PDA

View Full Version : Ubisoft, can you be tolerant in not only negative ways?

UlfhednaR_BEAST
09-24-2016, 04:41 PM
Ubisoft is one hell of an tolerant company and sometimes it goes beyond the frame little bit too much.

1. They said they don't want to be focused on blood. It's okay? Okay.
2. Each faction has a woman character. It's okay? Okay.
3. Each warrior has a gender selection for multiplayer (i guess...). It's okay? Oh, okay. But why then they presented classes with a gender-lock in the first place? -_- This is where it gets little bit too much.
4. Each warrior has a skin-collor selection for multiplayer (i guess...). It's okay? Damn... WHERE. DO YOU. SEEN. A VIKING WARRIOR. WITH THE AFRICAN COLOR OF SKIN? You know that it's not about racism or another stupid mind-locks of yours. It's about authenticity. I know this is a fantasy game, yes. I know. Witcher 3 is a fantasy too and it's still paid much respect to northern mythology.

But anyway, my only concern is about the narrative. They can create an epic story, if they will not go deep into the tolerance and make it looks deceitful.

djb204
09-24-2016, 11:45 PM
They raided and plundered the village of another race, and came across a now orphaned child and raised him as one of their own?

It's a common plot line in many war stories and movies. The movie Pathfinder is about a Viking raised by a native tribe.

wethebishop
09-25-2016, 01:16 AM
Deceitful? Have you seen the trailers? Do you know the basis of this story? Why aren't you complaining about that?

I don't see how allowing players to select gender and color in multiplayer will affect the narrative.

UlfhednaR_BEAST
09-25-2016, 10:56 AM
Deceitful? Have you seen the trailers? Do you know the basis of this story? Why aren't you complaining about that?

I don't see how allowing players to select gender and color in multiplayer will affect the narrative.

you didn't understand me. I did not said that multiplayer african viking will affect the story. For now, everything what i've seen about the narrative looks awesome. However, i know that one of the main Viking heroes is female Raider character in the story... but they said that you would be free to change gender, so i'm not sure about that. Maybe you will be able to choose gender in the begining of the campain.

UlfhednaR_BEAST
09-25-2016, 11:01 AM
They raided and plundered the village of another race, and came across a now orphaned child and raised him as one of their own?

It's a common plot line in many war stories and movies. The movie Pathfinder is about a Viking raised by a native tribe.

oh... Pathfinder? Really? No, really? Are you serious?:confused: oh, damn... in the world where "Vikings" tv series is exist, why, why you still learning their culture from garbage films like this one? No offense, bro, just saying. Like i said, even in Witcher 3 you can learn a lot about the Viking age and their mythology.

coma987
09-25-2016, 12:08 PM
you didn't understand me. I did not said that multiplayer african viking will affect the story. For now, everything what i've seen about the narrative looks awesome. However, i know that one of the main Viking heroes is female Raider character in the story... but they said that you would be free to change gender, so i'm not sure about that. Maybe you will be able to choose gender in the begining of the campain.

Literally in the knight campaign mission we seen that you could select your gender. U are making a big deal out of nothing.

UlfhednaR_BEAST
09-25-2016, 01:27 PM
Literally in the knight campaign mission we seen that you could select your gender. U are making a big deal out of nothing.

ok then. You have reduced my worries about singleplayer.

Vakris_One
09-25-2016, 06:24 PM
I don't see the problem. OP, what exactly do you find problematic? That you can play as a black Viking?

UlfhednaR_BEAST
09-25-2016, 08:38 PM
I don't see the problem. OP, what exactly do you find problematic? That you can play as a black Viking?

oh...

NotMacgyver
09-25-2016, 10:35 PM
What if it's sunny in these new lands the vikings find themselves in and thus have developed a darker skin colour to cope with the new environment?
What if the vikings paint their bodies dark to be harder to spot for night raids?
What if there was a shortage of "true" vikings and the clans had to supplement their fighting force with a darker race of humans that live in this new place?

What if players just like choice?

I fail to see a problem with a fictional universe having fictional dark skinned vikings, knights, or samurai and giving player choices is only bad when it clashes with the universe in which it is set.

Vakris_One
09-26-2016, 01:16 AM
oh...
Ah...

http://static2.fjcdn.com/thumbnails/comments/5337697+_c88d15870dc3b296d3353382fe27caca.jpg

UlfhednaR_BEAST
09-26-2016, 01:43 AM
What if it's sunny in these new lands the vikings find themselves in and thus have developed a darker skin colour to cope with the new environment?
What if the vikings paint their bodies dark to be harder to spot for night raids?
What if there was a shortage of "true" vikings and the clans had to supplement their fighting force with a darker race of humans that live in this new place?

You just devised a narrative about vikings by level of movie "Pathfinder".

I fail to see a problem with a fictional universe having fictional dark skinned vikings, knights, or samurai and giving player choices is only bad when it clashes with the universe in which it is set.

Everything has limits. They using the real warrior names, after all, like Vikings, Samurai or Knights. So, they want to get attention of audiences of each faction, obviously. So they need to make it authentically. But, as long as they keep assure that every player will be capable to choose gender, skin-color or what the hell not in the singleplayer, i will be patient. However, my opinion is straight negative about this. And your opinion has been heard.

p.s. Vakris_One, no need to be an offensive person in this thread.

Vakris_One
09-26-2016, 03:09 AM
p.s. Vakris_One, no need to be an offensive person in this thread.
Perhaps check your forum name before accusing someone else of being offensive. "Jihad" is not exactly a term used by peace loving Smurfs.

You've yet to answer my perfectly reasonable question of what specifically you find issue with. Your reply of "oh..." leads me to believe you are fishing for certain reactions. If I am mistaken then I do apologise.

Honorhound01
09-26-2016, 08:10 AM

What if players just like choice?

Well said. The Vikings in the For Honor universe have been living for a very long time in different circumstances than their real world compatriots. Considering how much time has passed I would almost imagine them being even more different.

waraidako
09-26-2016, 10:28 AM
In this world these three factions have been fighting for 1000 years. As far as we know, these are the only cultures left.
Anyone from a different culture would have had to integrate into viking, knight, or samurai society. It makese perfect sense that there'd be all kinds of people represented.

Where else would all the other races be? They would have to look at these three factions and decide which one they're going to align with, and then they'd go to the vikings or knights or samurai and go "Hey guys, can I be part of your gang from now on?" and that faction would go "Sure thing, the more warriors we have the better our chances at winning this war."

UlfhednaR_BEAST
09-26-2016, 12:31 PM
Perhaps check your forum name before accusing someone else of being offensive. "Jihad" is not exactly a term used by peace loving Smurfs.

Obviously, you don't know much about jihad, trying to bite me on this. If you want me to describe my nickname for you - i can do it in private message, or separate forum, but not in this thread.

You've yet to answer my perfectly reasonable question of what specifically you find issue with. Your reply of "oh..." leads me to believe you are fishing for certain reactions. If I am mistaken then I do apologise.

ok, i will answer. I'm not worry about playing as viking with african skin, cause i will be able to choose for myself. I'm worry about seeing my random teammates and enemies playing as vikings with african skin - i simply will not believe in what i see. Authenticity, as i said.

I see that you all feel completely comfortable with this. I'm glad for you. You can imagine all the things you want, i do it myself most of the times playing games. But i bet there will be no explanation for this - it's rather be just a point in Ubisoft publisher-wishes list.

buff_Nobushi
09-26-2016, 07:00 PM
ok, i will answer. I'm not worry about playing as viking with african skin, cause i will be able to choose for myself. I'm worry about seeing my random teammates and enemies playing as vikings with african skin - i simply will not believe in what i see. Authenticity, as i said.

So everything's fine if you can choose what you what? But if someone else chooses something they like but you don't, Ubisoft tries to make them look good or what?
That ain't making much sense, my pal.

Father_Giliam
09-26-2016, 07:36 PM

I see that you all feel completely comfortable with this. I'm glad for you. You can imagine all the things you want, i do it myself most of the times playing games. But i bet there will be no explanation for this - it's rather be just a point in Ubisoft publisher-wishes list.

Authenticity? Again as others have mentioned, have you read the premise of the game? The only thing they intend to stay somewhat true to is the weaponry/armor which still isn't entirely authentic, as Vikings didnt run around in only leather armor, mail was a thing. Also, the fact that the Knights havent entirely won the war would be ridiculous. As seen on the Lawbringer, they have access to full plate armor dating from the Late Middle Ages. This places their advancement far past the other two factions. Even Knights of their era had trouble fighting each other due to the armor. Swords were rendered nearly useless unless used in the Half-Sword or Murder-Blow.

UlfhednaR_BEAST
09-26-2016, 11:12 PM
So everything's fine if you can choose what you what? But if someone else chooses something they like but you don't, Ubisoft tries to make them look good or what?

I feel like you want to call me a racist.

UlfhednaR_BEAST
09-26-2016, 11:14 PM
Authenticity? Again as others have mentioned, have you read the premise of the game? The only thing they intend to stay somewhat true to is the weaponry/armor which still isn't entirely authentic, as Vikings didnt run around in only leather armor, mail was a thing. Also, the fact that the Knights havent entirely won the war would be ridiculous. As seen on the Lawbringer, they have access to full plate armor dating from the Late Middle Ages. This places their advancement far past the other two factions. Even Knights of their era had trouble fighting each other due to the armor. Swords were rendered nearly useless unless used in the Half-Sword or Murder-Blow.

Okay.

UlfhednaR_BEAST
09-26-2016, 11:31 PM

I talk about things that you see. I will give an example: a lot of moralists and etc called CD Project RED a racists, and the Witcher 3 because there was no black people in it. In Slavic fantasy, damn... I should have to name the topic as "the ratio of people who are fond of Northern culture and who can say something about this", cause you don't know nothing you talking about and still trying to prove me that i am the wrong one.

wethebishop
09-26-2016, 11:48 PM
I'm sorry that it makes you uncomfortable, but don't you think this is a nonissue?

Also, I don't recall anyone using the word racist until you did.

UlfhednaR_BEAST
09-27-2016, 08:23 AM
Also, I don't recall anyone using the word racist until you did.

i just vocalized your thought, man.

Roy_McDunno
09-27-2016, 11:18 AM
Aw man, all these guys always trying to make some kind of drama.

https://picload.org/image/pgcdorl/alkvd6v_460sa.gif
And if there's no drama, they make a drama because there's none...

UlfhednaR_BEAST
09-27-2016, 01:18 PM
Aw man, all these guys always trying to make some kind of drama.

https://picload.org/image/pgcdorl/alkvd6v_460sa.gif
And if there's no drama, they make a drama because there's none...

:D damn, but there is )

iHunny
09-27-2016, 05:29 PM
You are making it a issue of a none issue. Sorry if you going to disturbed by black vikings but get over it.

wethebishop
09-27-2016, 10:21 PM
i just vocalized your thought, man.

My thought? Your original reply wasn't even to me. You should read who you're replying to.

This is the first time I've ever seen anyone want to be called racist. You must think being called this will help your position, or maybe that's the sort of rhetoric you were expecting against your position, but nobody here has called you racist for your position. That's a fact. It has nothing to do with the arguments for or against these options.

Close to everything about this game is unrealistic. Why would you remove cosmetic customization options that are already in the game?

UlfhednaR_BEAST
09-28-2016, 10:49 AM
My thought? Your original reply wasn't even to me. You should read who you're replying to.

I knew it, believe me. But i found no difference in between, that's why my second reply was adressed to you.

This is the first time I've ever seen anyone want to be called racist. You must think being called this will help your position, or maybe that's the sort of rhetoric you were expecting against your position, but nobody here has called you racist for your position. That's a fact. It has nothing to do with the arguments for or against these options.

okay. Feel like you honest person.

Close to everything about this game is unrealistic. Why would you remove cosmetic customization options that are already in the game?

sorry, but we talking about reality? Vikings existed so long ago that they themselves might be unrealistic! Authenticity, i said... authenticity. Everything has limits.

UlfhednaR_BEAST
09-28-2016, 10:52 AM
You are making it a issue of a none issue. Sorry if you going to disturbed by black vikings but get over it.

Sorry if i hurt your feelings. This thread doesn't meant to be an offensive for african race or anyone else.