PDA

View Full Version : GR won't run on Windows 2000

XyZspineZyX
10-26-2003, 11:34 AM
Just completed the installation of GR on W2K, but it keeps giving me the same error: Ghost Recon has generated errors and will be closed by Windows. Please restart the application.

Any help will be appreciated!

XyZspineZyX
10-26-2003, 11:34 AM
Just completed the installation of GR on W2K, but it keeps giving me the same error: Ghost Recon has generated errors and will be closed by Windows. Please restart the application.

Any help will be appreciated!

XyZspineZyX
10-26-2003, 12:53 PM
emostert,
I am assuming your computer meets the minimum requirements.

Minimum Reqs:
-CPU - Pentium II 450 MHz processor or equivalent
-Memory - 128 MB of RAM
-Operating System - Windows 9X/ME/2000/XP
-DirectX - DirectX 8.0 or higher (included on CD)
-Video Card - 16MB DirectX 8.0 compatible 3D card
-Drive Space - 1GB minimum hard drive space
-CD-ROM - 4X or better
-Sound Card - DirectX 8.0 compatible sound card
-Internet/Network - Properly configured TCP/IP connection at 28.8 KBPS or faster

If you meet the above, try the following:
GR Uninstall
<font size=-3><font color=grey>courtsey of snipe21 aka The South Australian Toot</font size></font color>
First of go to your add/remove program and uninstall GR/UBI and then follow below and delete the GR/UBI folders

1-start/all programs/accessories/windows explorer/my computer/local disk(c)/program files/red storm entertainment

2-start/all programs/accessories/windows explorer/my computer/local disk(c)/program files/UBI.com

To start from scratch uninstall all of GR and UBI and at your own risk do this but first back it up.

(1) start/run and type this: regedit and press ok

Up the top click file/export and on the pop up window down the bottom where it says (save as type) click the drop down arrow and click on ALL FILES. Then select your location and save.

repeat step (1)

1- hkey_current_user/software look for any red storm entertainment folders and delete along with any UBI soft folders

now do this:

2- hkey_local_machine/software look for red storm entertainment folders and delete along with any UBI soft and UBI soft entertainment folders and delete

now do this:

3- hkey_LocalMachine/ software/ Microsoft/ windows/ current version/ uninstall directory there should be a folder here named "{D89EF3B3-6F17-4665-B7A9-A4235A6DC787}" with some Ghost Recon info in it so delete only the ghost recon related info.

Now reinstall GR, with any anti-virus software turned off or disabled.After GR install turn your anti-virus software back on.
------------------------------------------
Other Possibilities:
Some CD-ROM drives will not install the game properly if their firmware is not up to date. Some CD-RW drives cannot read thru the copy protection on the GR disc
-------------------------------------------
If the above is of no value, post your dxdiag.
- 1. Go to start,run, type in dxdiag
- 2. Click on Save All Information, and save the file
- to your desktop.
- 3. Open the file in wordpad, and copy/paste it here.
- (guide brought to you by Sportsguy)

<font size=-3><font color=grey>Rust Never Sleeps</font size></font color>