PDA

View Full Version : Fractions War events



UlfhednaR_BEAST
09-20-2016, 12:09 PM
I think, devs of Mortal Kombat X did the same thing i want to suggest, so, it's not new and i even wonder if you already have thoughts of that. Anyway, my view: 3 fractions gotta earn some daily rewards, be succesful as they can on the battlefield and try to bring their sides to the top of some "Fractions War" score-board, for what they will earn a rewards as well.

p.s. ofcourse, i'm very hyped about fraction vs. fraction mode ^^ with locks on fraction heroes and legit minions of each side.

FatSpriderman
09-21-2016, 01:45 PM
Should take a note from MAG in that fashion I'd say, would definitely be cool to see the mechanic come back

Dez_troi_aR
09-21-2016, 02:03 PM
I would be very happy to see such a gamemode.
The Faction vs. Faction aspect should get more attention. Critics of the idea have stated their concerns that it might split the player base if there are different modes, one with factions and one without. A split could be avoided by making the factional battles into special events, like the iron banner pvp in destiny.

FatSpriderman
09-21-2016, 03:27 PM
Dear god no. Just have it as a regular thing, Iron Banner being cycled (ans assuming other special events as such) was horrible and definitely not tended to (the events in general.) like they should've been. I would rather just have special events regarding certain factions and/or just a persistent Faction vs Faction (vs Faction?) mode(s) that are additional to the existing 3 rather than a "here's some candy for the people that enjoy it this way but only temporarily" thing. It's like SRL and Mayhem from Destiny, it's wasted space and data for something that is only visited once or rarely especially when that same data could've been used for something more substantial to the game. If they added a rotating event I'd rather it be like Rumble from Halo where its weird stuff, for the game anyway, that gets changed on a regular schedule. Like say have a week of a ctf mode that cycles with Honor Ball (totally not rocket league) and solo/team survival, or what have you. Not something that imo should already be a big part of the game based simply on lore (being faction lock modes)

edit: when I say events I mean like for <time> Samurai gain extra xp or damage or etc. Maybe been community events like the faction with the most wins until <time> gets new cosmetics or temporary bonus items

UlfhednaR_BEAST
09-22-2016, 01:31 PM
Major part of my idea is global weekly events equivalent for all three factions as they just should go struggle for victory in faction vs. faction matches. And only as addition to competetive goal, a daily events for each faction, such as "execute 5 enemies in 1 match; kill 5 enemies in a row; prevent execution of your teammates 2 times; conquer your enemies in 1vs2 position" and etc.

Frostlord_Nixon
09-23-2016, 03:34 PM
While I think the idea could be interesting there are some problems depending on how it is done. The biggest problem I can see is a drastic numbers mismatch (i.e. the samurai having 60% player base while the vikings and knights split the remaining 40%). This is just speculation, but if one side has vastly more players supporting it then the other sides will never win. This usually causes gamers to change faction and flock to whoever has the most to guarantee a win, while a few dedicated faction loyalists suffer endlessly. Even though Tom Clancy's EndWar did this in a way I'm sure you don't intend for this game, Theater of War suffered this exact problem. The faction with the most players won the war almost all the time and whenever a large player base jumped ship to another faction, everyone followed. If we could get around this issue it might work out, but for me, this is a big problem that would ruin such a game mode for fans of whatever the less popular faction ends up being.

UlfhednaR_BEAST
09-25-2016, 09:13 AM
While I think the idea could be interesting there are some problems depending on how it is done. The biggest problem I can see is a drastic numbers mismatch (i.e. the samurai having 60% player base while the vikings and knights split the remaining 40%). This is just speculation, but if one side has vastly more players supporting it then the other sides will never win. This usually causes gamers to change faction and flock to whoever has the most to guarantee a win, while a few dedicated faction loyalists suffer endlessly. Even though Tom Clancy's EndWar did this in a way I'm sure you don't intend for this game, Theater of War suffered this exact problem. The faction with the most players won the war almost all the time and whenever a large player base jumped ship to another faction, everyone followed. If we could get around this issue it might work out, but for me, this is a big problem that would ruin such a game mode for fans of whatever the less popular faction ends up being.

damn, you right. I don't thought about that. Probably, the same s**t happens with MKX, though. :( It's obviously hard to find a way out of this. But, atleast, i hope that they will give us a faction vs. faction mode, where we could just feel authenticity, cause we are authetic-addicts. xD Speaking of viking fans. :P

AliceTheSilent
09-25-2016, 09:23 AM
Should take a note from MAG in that fashion I'd say, would definitely be cool to see the mechanic come back

However, it's also what killed MAG. If they do add a faction war system, it will have to be balanced VERY carefully.

Frostlord_Nixon
09-25-2016, 05:19 PM
damn, you right. I don't thought about that. Probably, the same s**t happens with MKX, though. :( It's obviously hard to find a way out of this. But, atleast, i hope that they will give us a faction vs. faction mode, where we could just feel authenticity, cause we are authetic-addicts. xD Speaking of viking fans. :P

Yeah, I would like a faction mode, but I personally do not know of a way around this problem. If they can figure one out, then more power to it.

buff_Nobushi
09-28-2016, 09:22 PM
What about this:
You're able to participate in faction vs. faction events/gamemode(s) but it does only affect the faction rank a certain amount of rounds.
And it changes if the leading faction changes.
What I mean:
Samurai are 1st place, samurai players only affect the rank once per day.
Vikings are 2nd place, viking players only affect the rank twice per day.
And so on.
(Of course you could still play faction vs. faction but that'd be only for gear or xp and such)