PDA

View Full Version : Orochi/Berserker Deflect suggested change

gallow89
09-20-2016, 11:11 AM
I think that deflect should be an unsafe option with its own animation, which when whiffed can be punished. As it stands, deflect is low risk, and high reward (guaranteed damage plus advantage frames) right now. Many players are of the opinion that Orochi are fairly OP. I've won games with them and defeated them, however their deflect changes the neutral somewhat. The fact that they can make any attack unsafe and deflect on reaction (even when feints are included) puts the opponent into situation in which they must set up a guard break, and if they aren't attacking as much, then the Orochi must do the same or just throw out attacks which they don't have to worry about being deflected, changing the game drastically and arguably making it more boring. If an Orochi sees an attack coming, they can tap the direction, and in many cases if they mistime it the can still block or even go for the deflect again. If a deflect attempt is unsafe, then they still have the ability to counter attack using skill, but the reward is balanced out with additional risk, as if the opponent feints they may be tricked and be open to an attack themselves.

Venyewra
09-20-2016, 04:25 PM
Because parries are a thing, any attack is unsafe against any class. It's just slightly easier to punish random attacks as orochi or berserker

Yggdrasil_67
09-20-2016, 07:38 PM
I think it's mostly fine but the Orochi's light counter definitely needs some changes. Maybe make it sower or blockable, or even remove it outright and just have the heavy variant.