PDA

View Full Version : Obligatory "When is AC Empire going to be announced?" thread

dimbismp
09-20-2016, 02:56 AM
Hey guys.I had a long time off these forums,but recently i got back and posted a couple of times.

The Ezio collection seems underwhelming,but it reminded me why i fell in love with AC and why these games were by far my main gaming interest of the previous gen.

Anyway,back on topic.I used to make these kind of threads for ACU and ACS,so i figured "Why not?".So,let's look at some facts:

AC "Empire",or whatever the real name will be,is rumored to going to be released in 2017.As nothing has been officially revealed yet and as most AC games were released in October/November,it's a safe bet that ACE will also release during that time period.We all know that Ubi is very strict with their timelines(often resulting in disappointing results *cough* Unity *cough*).So,unless we get a delay(or even a complete cancellation god forbid),Empire will release in about a year from now.

Another fact is that the anticipated AC movie releases this December.This means that Ubi will probably want to focus all the AC hype towards the movie,rather than announcing a new game.Which means that ACE won't be revealed at least until a reasonable amount of time has passed after the movie's release(it would be a little bit too soon anyway).

These two points basically leave us with a time frame of ,let's say, January to E3 2017.

Whether AC empire gets announced early on (Jan-Feb) or close to E3 has to do with the game's marketing.Ubi chose a "near E3" announcement of both ACU and ACS,while earlier games were announced earlier.

If Ubi wants to market ACE as the "definitive,next-gen,back to the roots/kinda a reboot" experience,then i can see them revealing it as early as possible and hyping it as much as they can(AC3/ACU style).

However,it can't be denied that,despite the upcoming movie,the brand's popularity among both the hardcore and the casual fans is nowhere near the levels it was back in 2012 or even 2014.In other words,maybe Ubi has decided that AC shouldn't be their flagship franchise anymore,thus marketing the game fairly little,thus revealing towards E3(ACS/ACRo style).

So,this is my take on the subject.What's your opinion?Vote in the poll above.

ERICATHERINE
09-20-2016, 03:12 AM
Hey guys.I had a long time off these forums,but recently i got back and posted a couple of times.

The Ezio collection seems underwhelming,but it reminded me why i fell in love with AC and why these games were by far my main gaming interest of the previous gen.

Anyway,back on topic.I used to make these kind of threads for ACU and ACS,so i figured "Why not?".So,let's look at some facts:

AC "Empire",or whatever the real name will be,is rumored to going to be released in 2017.As nothing has been officially revealed yet and as most AC games were released in October/November,it's a safe bet that ACE will also release during that time period.We all know that Ubi is very strict with their timelines(often resulting in disappointing results *cough* Unity *cough*).So,unless we get a delay(or even a complete cancellation god forbid),Empire will release in about a year from now.

Another fact is that the anticipated AC movie releases this December.This means that Ubi will probably want to focus all the AC hype towards the movie,rather than announcing a new game.Which means that ACE won't be revealed at least until a reasonable amount of time has passed after the movie's release(it would be a little bit too soon anyway).

These two points basically leave us with a time frame of ,let's say, January to E3 2017.

Whether AC empire gets announced early on (Jan-Feb) or close to E3 has to do with the game's marketing.Ubi chose a "near E3" announcement of both ACU and ACS,while earlier games were announced earlier.

If Ubi wants to market ACE as the "definitive,next-gen,back to the roots/kinda a reboot" experience,then i can see them revealing it as early as possible and hyping it as much as they can(AC3/ACU style).

However,it can't be denied that,despite the upcoming movie,the brand's popularity among both the hardcore and the casual fans is nowhere near the levels it was back in 2012 or even 2014.In other words,maybe Ubi has decided that AC shouldn't be their flagship franchise anymore,thus marketing the game fairly little,thus revealing towards E3(ACS/ACRo style).

So,this is my take on the subject.What's your opinion?Vote in the poll above.

I voted for 2016, but not because I think it will be revealed this year. I voted for it because from all the ones that I think are possible, it's choice I hope the most will happen.

In 2016 there is the possibility of a teaser coming at the movie, while it will be in theaters. So, considering the fact that the movie will first be watchable this December, I'd say IF it happen in 2016, that's when it will happen.

Edit. Just a quick question. Why "obligatory"? ^-^

The4orTy67
09-20-2016, 06:12 AM
You should ask yourself if it will 'leak' this year.

ERICATHERINE
09-20-2016, 07:18 AM
You should ask yourself if it will 'leak' this year.

That's what I did, but like everyone. I can't know for certain. In these cases, I always restrict myself to the same rule. Don't tell an info to someone as long as you're not sure at 100% that this info is true. So, instead I said what I hope will happen, that can actually happen. ^-^

LoyalACFan
09-20-2016, 08:21 AM
Slow dribble of leaks starting in Feb/Mar, leading up to the formal gameplay reveal at E3.

It's definitely not gonna be in 2016, they're too focused on selling Watchdogs and Steep.

ERICATHERINE
09-20-2016, 10:40 AM
It's definitely not gonna be in 2016, they're too focused on selling Watchdogs and Steep.

And that's my cue to reminder that with the Ezio collection arriving in november, many people might still be playing the Ezio trilogy, in December, which mean ubisoft could want to hype them about the futur ac title and which better moment could they have in 2016 than december when the ac movie will be shown. ^-^

m4r-k7
09-20-2016, 11:21 AM
If its going to be released in Oct/Nov next year then leaks will start around March - April leading up to E3.

But who knows when it will be released. Maybe they will release it earlier to turn AC's cycle into the Far Cry type cycle where its one game every 1.5 years.

Sorrosyss
09-20-2016, 01:24 PM
Yeah, I'm going with Jan/Feb too. Cue the associated Kotaku 'leak', or overheard conversation on airplane, or fuzzy off angle photo of a logo that in no way has been photoshopped.

It'll be just after the film though, riding the hype from the film I'm sure. Perhaps a reveal trailer in May, and full gameplay demo at E3. *nod*

cawatrooper9
09-20-2016, 02:43 PM
Yeah, I'm thinking Jan/Feb. AC likes to try to stay in the news whenever they've got plans brewing. If they could get a solid few month block of Ezio Collection- AC Movie- Empire Announcement, I think they'd find that ideal.

RVSage
09-20-2016, 04:07 PM
I would say depends on the movie success,
If the movie does well we can expect something in February (Black Flag Team and Black Flag reveal was on a February)
Else may be as late as April-May 2016

Sigma 1313
09-20-2016, 04:43 PM
I'm expecting a leak to come out around January and for the official announcement to be March and actual gameplay at E3

cawatrooper9
09-20-2016, 05:40 PM
Honestly, I was pretty bummed when I heard AC2016 was never going to be. But now that we're already discussing the possibility of an upcoming announcement, I'm beginning to awaken into hype mode.

SpiritOfNevaeh
09-21-2016, 04:53 PM
Honestly, I was pretty bummed when I heard AC2016 was never going to be. But now that we're already discussing the possibility of an upcoming announcement, I'm beginning to awaken into hype mode.

"It's a trap!" :P

Nah, but Jan/Feb for me as well.

ShoryukenMan
09-22-2016, 11:23 PM
Even if Empire doesn't come out in 2017, I expect it will be revealed at next year's E3 with a trailer and some gameplay.