PDA

View Full Version : Online Connection Required?

djb204
09-21-2016, 07:38 PM
Will this game require an online connection like Ubisofts other game The Division? Or will I be able to play Dominion mode offline with bots?

I would think the campaign wouldn't require an online connection, but the multiplayer modes like 1v1, 2v2, etc. Can I play those offline with bots or split screen?

iHunny
09-21-2016, 08:03 PM
I hope you will be able to, but in this age, who knows.

djb204
09-21-2016, 08:09 PM
I hope you will be able to, but in this age, who knows.

Another feature that many would enjoy is LAN support, aka System Link. Being able to link PCs or consoles over a home network and play these multiplayer modes offline with friends under one roof. Some of my best gaming memories are of weekend LAN parties with friends. Drinks and pizza with some good ol' fashion PvP. This game would be perfect for that type of experience. The best part is... ZERO NETWORK ISSUES.

DBLxxShotz
09-22-2016, 08:53 PM
I hope UBi doesnt screw it up and make this game online only. I hope im able to duel vs the AI offline when i dont feel like being online or my internet is down. Please UBI dont screw this up!!!!!!!

djb204
09-28-2016, 04:34 PM
I agree. Sometimes the internet goes down, sometimes it's PSN or Xbox Live. Also, if Ubisofts other game (The Division) is anything to go by, they do a lot of server maintenance. That sucks with The Division. Even the For Honor Closed Alpha needed to connect to servers when we first launched it. Otherwise we couldn't even play against bots. This is what scares me about For Honor.

DBLxxShotz
09-28-2016, 04:49 PM
I agree. Sometimes the internet goes down, sometimes it's PSN or Xbox Live. Also, if Ubisofts other game (The Division) is anything to go by, they do a lot of server maintenance. That sucks with The Division. Even the For Honor Closed Alpha needed to connect to servers when we first launched it. Otherwise we couldn't even play against bots. This is what scares me about For Honor.

Its the same bs with Rainbow 6. You have to connect to the servers to play anything. I really like For Honor but my excitement is tempered by the fact it is UBI SOFT and they always manage to screw things up. This is why i havent reserved and likely wont until i know more.

djb204
09-29-2016, 05:27 PM
Its the same bs with Rainbow 6. You have to connect to the servers to play anything. I really like For Honor but my excitement is tempered by the fact it is UBI SOFT and they always manage to screw things up. This is why i havent reserved and likely wont until i know more.

Exactly. I haven't pre-ordered either. They messed up The Division, and Siege requires an online connection which is why I don't play it. For Honor looks good, but all this online only crap is BS.

My brother and a few of my friends don't have Internet. Do I tell them NOT to get this?