PDA

View Full Version : Kill The King (game mode)

djb204
09-24-2016, 07:16 PM
Kill The King mode. 4v4 fighting along side their NPC minions. The first player to reach a certain amount of PvP kills becomes his team's king, and causes the other team to break. (No respawns). Now, the breaking team can either kill the king to win or lose by getting wiped out. A player on the breaking team can still become king by getting enough PvP kills. With both kings now on the battlefield, this would mean both teams would start to break.

Now here is where it gets interesting... Every time a king gets 1 PvP kill, his team gets 1 respawn. So kings are encouraged to continue fighting when their team is breaking instead of hiding to avoid death and losing, because they reward their teammates with an extra life when they kill.

VapeMasterSquad
09-24-2016, 08:18 PM
Kill The King mode. 4v4 fighting along side their NPC minions. The first player to reach a certain amount of PvP kills becomes his team's king, and causes the other team to break. (No respawns). Now, the breaking team can either kill the king to win or lose by getting wiped out. A player on the breaking team can still become king by getting enough PvP kills. With both kings now on the battlefield, this would mean both teams would start to break.

Now here is where it gets interesting... Every time a king gets 1 PvP kill, his team gets 1 respawn. So kings are encouraged to continue fighting when their team is breaking instead of hiding to avoid death and losing, because they reward their teammates with an extra life when they kill.
how do i get the alpha

ARCH777ANGEL
09-24-2016, 08:44 PM
I like this idea

yote224
09-25-2016, 03:19 AM
Thanks for being creative but I feel the shift in power is counter productive to being good.
Hear me out.
My team is doing great, we are clearly ahead in skill, we stomp the enemy team and spawn a king. Now, because we've done a good job we are at a disadvantage because now the enemy team ONLY HAS TO KILL 1 PLAYER meanwhile my team that has been doing a great job has to completely eliminate the remaining enemies.

It seems the meta would devolve into purposefully playing bad initially to feed the team into spawning a king and then sniping it for the win.

vbpreina
09-25-2016, 06:34 PM

Also thank you for your patients an think about cool new game modes. I like how the community tries to make the game better and that i am a part of this community.

I also think that this game mode could get some Problems. The Team which doen't have the King would hunt it down. The king runs away from them. But becouse all characters have the same Speed (exaption of the skill you could use) No one gets the king, and also no one gets his hunters. So in conclusion every one runs in cyrcles becouse the Team want to kill the king and doen't want to get killed.

I think thats not funny as all. Sorry man.

djb204
09-25-2016, 07:06 PM
What if the King had some type of extra perk or advantage over the other heroes? What he was stronger and faster then regular heroes? What if the king did more damage? What if it was better strategy to spawn your own king and have him fight the enemy king because he stood the best chance? SOLVED

NotMacgyver
09-25-2016, 10:40 PM
Thanks for being creative but I feel the shift in power is counter productive to being good.
Hear me out.
My team is doing great, we are clearly ahead in skill, we stomp the enemy team and spawn a king. Now, because we've done a good job we are at a disadvantage because now the enemy team ONLY HAS TO KILL 1 PLAYER meanwhile my team that has been doing a great job has to completely eliminate the remaining enemies.

It seems the meta would devolve into purposefully playing bad initially to feed the team into spawning a king and then sniping it for the win.

Then what if the king is killed the team that killed him just stops being in breaking instead so as to allow the losing team a way to fight back...say they kill the king and won't enter breaking again until a new king appears(on a timer or something)

Or

The team that is breaking is the one that has the "king" appear and he is the only one the enemy team has to kill while the other players can respawn as usual though this will lead to the player that is the king getting ganged up on but that might happen regardless of what the king actually does

djb204
09-26-2016, 12:53 AM
Then what if the king is killed the team that killed him just stops being in breaking instead so as to allow the losing team a way to fight back...say they kill the king and won't enter breaking again until a new king appears(on a timer or something)

I like this alternative idea. It completely fixes the disagreement issues posted above. The title Kill The King still holds true. First player that reaches a certain amount of PvP kills becomes king causing the other team to break. The breaking team can kill the king to end the Break. The game ends when one team spawns a king and kills all the enemy. It would be interesting to see two teams breaking at the same time. Would you defend your king to keep the enemy team in breaking state? or would you go after the enemy king to bring your team out of a breaking state? This would be awesome.

Fidget2424
09-26-2016, 10:13 PM
Not bad ideas at all, I think this would be a cool game mode with a few more tweaks!

Here's some ideas:

-when the king is not in play

1. The first player to 4 PVP kills becomes the king.

2. Any players killed by a team without a king are respawned.

3. Once someone becomes king, all tallies are reset back to zero. And may only be increased again, once there is no longer a king on the team.

-when the king is in play

1. Any player on the opposing team of a king who is killed, is permanently dead (with one exception explained later). Even if the team later loses their king.

2. The ONLY way a player can be brought back into the game after this, is if he is REVIVED BY HIS OWN KING. (This cannot happen if the player was killed using an execution or a ring out).

-Rules for the King

1. Any player that becomes the king is given increased speed, strength, and health. As well as a crown indicator above their head to identify them.

2. The king can either revive fallen teammates (who have not been executed, or thrown out of the ring), OR can respawn one ally (regardless of how they were killed) for every opposing team member he kills (by his own hands).

3. (NOW THIS is a big one) Any player who is currently the king CANNOT RECOVER HEALTH in a captured point. Their subordinates can, but they CANNOT. (This will create a tense risk reward relationship around capturing, holding, and leaving points held by teams on the map).

4. If a player who is king is killed, they are no longer king. The same rules of death that apply to everyone else apply here as well.

EothK
09-28-2016, 06:49 AM
Great ideas. How about this;

Players get to be king after 3 kills. But both sides can have a king instead of just one side.

The king has 2x health and all his feats enabled while the normal heroes have none. This makes king stronger. He can recharge his health by killing mobs.

But King can only die once the rest can respawn infinitely. When the king dies the team goes into break.
When whole opposing team dies its a win

Razor__Fox
09-28-2016, 11:09 AM
It sounds interesting, but whats to stop the "king" running off and hiding, leaving the other team in breaking? It seems like it could be easily cheesed.

djb204
09-28-2016, 04:06 PM
I agree. The king would just run off without any incentive to stay and fight. The King's kills need to be important to his team to encourage him to continue fighting. This is why 1 kill by the king should give his team 1 respawn. The amount of kills needed to become king needs to be more than 3 to ensure that the chosen king is the most effective player on the battlefield. That way we won't have unskilled players in such an important role.

Slumbering_Crow
09-28-2016, 10:00 PM
The way I see it, it is the team who is breaking that should get the king. The best player on the team that is breaking becomes king, and you win by killing him. Other players on the breaking team can still respawn, but should receive some form of disadvantage. Something like increased spawn time, + 6 seconds due to breaking for instance.

What's more, I think the king should receive buffs to defense and offense (which makes sense because kings can afford the best gear available), but they should get a running speed debuff to keep them from constantly running around, waiting for their team to respawn. Maybe the king just ain't into cardio training, or his gear is heavier or something.

djb204
09-29-2016, 07:53 AM
The way I see it, it is the team who is breaking that should get the king. The best player on the team that is breaking becomes king, and you win by killing him. Other players on the breaking team can still respawn, but should receive some form of disadvantage. Something like increased spawn time, + 6 seconds due to breaking for instance.

What's more, I think the king should receive buffs to defense and offense (which makes sense because kings can afford the best gear available), but they should get a running speed debuff to keep them from constantly running around, waiting for their team to respawn. Maybe the king just ain't into cardio training, or his gear is heavier or something.

The King would just stay at his team's spawn location. Everything would be at his advantage there.

- His teammates would spawn right beside him. So he will have all his allies right beside him asap.

- His enemies would spawn on the other side of the map at their own spawn location, so the king would use that fact to their advantage.

What if 3 of the 4 players trying to kill the king at his teams spawn location all die? it would leave just 1 lonewolf player by himself in enemy territory. What if this 1 lonewolf player manages to kill one of his attackers in self-defence, and that 1 kill made him the king for his team? He would be surrounded by 3 enemies. Actually 4 enemies due to the 4th player spawning back in a few seconds later. The lonewolf King's teammates would be running from their own spawn trying to get to him before he dies. (which is pretty much a guarantee)