No":

Well, that's disappointing, but not unexpected. Which, oddly enough is the same conclusion the article reached.

I don't see any reason to buy this day one. Maybe when Amazon has it for under $20. Too bad Ubisoft, you missed a real opportunity.

http://i.imgur.com/opk4S1Y.png

Thanks, ugh I figured that would be the case but was holding out that they put this feature in and do some actual work other then brightening up the game :(

ERICATHERINE
11-03-2016, 05:23 PM
Less than 12 days.

Conscerning my choice of which game to buy, I took a decision. If the Ezio collection have ac ascendance in more language than just english, I'll buy it first.

If the Ezio collection don't have ac ascendance or have it in english only, I'll buy the other game.

Finnaly, if I still don't know if the Ezio collection have it in other languages than just english, I'll wait until after either a phone call with the walmart near my home or a chat with the ubisoft support. Then after hearing their answers, I'll decide. ^-^

Ureh
11-04-2016, 02:35 AM
8:33 Ezio tree ornament by Hallmark
9:25 Short interview with Sabastien about the Ezio Collection

https://youtu.be/9MfDlN-ObDc?t=8m34s

ERICATHERINE
11-04-2016, 03:53 AM
8:33 Ezio tree ornament by Hallmark

I doubt Santa Claus would be happy that we decorate a christmas tree with a murderer. From my point of view it would be like asking him to give us a gun. :rolleyes:

ERICATHERINE
11-04-2016, 05:22 PM
Less than 11 days. ^-^

ERICATHERINE
11-05-2016, 05:02 AM
Less than 10 days.

ERICATHERINE
11-06-2016, 06:02 AM
Less than 9 days.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmNn5jfoUH0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCD0LmXrkm8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjcYqcL0v0Q

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uW09NDlBjK4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3i-PNcOAKo

TO_M
11-06-2016, 06:19 PM
Having this remaster not include the option to replay the AC 2 memories really shows that Ubi don't give a **** anymore.

I mean come on REALLY? This was/still is one of the most talked about/requested features of the past 8 years?

A little bit of effort would be appreciated, even for an obious cash grab game like this.

ERICATHERINE
11-07-2016, 06:07 AM
Less than 8 days. ^-^

ERICATHERINE
11-08-2016, 07:00 PM
Less than 7 days. Yes. You heard right. Less than a single week, to wait, left. ^v^

ERICATHERINE
11-09-2016, 06:18 AM
Less than 6 days. ^-^

ERICATHERINE
11-09-2016, 09:28 PM
Well. Now that there is clearly less than a weeks, before the Ezio collection will be buyable, I guess the race for the first person of the forum to buy it as begun. Everyone can participate to that race. The price : hours of fun, earlier than the other members and the chance to answer all the questions the losers will have.

At the same time, it's now time for everyone to write their questions.

Here are mines.

Will ac ascendance come with the Ezio collection? I'm not talking about only in his own disc. I'm also talking about if it is in the form of a special feathur.

If ac ascendance come with it, in which language does ac ascendance and the other 2 video, will be?

^-^

ERICATHERINE
11-10-2016, 09:28 AM
Less than 5 little days. ^-^

Pandassin
11-10-2016, 04:54 PM
In case any of you haven't seen yet:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byJvecoBl2I

ERICATHERINE
11-10-2016, 06:30 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SK2aGst1s-M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skWGjgoERtw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XiFgKiH0i2E

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCSckGikfME

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kmulGwfHrc

ERICATHERINE
11-10-2016, 06:33 PM
In case any of you haven't seen yet:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byJvecoBl2I

I really prefer the new version. It looks way better. ^-^

joelsantos24
11-10-2016, 08:37 PM
I really prefer the new version. It looks way better. ^-^
I have to say, I actually have mixed feelings about all this. AC being one of my absolute favorite series, I'm very excited to be able to play these games again, but I fear that the remasters will "plasticize" the experience, particularly the immersion, turning it much less engaging.

In this Gameplay Comparison trailer, when Ezio meets Federico at the top of the church, we can see the entire city of Florence, and being near or after sundown, we can see darker alleys slightly illuminated by public lamps. That's clearly visible in the PS3 version. We're talking about the Middle Ages, so candle light was the only source of artificial illumination, both indoors and outdoors. I remember playing AC2 on my PS3, and certain alleys of Florence were really, really dark during night-time. This video comparison actually gave me some concerns, particularly regarding the immersion of the experience. I hope it remains genuinely organic, overall.

ERICATHERINE
11-10-2016, 09:47 PM
I wonder if Venice will be less blue. On the few part of the video there, it show a big difference, but I what I mean is, will there be a big difference like that, everywhere in the city?

Also, about Venice. I wonder if it will be possible to see that island, that is supposed to be viewable from the Venice of ac 2. ^-^

Sorrosyss
11-10-2016, 10:21 PM
I'll probably pick this up at some point, but I'm not paying £30 for last gen games. I'll wait till the price drops for sure - especially when I still have my PS3 versions.

ERICATHERINE
11-10-2016, 10:54 PM
I'll probably pick this up at some point, but I'm not paying £30 for last gen games. I'll wait till the price drops for sure - especially when I still have my PS3 versions.

I still have all ps3 acs, but I'll buy them anyway. My ps3 is more and more broken each time I do an ac serie and so, this will let the console take a break, between ac 1 and 3. God knows how my ps3 need that break. ^-^

Fatal-Feit
11-11-2016, 12:35 AM
Despite the lack of 60fps, the motion blur they added does make the game look a bit smoother while in motion. Please make it optional through the menu though, because that Uberto scene makes me a little nauseous. > <

I have to say, I actually have mixed feelings about all this. AC being one of my absolute favorite series, I'm very excited to be able to play these games again, but I fear that the remasters will "plasticize" the experience, particularly the immersion, turning it much less engaging.

In this Gameplay Comparison trailer, when Ezio meets Federico at the top of the church, we can see the entire city of Florence, and being near or after sundown, we can see darker alleys slightly illuminated by public lamps. That's clearly visible in the PS3 version. We're talking about the Middle Ages, so candle light was the only source of artificial illumination, both indoors and outdoors. I remember playing AC2 on my PS3, and certain alleys of Florence were really, really dark during night-time. This video comparison actually gave me some concerns, particularly regarding the immersion of the experience. I hope it remains genuinely organic, overall.

Huh, now that you mention it, THAT is pretty interesting. They did overhauled the lighting system so maybe the candle lights are more dim and only noticeable when you're nearby them?

ERICATHERINE
11-11-2016, 06:47 AM
Less than 4 days. ^v^

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XP1Y-wRlEvQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxzoZC9Gbg8

joelsantos24
11-11-2016, 11:19 AM
Despite the lack of 60fps, the motion blur they added does make the game look a bit smoother while in motion. Please make it optional through the menu though, because that Uberto scene makes me a little nauseous. > <

Huh, now that you mention it, THAT is pretty interesting. They did overhauled the lighting system so maybe the candle lights are more dim and only noticeable when you're nearby them?
That's what I meant, it's significantly less visible, because the game is much brighter. That's what I fear...

ze_topazio
11-12-2016, 04:44 AM
PS4 trophies

https://www.exophase.com/game/assassins-creed-ii-ps4/trophies/

https://www.exophase.com/game/assassins-creed-brotherhood-ps4/trophies/

https://www.exophase.com/game/assassins-creed-revelations-ps4/trophies/

ERICATHERINE
11-12-2016, 06:35 AM
@ ze topazio. Thanks for puting it here. I searched it, but didn't found it, the other day.

Less than 3 days. ^v^

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoxHNp2IGlI

Fatal-Feit
11-13-2016, 12:48 AM
Someone with an early copy is currently streaming AC2. https://www.twitch.tv/erbkaiser

Also, you might notice that he has the exclusive Verizon DLC robe on. Apparently all exclusive DLCs are now obtainable through Uplay rewards.

HIBEE12
11-13-2016, 01:44 AM
Hopefully I'm allowed to post these here (haven't been on in a long time).
The aforementioned streamer (Erbkaiser) is playing right now, so here's some screen grabs from AC2. Looking very nice, some may be disappointed that the game wasn't rebuilt from ground up, though I am personally very happy that they didn't try to play around with a classic and instead heavily improved the textures and made it look oh so more beautiful (ohhh the water...)
It's hard to think this game is 7 years old

N. B. My internet is far from perfect, so I'm sure the quality is even higher in gamehttps://s21.postimg.org/sebax6eyf/AC2.png

HIBEE12
11-13-2016, 01:48 AM
https://s3.postimg.org/to9grlzoz/AC2_Puzzle.png

HIBEE12
11-13-2016, 02:07 AM
https://s4.postimg.org/cexwxio7h/AC2_beneath.png
https://s21.postimg.org/meuel60br/bbbborgia.png

HIBEE12
11-13-2016, 02:12 AM
And another one
Hopefully not clogging up the thread too much, just rather impressed by what I'm seeing
My favourite so far (ignore Ezio's lazy eye... I said ignore it!) :
https://s17.postimg.org/lv109nbb3/AC2_Close_up.png

HIBEE12
11-13-2016, 04:00 AM
It's a me!https://s18.postimg.org/dqx2mqp8p/AC2_Mario.png
Inside Monteriggioni
https://s15.postimg.org/lypn0pl6z/AC2_Mercato.png
Training - Cropped slightly so that the HUD doesn't get in the way and, strangely enough, Mario throws insults at Ezio about his mother. Stay classy uncle
https://s17.postimg.org/dxgmrqwin/AC2_Training.png.

ERICATHERINE
11-13-2016, 05:17 AM
Someone with an early copy is currently streaming AC2. https://www.twitch.tv/erbkaiser

Also, you might notice that he has the exclusive Verizon DLC robe on. Apparently all exclusive DLCs are now obtainable through Uplay rewards.

Didn't I said it in another page of this thread? :rolleyes:

HIBEE12
11-13-2016, 05:19 AM
Final few screenshots for now:

Why be an Assassins when you can watch walls?

https://s17.postimg.org/vx6gmrf9b/night.png
Daytime
https://s14.postimg.org/xjpabx88x/walls.png
Compared to the PS3 version
http://guidesmedia.ign.com/guides/14302493/images/590/assacreed2_b05_061.jpg

ERICATHERINE
11-13-2016, 05:22 AM
@ HIbee12. Don't worry about puting images. Just try to not put video of gameplay, if it's not in spoiler tag. ^-^

Edit. At least until the 15 November, of course. ^-^

erbkaiser
11-13-2016, 05:24 AM
Thanks for joining my stream HIBEE12 (http://forums.ubi.com/member.php/766677-HIBEE12) and for posting some screen grabs here :)

I'm very impressed by how amazing AC2 looks in this collection... can't wait to play all of it.

ERICATHERINE
11-13-2016, 06:16 AM
Less than 2 tiny days. You heard right. The countdown is practically over. ^v^

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_d08JahRIk

HIBEE12
11-13-2016, 02:00 PM
Thanks for joining my stream HIBEE12 (http://forums.ubi.com/member.php/766677-HIBEE12) and for posting some screen grabs here :)I'm very impressed by how amazing AC2 looks in this collection... can't wait to play all of it.A pleasure, it was great fun to watch you play and talk about the game! You somehow managed to make me even more hyped for when my copy arrives.One of the other viewers last night shared some of his comparison shots with us and they look very nice to say the least! Hopefully these and some of the images I've posted can help to sway those who are sitting on the fence into buying the game, as well as show people the work that has been done to a 7-year-old game (that already looked great upon it's initial release.)

Before:

https://s15.postimg.org/lajq62cuj/Da_vinci_1.jpg

Now:
https://s21.postimg.org/5o2o41s93/Da_vinci_2.jpg

HIBEE12
11-13-2016, 02:07 PM
Of course, screenshots alone won't do the game justice, it has to be played so that each little detail can be appreciated

ERICATHERINE
11-13-2016, 06:46 PM
A pleasure, it was great fun to watch you play and talk about the game! You somehow managed to make me even more hyped for when my copy arrives.One of the other viewers last night shared some of his comparison shots with us and they look very nice to say the least! Hopefully these and some of the images I've posted can help to sway those who are sitting on the fence into buying the game, as well as show people the work that has been done to a 7-year-old game (that already looked great upon it's initial release.)

Before:

https://s15.postimg.org/lajq62cuj/Da_vinci_1.jpg

Now:
https://s21.postimg.org/5o2o41s93/Da_vinci_2.jpg

Again, the new version is way better. ^-^

Will_Lucky
11-13-2016, 11:26 PM
Watching some of the stream. Certainly looks more lively with all the color.

I will also note the Reddit thread the author mentioned the game was patched with 4K support, in other words they potentially decided to make the game PS4 Pro compatible afterall.

ERICATHERINE
11-13-2016, 11:45 PM
Tomorrow, I'll watch an "ac bloodline movie", on youtube. That way, not only will I have a more complete story of Desmond, thanks to ac 1, I'll also have an even more complete story of Altair, before ac revelations. ^-^

Thanks for joining my stream HIBEE12 (http://forums.ubi.com/member.php/766677-HIBEE12) and for posting some screen grabs here :)

I'm very impressed by how amazing AC2 looks in this collection... can't wait to play all of it.

So, you have the Ezio collection? Can you tell me if it comes with ac ascendance, in that case? I know ubisoft didn't tell it comes with the Ezio collection, but they didn't said it doesn't either. Plus, I got a bluray of ac lineage that have ac ascendance as a special feature. From my point of view ac ascendance being a special feature could very well be the reason why ubisoft didn't talked about it.

So, does ac ascendance come with the Ezio collection, in one way or the other, or not?

Also, in which languages comes the 2 or 3 videos? ^-^

ERICATHERINE
11-14-2016, 02:22 AM
At the moment this message as been sent, there is already a big part of the planet where all they have to wait before they'll be at the 15 November is less than a day. Of course, right now it's not the case, here in Quebec, Canada, but it's the case anyway for many countries like France which is 6 hour forward, when comparing to where I live. So, since tomorrow, I think I'll update the countdown from time to time while using hours instead of days, I'll put the videos I wanted to put, ahead of time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWXgtwHy8Ss

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xkCPNECud8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzNs4-kRLaE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=753327AMNIM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cv3OabBh2cY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzjCC7Uwnj0

I would also have puted a trailer for ac ascendance (if there is one), but I don't know if there is ac ascendance in the Ezio collection yet. ^-^

Barneyboy69
11-14-2016, 09:22 AM
I bought and played all three of these included games on PS3. They were the GOTY editions, which you don't seem to see anymore for later games.

I gave ordered my EC for PS4 and can't wait to see what improvements have been made in the remaster.

But surely Ubisoft could gave re-released a nextgen remaster for Assassin's Creed (1). This was a great game its own right.

I have recently been replaying AC3, this would also benefit from a remaster, as would AC Rogue.

I also own and have played the PS3 version of AC4 Black Flag. I couldn't afford a PS4 at the time of purchase.

I have now ordered a PS4 version, but do I have to re-buy all of the DLC/Season Pass having already done that on PS3 or is there likely to be any sort of concession for loyalty?

ERICATHERINE
11-14-2016, 06:49 PM
Here in Quebec Canada, there is less than half a day left to wait before we'll be in the day of the Ezio collection. ^v^

I have now ordered a PS4 version, but do I have to re-buy all of the DLC/Season Pass having already done that on PS3 or is there likely to be any sort of concession for loyalty?

I don't know which one you're talking about between ac 4 and the Ezio collection, but

For ac 4, you'll have to rebuy everything you want to rebuy, just like you can choose to not rebuy some of it. Of course what you don't rebuy, you won't be able to play on ps4.

As for the Ezio collection the most important dlc are already included. As for the other, to get them, you'll have to use your uplay point on the ubisoft club. I did a complete list of everything related to the ubisoft club conscerning the Ezio collection, in another page of this thread. ^-^

ERICATHERINE
11-14-2016, 08:43 PM
Less than 10 hours. ^v^

ERICATHERINE
11-14-2016, 11:24 PM
Less than 7 hours. ^v^

ERICATHERINE
11-15-2016, 01:37 AM
Less than 5 hours and a half.^v^

ERICATHERINE
11-15-2016, 03:52 AM
I just finnished watching an "ac bloodline movie", on youtube. Now all that is left for me to do is to wait until tomorrow. The walmart open it's doors for 8 : 00 hours in the morning. I'll put my clock, so it wakes me up for 7 : 15. Then, tomorrow, I'll take a walk to the walmart as soon as possible so I can buy the Ezio collection. I hoped someone would at least tell me if yes or no ac ascendance comes with it, but since neither the walmart, the bestbuy, the forum, ubisoft support or my long ans regular research telled me the answer, I'll go buy it.

This is my final update of the countdown before tomorrow, when I'll have returned with the Ezio collection.

Less than 2 : 30 hours to wait here, before tomorrow and less than around 10 hours to wait for me, until I prepare myself to go to walmart to buy it.

Let's all wish ubisoft will at the very least correct some bugs, like, for a quick exemple, this one ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTCqDnlm0l8

... which give us no choice, bu to lose at least 1 md conversation.

If I'm lucky, I'll get ac ascendance. If I'm very lucky, I'll be able to watch it in french. All I miss for a complete futur ac serie to be entirely in french, is to have that damn video in that language. Seriously. It's not even available in that language on youtube. I mean come on. Everything else that is important and ac related, may it be a bokk or a game is available in french and it's even the case for lineage and embers, and will surely also be the case for the ac movie, so why not also for ac ascendance. There is just no reason for that.

See you tomorrow on the forum, everyone.

^V^

Fatal-Feit
11-15-2016, 04:06 AM
I'm pretty excited to pick it up and WD2 tomorrow, but 10 a.m. is the earliest our GameStop opens, sadly. I might not even sleep. :p

I also have two of the same monitors right beside each other on my desk, so I can wait to compare the Ezio Collection (PS4) to the PC version first hand.

Barneyboy69
11-15-2016, 10:22 AM
I loved AC1. It was the very first game I played on PS3.

When you round the corner on arriving in Damascus for the first time, the graphical view blows you away.

Climbing the highest point in the game up the Cathedral spire in Acre felt scary. I tried to do a leap of faith but couldn't see a hay bale - dead and desynchronised!

If anything AC1 should be prioritised for remastering.

If you want to find the flags easier then do a search for a website called "The Hidden Blade". It offers perspective screenshots but you still have to recognise and line up landmarks because some of the flags are well hidden.

I have the original Bradygames guide too to fall back on which is invaluable.

Raytrek1979
11-15-2016, 11:05 AM
Cheers EriCatherine, lots of research and in depth journalism. I can't wait, little more than a day now. I have heard your original PS3 trophies don't synch so cool, we get to earn a bunch more trophies. And pretty sure all the dlc I've never played is with the standard package. But I have to drop one of my favorite quotes from Brotherhood before I go...

"Ezio Auditore, come in come in...or I'll kill you"

ERICATHERINE
11-15-2016, 04:16 PM
I just got the Ezio collection. It seems ac ascendance don't come with it, unfortunately. Oh well, too bad. It seems once more, ubisoft missed their big chance.

Also, I got 1 last bit of news for the Ezio collection. Some of you may remember that I already talked about a research I made about which language the videos would be. Well, the ubisoft support telled me that it was supposed to be in french, english and spanish, back then. Well, this morning they said the same answer, but also said they can also be watched in portuguese.

And now, if you'll excuse me, I'll go watch ac lineage. ^V^

ERICATHERINE
11-15-2016, 04:25 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IC-LS1VOlaw

ze_topazio
11-15-2016, 09:27 PM
The collection is getting an update to run at 4K on the PS4 Pro.

Fatal-Feit
11-16-2016, 02:34 AM
First impression and quick graphics synopsis for AC2:

Straight away, the game looks very good in person and it's actually a rad upgrade from the last-gen versions. 1080p with 4x MSAA clears up the image considerably, and while it's still 30fps, the frame rate seems to be at a good lock with no frame pacing issues or anything. The Vsync method doesn't provide any notable latency issues either. Unfortunately, no changes have been done for the pre-rendered cutscenes which looks weird considering the changes (among the reused quest images at the start of missions), but it's nothing immersion breaking. Or at least for me, having to get used to the disparity between pre-rendered cutscenes and the PC enhancements for years.

Anyway, I'll start with the positives:

1. Right off the bat, the change in atmosphere through the new lighting system is by far the best enhancement. They've done away with the custom filters for each location and replaced it with a new lighting system that adds more depth to the scenes and location. This was even noticeable in the modern day segments and it impressed me right away during my first 10 minutes of the game. The game still has the same stylistic aesthetic we all love, but it's more grounded and less artificial. Florence also looks more accurate to how the prequel short film, Lineage, portrayed it and I love that. I can't wait to visit Venice to compare that as well.

2. Bloom have been redone and perfected. One of the biggest issue with vanilla AC2 was how intrusive the bloom effect was, always to the point where I have to remove post-effects on PC, and I know many other players who has done the same as well. It was just very bad, making some scenes look too soft and bright, hurting our eyes, and nearly masking a lot of environment details with its abrasive glowing effect. The remastered version, however, seems to have addressed this issue entirely without compromising its stylistic appeal. Seriously, you can finally see out of the window of the MD hideout or admire the sun and moon in all of their glory. :p

3.The texture enhancements are very, VERY good, even coming from PC version. The trailers do not do it justice at all. The enhanced character models are great, they pop, and the environments have also gotten their share of fair improvements. I think some environment textures are actually new. They even gave Desmond a sick beard and corrected Lucy's fish lips, hehe. You really couldn't tell if some of the characters were enhanced until you've finally seen it in person.

4. Shadow resolution for the environments have been improved even beyond the PC version and that really surprised me! It's not completely sharp, but it's a great improvement that makes the environments look a lot less dated.

All in all, I'm quite impressed by these changes. AC2 still looks like AC2, of course, but these changes have gone and addressed a lot of the criticisms for the graphics and I respect the effort that had gone into it. However...it's unfortunately not all sunshine and rainbows. Among other problems; some minor and some big; some of these changes came with some caveats:

1. The new lighting system seems to be using only one light source and that can create some issues. It adds a new atmospheric effect to the locations that I highly prefer over the vanilla version, but it also removes individual light sources such as candles and lanterns, making cities look less vibrant and alive at night time. Someone brought this up earlier and now that I've noticed it, it does kind of break my immersion. It's also very weak indoors sometimes; every character and object just looks out of place, especially during cutscenes.

2. I like the enhanced textures, but not all textures were enhanced and some objects and details are strangely untouched. For example, when you meet Cristina and blow out the candle, why is that object not enhanced despite the camera zooming in on it? It's weird and the disparity in texture quality can be immersion breaking.

3. Like most console games, texture filtering is not very good. There's also lot of flickering and shimmering. Like, A LOT.

4. While I'm certain it's 4x MSAA, the AA is actually not that well implemented. It's not completely in your face, but there's a lots of jaggies in the environment and so while the image is considerably cleaner than the last-gen versions, it's eh if you're coming from PC.

5. 30fps. While the fps has a good lock, it's still just 30fps and that's just jarring for a game as old as AC2. From the trailer, I thought their implementation of motion blur would be stellar and sort of smooth the image for us, but it seems the same as vanilla.

6. Somehow, the map has the same choppy issue as the PC version, although thankfully not nearly as bad.

Not the best analysis, but that's the gist of it. I might update it if I find more stuff. This remaster isn't mind blowing, but it wasn't nearly as disappointing as I initially thought it would be judging by the trailers. It's a decent port with some effort put into it, and honestly, despite some areas being paired back from to the PC version, its exclusive enhancements are quite awesome and easily makes up for its shortcomings.

SkyeBurner
11-16-2016, 11:47 AM
If someone is playing on PS4, could you tell me if parkour is now mapped to the R2 button? It being mapped to R1 on PS3 really annoyed me.

CaptainSlow6969
11-16-2016, 04:10 PM
looking forward to playing this game again now i can play the dlc i could not play before :)

ERICATHERINE
11-16-2016, 10:23 PM
If someone is playing on PS4, could you tell me if parkour is now mapped to the R2 button? It being mapped to R1 on PS3 really annoyed me.

Everything the r1 button did one ps3, on ps4, it's now the r2 button that do it, and reverse. ^-^

SkyeBurner
11-17-2016, 01:38 AM
Everything the r1 button did one ps3, on ps4, it's now the r2 button that do it, and reverse. ^-^

Thanks for answering, so happy to hear that!

ERICATHERINE
11-17-2016, 05:15 PM
Thanks for answering, so happy to hear that!

You're welcome. ^-^

Aphex_Tim
11-18-2016, 07:31 AM
This isn't looking all too good though....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmnJvv-peF4

ERICATHERINE
11-18-2016, 06:41 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmnJvv-peF4

Like said in another thread, it's just some glitches. I played for many consecutive hours, for days and I still haven't found any glitch. It only looks bad because they are all together and in the same video that have for purpose to only show what's bad with the Ezio collection.

I've played with it for many hours now and so far, I think this version of ac 2 is way better than the ps3 one. ^-^

Aphex_Tim
11-19-2016, 08:48 AM
Good to know. I wasn't sure if getting this collection would be worth it or not and this seemed very discouraging.
Though indeed it seems like filtering out only the bad stuff for these videos still seems to be the "cool" thing to do. Just like with Unity two years ago.

ERICATHERINE
11-19-2016, 04:19 PM
Good to know. I wasn't sure if getting this collection would be worth it or not and this seemed very discouraging.
Though indeed it seems like filtering out only the bad stuff for these videos still seems to be the "cool" thing to do. Just like with Unity two years ago.

Indeed. ^-^

HIBEE12
11-19-2016, 08:41 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmnJvv-peF4 When a video is made to try and slate a game (especially a classic like this) I can't ever take it too seriously. I understand as to why they made it, but in doing so they (and many of the commentators below by the seems of it) are casting a bad shadow of the game and making it seem as if every copy has such bugs. It's likely the update wasn't even applied to game (forgive me if I'm wrong, but having installed the update myself I've witnessed none of the issues in this video.) What's more is that some of the comments on the video are rather unfair and ignorant (assuming many of them base their opinion on the game on this video alone) 'How can you make a game worse?' 'Cash grab' 'Well done Ubisoft' 'Serious downgrade'... Like seriously, this is one user's experience of the game, it doesn't speak for every copy, and it completely ignores how beautiful everything looks for the vast majority of others.

I know that not everyone may of had such a smooth experience as I have so far, and fully understand that some people want to be pre-warned about potential bugs before splashing their cash, but it just upsets me to see such bashing of the game already, with reactions as if it was Unity 2.0.

Anywaaaay, I believe that great work has been done with the trilogy and I'm having a blast playing through them again. Very very happy

HIBEE12
11-19-2016, 08:55 PM
I thought this was worth a share too. Captured through my PS4, it may not be the most beautiful screen available but to me it's special.https://s18.postimg.org/hvaj9vhnd/15069164_1163567340397102_543864850672677701_o.jpg I felt the nostalgia sweep through me as the music kicked in with the rays of light tunnelling all around. No I'm not crying, you are.

ERICATHERINE
11-19-2016, 10:55 PM
When a video is made to try and slate a game (especially a classic like this) I can't ever take it too seriously. I understand as to why they made it, but in doing so they (and many of the commentators below by the seems of it) are casting a bad shadow of the game and making it seem as if every copy has such bugs. It's likely the update wasn't even applied to game (forgive me if I'm wrong, but having installed the update myself I've witnessed none of the issues in this video.) What's more is that some of the comments on the video are rather unfair and ignorant (assuming many of them base their opinion on the game on this video alone) 'How can you make a game worse?' 'Cash grab' 'Well done Ubisoft' 'Serious downgrade'... Like seriously, this is one user's experience of the game, it doesn't speak for every copy, and it completely ignores how beautiful everything looks for the vast majority of others.

I know that not everyone may of had such a smooth experience as I have so far, and fully understand that some people want to be pre-warned about potential bugs before splashing their cash, but it just upsets me to see such bashing of the game already, with reactions as if it was Unity 2.0.

Anywaaaay, I believe that great work has been done with the trilogy and I'm having a blast playing through them again. Very very happy

This at 100%. ^-^

I thought this was worth a share too. Captured through my PS4, it may not be the most beautiful screen available but to me it's special.https://s18.postimg.org/hvaj9vhnd/15069164_1163567340397102_543864850672677701_o.jpg I felt the nostalgia sweep through me as the music kicked in with the rays of light tunnelling all around. No I'm not crying, you are.

I don't see your screen. Is it normal? ^-^

uggabugg
11-19-2016, 11:56 PM
i have been looking at waktroughs of the other games in the collection. it seems that they remastered the white gradient in brotherhood :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nct8gZR_218

it is even more visible now than in the original

ERICATHERINE
11-20-2016, 12:51 AM
i have been looking at waktroughs of the other games in the collection. it seems that they remastered the white gradient in brotherhood :(

Sorry, my first language is french, so I don't know, but what is the white gradient?

Wow. I just saw that my thread have passed the 5000 views. That's great considering the fact that my threads with more than 2000 views are pretty rare. Also, with my 2000th comment approaching, I think I'll probably make a thread for the occasion. I'm better start trying to find a subject. ^-^

uggabugg
11-20-2016, 01:00 PM
there is a semi transparent white texture on the top half of the screen. if you know it is there you can easily see it. it makes the game look washed out.

ERICATHERINE
11-20-2016, 06:59 PM
there is a semi transparent white texture on the top half of the screen. if you know it is there you can easily see it. it makes the game look washed out.

I never saw it before. Was it there in the last gen version? ^-^

Farlander1991
11-21-2016, 09:13 AM
What I find weird is that it seems that in general, while filters have been removed from AC2 and cities look amazing thanks to that, they seem to have kept the filters in ACB. Not sure why.

Aphex_Tim
11-21-2016, 09:35 AM
That always really bothered me in Brotherhood. It was distracting and seemed to serve no purpose whatsoever. At first I thought it might be a problem with my TV. Though it was only ever really apparent at the start of the game; it seemed to gradually disappear as the story went on.
Why they kept it in the remastered version is beyond me.

ERICATHERINE
11-22-2016, 07:15 PM
In ac 2, I'll probably finnish the game today. I need the treasure chests of the last zone of Venice, I still have a handful of things to buy in the cloth shop, to get a trophy, the next sequence is the one where we get the apple while fighting Rodrigo Borgia and I still need 9 more feathers.

Also, can anyone tell me how to get the trophy where we have to wear the Auditore cape, everywhere? It's the last trophy I'll need to get, but the that I would never get while playing normally, to get the platinum trophy. ^-^

ERICATHERINE
11-23-2016, 12:20 AM
Also, can anyone tell me how to get the trophy where we have to wear the Auditore cape, everywhere?

It's fine. I got the trophy. It seems my ps3 had that trophy bugged, which is not the case of the ps4 version. Also note that you don't have to go to Rome while wearing the cape to get the trophy. Right now for ac 2, my platinum trophy is assured. All I have to do is finnish the game. ^-^