PDA

View Full Version : Ranking system and clans?

WashedByB1ood
09-21-2016, 11:27 PM
Any news on a ranking system or clan system? I'm sure with a game like this there will be, hopefully, but I haven't seen it heard anything about this topic

ZechsMarquizy
09-22-2016, 08:15 AM
Any news on a ranking system or clan system? I'm sure with a game like this there will be, hopefully, but I haven't seen it heard anything about this topic

To be honest, unless we get Dedicated servers, I hope they never try to add a real competitive mode. Will be to easy to manipulate and cheat with a p2p system.. Just my opinion tho..

Dez_troi_aR
09-22-2016, 11:02 AM

Good Question.
I hope there will be ranking and clan systems. Ranking makes the whole experience more enjoyable for everyone and increases the overall skill level. Clan system (ingame) keeps people attached to the game and builds a better, bigger and more dedicated community, that will follow potential esports events etc.
But sadly i havent heard of anything regarding clans or ladders.

I know everyone is clenching his/her fist theese days, swearing this/that/whatever will break the game and banish it into the deepest pit of hell.... but in my humble opinion, the gameplay looks so neat that the only thing that can threaten the games sucess is not giving the pvp the right frame.

To be honest, unless we get Dedicated servers, I hope they never try to add a real competitive mode. Will be to easy to manipulate and cheat with a p2p system.. Just my opinion tho..

You mean because people would just disconnect instead of loosing ? That would indeed be frustrating for someone trying to rise up in ranks.

WashedByB1ood
09-22-2016, 03:55 PM
I completely agree! The only issue I've found with the game personally I'd not having dedicated servers. The alpha ran better than any alpha I've seen gameplay is beautiful smooth and fun. And despite what a lot of people may think I think it's been very well balanced between the classes. It's extremely skill based and this is the most fun I've had in a long time. Hoping to get my team together and rise to the top of they add clans/ranking.

Critzors
09-25-2016, 08:33 PM

A competitive mode wouldn't initiate cheating, but it would encourage more people to do it. Even without a competitive mode and p2p non-dedicated servers people will still find a way to cheat. Look at counterstrike, their cheating problem is massive but their competitive scene is growing immensely. So I definitely still hope ranking systems will get incorporated into the game.

WashedByB1ood
09-26-2016, 03:52 PM
My main concern isn't just cheating but also how many times the game will crash or have to reset mid match. Ruins the game for me. With a game s competitive and skill based as this i don't see how they couldn't add a ranking system and least for a couple game modes anyhow. Would love to see a tournament style or even king of the hill style game mode as well. With those waiting to duel being able to spectate.