PDA

View Full Version : My thoughts as a gamer of 25+ years and streamer on twitch

GameCypher
09-17-2016, 12:48 AM
I felt the game graphics were very good but felt like there should have been more blood and gore this feels to much like a PG13 game when it should be a Rated R hate to say it but i will "Chivalry: Medieval Warfare" the amount of blood and gore in that game was perfect for a game like this yeah you can cut heads off in for honor but only small amount of blood even comes out please consider revamping your blood and gore mechanics.

Now i dont mean to sound like i am bashing this game cause i am not infact i would not even take the time to write anything if i felt like the game was bad so keep that in mind when you read this but i got to say as a streamer on Twitch i do not like my Email address advertised all over the stream this is my private information so i decided to delete my vods on twitch due to privacy violations imo and will no longer stream the game on any website. There is no NDA then there should not be any watermarks or private info stamped all over the game i seen people with press copies also had this that is a big no no for a lot of people that use private emails with there uplay account pretty much everyone i know.

Now onto the mechanics of the game i felt lacked a number of things and i know its "alpha" but to me looked nothing like an "alpha" over the years the definition of Game Alpha has been abused so much it has changed its almost a joke anyways i'm not going to get into that here i want to talk mechanics. Sorry got off subject i felt the controls were ok but not great especially making things overcomplicated with blocking i can see you wanted to be immersive as possible but it felt more annoying then just pressing a block button having to move the mouse around.

I think this is the reason most people i know used an Xbox controller as keyboard and mouse did not feel right and i do not use controllers in games like this so yeah i did not like the blocking mechanics. the movement was ok and felt kind of like a console game but not a crappy port so good job on that. I do hope you plan on adding in more modes then 4v4 these type of games are always better with more players the AI seemed good but i would rather have a real person by my side.

That's really all that comes to mind atm good frame rate for my 980gtx had no problems with that looked great just wish you guys would make some changes thanks for the invite to the game i can see a lot of love and hard work went into this so please do not take my suggestions as a bad thing i wish you guys the best with the launch.

Gamegod1234
09-17-2016, 05:04 AM
I completely agree, it's very strange to see decapitations and yet not see any blood anywhere. I suppose that they are potentially going to add blood effects? who knows. It also runs fairly good for an alpha (which I would not expect)

DarkstarQc
09-17-2016, 11:19 AM
I felt the game graphics were very good but felt like there should have been more blood and gore this feels to much like a PG13 game when it should be a Rated R hate to say it but i will "Chivalry: Medieval Warfare" the amount of blood and gore in that game was perfect for a game like this yeah you can cut heads off in for honor but only small amount of blood even comes out please consider revamping your blood and gore mechanics.

Now i dont mean to sound like i am bashing this game cause i am not infact i would not even take the time to write anything if i felt like the game was bad so keep that in mind when you read this but i got to say as a streamer on Twitch i do not like my Email address advertised all over the stream this is my private information so i decided to delete my vods on twitch due to privacy violations imo and will no longer stream the game on any website. There is no NDA then there should not be any watermarks or private info stamped all over the game i seen people with press copies also had this that is a big no no for a lot of people that use private emails with there uplay account pretty much everyone i know.

Now onto the mechanics of the game i felt lacked a number of things and i know its "alpha" but to me looked nothing like an "alpha" over the years the definition of Game Alpha has been abused so much it has changed its almost a joke anyways i'm not going to get into that here i want to talk mechanics. Sorry got off subject i felt the controls were ok but not great especially making things overcomplicated with blocking i can see you wanted to be immersive as possible but it felt more annoying then just pressing a block button having to move the mouse around.

I think this is the reason most people i know used an Xbox controller as keyboard and mouse did not feel right and i do not use controllers in games like this so yeah i did not like the blocking mechanics. the movement was ok and felt kind of like a console game but not a crappy port so good job on that. I do hope you plan on adding in more modes then 4v4 these type of games are always better with more players the AI seemed good but i would rather have a real person by my side.

That's really all that comes to mind atm good frame rate for my 980gtx had no problems with that looked great just wish you guys would make some changes thanks for the invite to the game i can see a lot of love and hard work went into this so please do not take my suggestions as a bad thing i wish you guys the best with the launch.

You like chivalry brutality better then this game, I agree with you plus there is no big melee mode so with that said I've got only one thing to had to this conversation go check the game MORDHAU
and come back to tell me what you think about it!!! That game is going to crush for honor if its release on all platform!!! unless they change there mind and decide to make a big melee mode.