PDA

View Full Version : Please please please don't have NAT restrictions on final release.

WinnieDaJew
09-16-2016, 05:05 PM
Rainbow six siege tried it already and it was CRAP. I know Ubisoft loves to do stupid things like restrict internet types but let's all use our brains for once and make a good game that's accessible to everyone.

The_Pathfind3r
09-16-2016, 05:12 PM
I agree, I have had many issues trying to group up with friends in this game because of the NAT restrictions. I have a similar issue with Rainbow Six Siege, but at least I can group up with friends and play online...

MrsPinkie250
09-16-2016, 06:47 PM
I competly agree, the NAT is stupid as hell, i wait roughly 20 minuts for ONE match, it's stupid as hell. In every other game it's not a problem

DeathofCaine
09-18-2016, 05:27 AM
What are you guys talking about?

NAT is not implemented from the game, it's a setting in your console based on your router and internet settings. They didn't implement anything, they simply showed you what your setting on your console was so when you had problems you would know why. :rolleyes:

capsven
09-18-2016, 05:59 PM
http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/networking/network-ports-used-xbox-live

For Xbox one you can look up this support thread.

BaconBusterYT
09-18-2016, 06:17 PM
What are you guys talking about?

NAT is not implemented from the game, it's a setting in your console based on your router and internet settings. They didn't implement anything, they simply showed you what your setting on your console was so when you had problems you would know why. :rolleyes:

Thing is, this is literally the only online game that I've had problems with matchmaking, apparently due to "unknown NAT". If that was the case, you'd think I'd have more problems with games like Overwatch, Smash Bros, the Battlefield 1 Beta, CS:GO, and much more. Only For Honor has this issue for me, and basically has restricted me to dueling bots.

DeathofCaine
09-19-2016, 01:46 AM
Dedicated servers vs Peer to Peer. It's as simple as that. Peer to Peer requires proper NAT settings on your end.

Moorbilt
09-19-2016, 01:56 AM
Create a static IP. Then port forward.

YellowHammer77
09-20-2016, 03:22 PM
Create a static IP. Then port forward.

It really isn't simple. You can say it is but it isn't. I have port forwarded many times than I can count with my internet provider and it always quickly goes back to not working. It is a huge hassle takes lots of time and confusing. How about actually making a game that works for gamers! That is a novel idea. WOW not make players have to be tech experts just to connect to other players what a novel idea! Get real there is no excuse for having a game on the market with such issues. Plenty of multiplayer games never have issues at all. For instance we never have trouble with Rocket League. More games need to be made correctly and support the gamers who spend money on their games.

Sojourner Wrath
09-21-2016, 01:19 AM
Oi... Ya'll need to learn how the internet works. You're basically saying that you want your package at your door, but won't go through with the effort of giving someone your address. A handshake is a two-way street, you can't expect them to complete the whole process for you.

FatSpriderman
09-21-2016, 01:26 PM
seeing as the game isn't coming out next week, oh wait more like a year, i don't think ubi cares about fixing nat problems. It's an Alpha put out to gain info on the gameplay itself, iron out problems with the working game, and take suggestions for what could be modify, changed, added, or removed (for example purposes the Revenge system) not about someone being unable to play because they can't figure out how to have a stable enough connection, because that isn't what they are focusing on. NAT optimization comes during a Beta or even after release if the problems are there. Beyond that a game like this almost requires people with good enough connectivity to play correctly considering how technical interaction is.