PDA

View Full Version : [Uplay] Disconnection for inactivity interrupt downloads

ChrisPredator97
09-15-2016, 11:43 AM
Using Uplay, if you don't use the appplication for a determinate amount of time Uplay disconnects you from the server. This can be a very useful thing but there's a problem: if you are downloading something the download will be interrupted and so you can't donload anything if you don't use continuously Uplay. That problem is annoying because if I leave home and I leave Uplay downloading a game when I come back home the download will not be finished but interrrupted. This is very annoying specially if you don't have a very fast connection and for downloading a game you use 7h or more!

Shaelegh
02-14-2017, 06:00 PM
I was disconnected while downloading For Honnor and I can't afford to be 12h in front of my computer (i download at 700ko/s).
Steam don't disconnect people while downloading or whenever and it work just fine so why disconnect people in the first place ?
It's really infuriating to be disconnected like that for installing a 32.8Go game while we work for getting the money you want us to give you ...
Please do something for that.

Clemza93
03-07-2017, 07:59 AM
Well yeah that is just stupid ...

CanadianQuebec
01-27-2018, 03:36 AM
I know this is a relatively old post, but, today, I got myself forced to disconnect while I was (also) downloading For Honor.
Though I can't say if this is 100% accurate, but I think, to avoid getting disconnected, you have to set your profile to "Away".
(Click on your profile's icon on the upper right and set it to the yellow option which is Away).

This seems to stop you from getting forced to disconnect due to inactivity from UPlay.
(Also, the last time I downloaded a game on Uplay (Siege), I was already set to Away and it didn't DCed me during the night. which is what gave me an hint.)
There might be some reason to this, but, at least, I haven't been DCed for inactivity for a couple of hour now.

HughMungBean
06-13-2018, 08:59 AM
This is still happening two years later? do they not read the forums or are they just that inept at managing their own services (which honestly explains uplay entirely) that they cant recognise when people are actively downloading things?

Faxmachinen
08-27-2018, 02:09 AM
I had heard Uplay was a steaming pile of crap, but it still managed to surprise me. You could have slapped a Ubisoft logo on chromium and it would be a better download manager than this. Well done.

Ardent73
09-13-2019, 11:44 PM
This just happened to me. Bought game, started the download, walked away to do other things.

Come back and the UPlay had auto-quit due to inactivity. 6% downloaded.

This is the kind of **** that would drive anyone nuts. Ubisoft/Uplay = steaming pile of ****. Stick to Steam.

UbiGabrinth
09-16-2019, 05:12 PM
I'm sorry you're having this issue! It's important to note that this is not intended behavior. I can as an example leave Uplay on for days without it logging me out. To the best of my knowledge this is a connection issue. Do you have a VPN you are using? Do you have a VPN you could try?

upcoast604
12-03-2019, 12:32 AM
Cyber Mon 2019 and it's still doing it. I set Division 2 to DL comeback hour later and uplay all closed up I sign back in check DL progress only 3GB DL'd.

Ubi-Woofer
12-03-2019, 10:06 AM
Cyber Mon 2019 and it's still doing it. I set Division 2 to DL comeback hour later and uplay all closed up I sign back in check DL progress only 3GB DL'd.

Hey upcoast604, I'm sorry to hear that this occurred while you were downloading The Division 2. To investigate this issue further with you, could you please clarify the following for me:

- Whether you locked your PC / laptop, or if you left it unlocked

- If you have any power-saving settings enabled which could have caused the programs to close

- If you use a VPN

- Whether you use a Wi-Fi or Ethernet connection, and if you have experienced this issue with multiple titles or just The Division 2

Thank you! :)

EL_LOCO_est_fou
12-06-2019, 07:56 PM
Exactly the same problem on W10 64bit.
I new on uplay it is my first tentative of downloading a game.
Not sure i'm going to have it one day ...

I have try by starting UPLAY as admin : same problem !!!

Ubi-Woofer
12-07-2019, 10:35 AM
Hello EL_LOCO_est_fou - welcome to the Ubisoft Forums! :)

I'm sorry to hear that you are also encountering this issue. Besides running Uplay PC as admin, have you tried any other steps in our basic connectivity guide for Uplay PC (https://support.ubi.com/en-GB/faqs/25657/Connectivity-Issues-with-Uplay-PC-UPC/) and / or basic PC troubleshooting guide (https://support.ubi.com/en-GB/faqs/000025947/Basic-PC-Troubleshooting/)?

Could you also answer the questions I posed in my last response on the previous page? Thanks!

SurexPOSEY
12-15-2019, 12:49 PM
Same problem here since few days ago.

Each time I put my pc in sleep mode, after the pc wake up Uplay disconnected me for inactivity...
Even though I checked the "remember me" option, Uplay just don't even try to reconnect itself.

I didn't have this problem for the last 2 years (or very rarely), but now I have it each time the pc wake up.

I already forwarded ports for uplay ages ago, and tried others things from both links linked above, but still have the problem.

Others platforms (Steam, battle.net, epic store, etc.) doesn't have this problem, So i don't think it comes from the sleep/wake up process.