PDA

View Full Version : Post 4.2 Framerate issues (and freezing)

Top_Tier_Trash
09-14-2016, 07:54 AM
After the 4.2 patch, I've noticed a lot of bugs. First and foremost, and the one I care about, is FPS issues.

Since it's release I've seen a drastic decrease in my framerate, averaging 120-110, to about 80 FPS, dipping into 60 during firefights. While I only truly need 60 FPS (my monitor is rated at 59.9 Hz), The drastic change in framerate creates a more choppy experience when the framerate changes so much. While I can look for alternatives (there was a reason I didn't have it synced to the monitor's refresh rate, but I've forgotten), I'm also experiencing a horrible freeze during every round. Usually ~10-30 seconds after spawning (so ~10-30 seconds after attacking phase begins as attacker), my game freezes for a good 6-8 seconds and I can do absolutely nothing during this time. Not like ~8 seconds of stuttering, I mean the game is completely frozen and I can't move or do anything. This issue was present in earlier versions of this game but it was only a 1-2 second freeze and didn't ruin my experience playing the game (unlike what it does now).

I'm running a GTX 970 (yes I know .5 GB of "non" VRAM) but I have lowered the graphical settings down so I'm only using ~3 GB of VRAM at any given moment
I have an i5-4670k processor at 3.4 GHz,
16 GB of DDR3 RAM
Windows 7 (obviously 64-bit)
The drivers are 100% up-to-date (I downloaded them for the BF1 beta)

Please help, these frame issues are currently ruining most games for me :(

Morfanos
09-14-2016, 08:48 AM
It's been like that, the mini freeze I mean, for a while now. It's not that annoying but if it's now up to 8 sec, it's going to be a big problem. Your PC is more than capable of handling that game, it's not the issue.

Are you using an SSD? In previous threads about this, most people were indeed using an SSD if my memory serves me right.

On a side note, you should google: "nvidia settlement"

They're giving 30$ to anyone with a GTX 970 but I believe it's for a limited time.

Ubi-Surulies
09-14-2016, 01:04 PM
Hello there,

please if you continue having issues, please contact our support teams (https://support.ubi.com/). Please send them the information described in this thread (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1055788-READ-ME-Help-us-to-help-you-%E2%80%93-How-to-report-an-issue) along as well. That way they can investigate it better.

Thanks,
Surulies

Cain_Insane
09-14-2016, 02:47 PM
same problem here but I'm on much lower specs, below minimum I know but twas all good before. Used to play fine between 50 and 70 fps with some dips to the 40s if the entire world collapses around me.

Now the game just regularly dips into single digit frames every few seconds or so.

Win 7 x64
Q6700 @ 3Ghz
4GB DDR2
750Ti
OCZ ARC100 SSD

GBB-flohibohi
09-14-2016, 04:15 PM
Same problem here...after the 4.2 update horrible lags at the beginning of each round and FPS drops over the whole round...

> I5 4560K
> GTX 770
>8 GB Ram

Top_Tier_Trash
09-14-2016, 09:20 PM
It's been like that, the mini freeze I mean, for a while now. It's not that annoying but if it's now up to 8 sec, it's going to be a big problem. Your PC is more than capable of handling that game, it's not the issue.

Are you using an SSD? In previous threads about this, most people were indeed using an SSD if my memory serves me right.

On a side note, you should google: "nvidia settlement"

They're giving 30$ to anyone with a GTX 970 but I believe it's for a limited time.

Yea the mini-freeze never really bothered me because it was 1-2 seconds. Now that it's 8 seconds, it's really detracting from the game's experience and that's why I'm here.

I am, in fact, using an SSD to run the game and the UPlay client. Why is this a possible issue?

And on a side note, I am aware of the settlement, but I am unaware the money is being given away now, so I'll have to do some research, thanks for that :)

Morfanos
09-14-2016, 10:07 PM
Yea the mini-freeze never really bothered me because it was 1-2 seconds. Now that it's 8 seconds, it's really detracting from the game's experience and that's why I'm here.

I am, in fact, using an SSD to run the game and the UPlay client. Why is this a possible issue?

And on a side note, I am aware of the settlement, but I am unaware the money is being given away now, so I'll have to do some research, thanks for that :)

I don't know if having a SSD really has anything to do with this, it's just that I noticed that everyone with the issue seems to be having a SSD.

As for the settlement, i just read about it 1 or 2 days ago so it's new and I'm not surprised you haven't heard anything about it yet.

Top_Tier_Trash
09-14-2016, 10:12 PM
I don't know if having a SSD really has anything to do with this, it's just that I noticed that everyone with the issue seems to be having a SSD.

As for the settlement, i just read about it 1 or 2 days ago so it's new and I'm not surprised you haven't heard anything about it yet.

Well I do have it installed on an SSD and that might be a contributor to the issue.

As for the GTX lawsuit, I just applied for my 30 bucks, so thanks for letting me know

Brojeenz
09-15-2016, 04:20 AM
I'd like to add I'm having the same issues as well. I've always had the game freeze on me during prep and drone phases but after patch 4.2 it's gotten extremely worse. I just sent a ticket to support. Here is what it said:

I've always had the issue of R6 Siege freezing during prep and drone phases but the freezing usually lasted about 2-3 seconds. AMD just released a new driver this week, 16.9.1, prior to patch 4.2 releasing and it pretty much solved most of these freezes. However, with the release of patch 4.2 it's gotten MUCH worse. I'm currently freezing from 6-10 seconds each prep/drone phase and it's really effecting my ability to setup defenses or protect my drones.

Operating System: Win7 x64
CPU: i5-3470 (currently overclocked to 4.0 GHz) (100x40)
GPU: AMD R9 270x
RAM: GSkill DDR3 1600
Connection Speed: 65 mb/down, 6mb/up
Connection Type: Wired
Controller Connected: No
Hard Drives: Samsung 850evo 250GB SSD and SanDisk Ultra II 480GB SSD (game and Uplay client installed on the SanDisk drive)

I've played the game with and without the overclock and the freezing has always been there. I'm able to cap my frame rate at 73 FPS (for my 144Hz monitor) with medium settings at 1080p and never get any frame drops. The only time I ever experience performance issues is during the prep/drone phases.

My log files are included in this ticket.

Account Name: ***
Email: ***

Please let me know if you need anything else from me. I'd like to help in anyway that I can to help you and your development team make this an even greater game.

Thank You

IrishPete99
09-15-2016, 06:56 PM
I'm experiencing a horrible freeze during every round. Usually ~10-30 seconds after spawning (so ~10-30 seconds after attacking phase begins as attacker), my game freezes for a good 6-8 seconds and I can do absolutely nothing during this time. Not like ~8 seconds of stuttering, I mean the game is completely frozen and I can't move or do anything.

GTX 970
i5-4670k processor at 3.4 GHz,
16 GB of DDR3 RAM
Windows 7
The drivers are 100% up-to-date

ive had the above issue post 4.2, and i dont think that i had the problem before 4.2. its quite severe pause for me

i reported it to supp also

Cain_Insane
09-16-2016, 10:18 PM
GTX 970
i5-4670k processor at 3.4 GHz,
16 GB of DDR3 RAM
Windows 7
The drivers are 100% up-to-date

ive had the above issue post 4.2, and i dont think that i had the problem before 4.2. its quite severe pause for me

i reported it to supp also

SSD or no? thus far we're two for two on that count so may well be on to something.

Morfanos
09-16-2016, 10:43 PM
SSD or no? thus far we're two for two on that count so may well be on to something.

Actually, if we only count the people in this thread, it's 4 for 4.

MbyH0TSh0T__
09-17-2016, 12:06 PM
I have same problem - fps drop and lags after this patch
my specs

AMD A6-5400k 3,6ghz (dual core)
Nvidia Geforce GTX 650 1715mb of memory.
Ram 8gb

Game ran before normally without fps drops and high lags, but now after this battleye patch and 4.2 i have so amazing lags that i can't choose operator.
When i play (barricading,run shot etc.) i have only problem with high ping (120) when all players have normally 40-80 ping.

This is really ****ty problem making game unplayable.

Cain_Insane
09-17-2016, 02:03 PM
tried installing the game over onto my hard drive, same problem persists, sad times.

Steijn.TCi
09-17-2016, 05:06 PM
GTX 1060

i7-3770

16 gb ram ddr3

runs at 15 fps, it's not using my core clock and memory clock.

it's on 633 core clock and 810 memory clock while my max core clock is 2139 and memory clock is 4455
this results in my fps staying at about 15 fps while it was stable 60 fps

how can i fix this? i assume it's a bug on ubi's side though. fine with every other game.

before the patch i had an fps of 60(due to vsync) could go higher.

hEla.Duck
09-17-2016, 10:00 PM
I have been getting the same freezing problems since the 4.2 update. It ran fine before that.

Morfanos
09-17-2016, 10:00 PM
tried installing the game over onto my hard drive, same problem persists, sad times.

I'm not so sure the game need to be installed on the SSD. I could be wrong but I believe the problem is related to windows, not the game by itself. The game merely does something that causes windows to freeze for those 1-2 seconds. My reasoning is that if by "luck" someone is talking to me, we use a third party software like Discord or TS, at the exact same time the game freezes, the communication will also freeze for that time. It's something I've only experienced 3 times(the talking and freezing) so far since release so it's just a theory but so far, it seems to me that if you have an SSD, R6 does something in windows that can freeze your system for just a few seconds.

If you play with others using a third party software to chat, try to see if the same happens.

Morfanos
09-17-2016, 10:07 PM
GTX 1060

i7-3770

16 gb ram ddr3

runs at 15 fps, it's not using my core clock and memory clock.

it's on 633 core clock and 810 memory clock while my max core clock is 2139 and memory clock is 4455
this results in my fps staying at about 15 fps while it was stable 60 fps

how can i fix this? i assume it's a bug on ubi's side though. fine with every other game.

before the patch i had an fps of 60(due to vsync) could go higher.

Hello, you issue is unrelated to our problem but I believe I might still able to help.

Not too long ago, when BattlEye was first introduced, a lot of people with laptop and the GeForce GTX 960m came on these forums with a problem like yours. In short, something was causing the game to stop using the GeForce and use the Intel GPU instead.

From what I can see here, even if you're not using a laptop, a similar issue could be happening. Seems like your video card is no longer detecting that's it's now running a game. What worked for these other people was to reinstall the latest video driver. This would somehow force the system to detect that it was running a game when running Siege and using the proper video card. It wouldn't be the first time I see a video card not using the proper frequencies, "thinking" it's not running the game.

In short, download and install the latest drivers and see if it works. If not, we can try something else.

Cain_Insane
09-17-2016, 10:45 PM
I'm not so sure the game need to be installed on the SSD. I could be wrong but I believe the problem is related to windows, not the game by itself. The game merely does something that causes windows to freeze for those 1-2 seconds. My reasoning is that if by "luck" someone is talking to me, we use a third party software like Discord or TS, at the exact same time the game freezes, the communication will also freeze for that time. It's something I've only experienced 3 times(the talking and freezing) so far since release so it's just a theory but so far, it seems to me that if you have an SSD, R6 does something in windows that can freeze your system for just a few seconds.

If you play with others using a third party software to chat, try to see if the same happens.

It's funny you should mention that because prior to skull rain I used to get awfully lossy mouse movement when using teamspeak i.e. more between 50-70% of my mouse input would actually register.
Fresh TS install seemed to sort that issue however.

This problem I get when using no voice applications at all, no third party programs running in the background, nada, totally barebones. Still hitches.

I tend to stick the beefier games on my SSD so as to give things a helping hand with paging and whatnot considering my paltry amount of RAM.

Morfanos
09-18-2016, 12:07 AM
It's funny you should mention that because prior to skull rain I used to get awfully lossy mouse movement when using teamspeak i.e. more between 50-70% of my mouse input would actually register.
Fresh TS install seemed to sort that issue however.

This problem I get when using no voice applications at all, no third party programs running in the background, nada, totally barebones. Still hitches.

I tend to stick the beefier games on my SSD so as to give things a helping hand with paging and whatnot considering my paltry amount of RAM.

I didn't mean to say that TS was causing the issues, I simply meant that it's not the game and still is affected when the freeze do happens. I would have to test but for all I know, maybe even playing music in the background is affected by the freeze. The "voice" freeze happens to me both when using TeamSpeak or Discord so it's not TS related.

hEla.Duck
09-19-2016, 06:52 PM
I have tried reinstalling graphics drivers and the game. The game still freezes for several seconds and then resumes.

Cain_Insane
09-19-2016, 07:07 PM
|Well chaps utterly ridiculous as it sounds I *may* have solved my issue by installing every optional windows update under the sun. Still get the occasional noicable stutter maybe once in a game and the small stutter a few seconds after the round starts.

But I am no longer getting the 5-10 second stutter in game start nor am I getting the slowdown/frame drops every few seconds in game.

This is all based on one map of plane however in running the benchmark I can see some vast improvements since updating.

Pre optional updates:
[Overall]
LowestFps=6.132582
Fps=70.149643
HighestFps=187.244080
RawFrameTimes=48.524837
RawFrameCounts=3404
RawSmallestFrameTime=0.005341
RawLargestFrameTime=0.163063
RawGraphicsFlipDuration=0.000000
LoadingTime=30093

Post Updates:
[Overall]
LowestFps=15.031437
Fps=75.355080
HighestFps=181.350677
RawFrameTimes=48.437347
RawFrameCounts=3650
RawSmallestFrameTime=0.005514
RawLargestFrameTime=0.066527
RawGraphicsFlipDuration=0.000000
LoadingTime=8830

Big reductions in loading time and the longest frame time and more than double the lowest framerate where the slowdown used to occur, now I just the standard slowdown youd expect from running the game on a toaster.

Definitely playable now though, HUZZAH! will update more if things change.

Morfanos
09-19-2016, 10:54 PM
So, it's not back to only the mini freezes? That's good. Still doesn't tell us what cause the mini freezes we seems to all get but at least it doesn't keep you from playing.

Cpt.H4rl0ck
09-22-2016, 04:18 PM
Hello,

I also got some problems after patch 4.2 was lunched - the game was freezing from time to time.

Here my system specification:

System Model: Z97X-Gaming 3
BIOS: F7
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4690K CPU @ 3.50GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.5GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970
Driver: 372.90

To find a solution, I did the following steps:

1. Like other users, reinstalled TeamSpeak – freezing problem wasnīt fixed
2. Reinstalled NVIDIA driver – freezing problem wasnīt fixed

I remember that NVIDIA GeForce Experience got an update (before or after) patch 4.2 was released
and from that day on the freezing prob. started. Am I wrong or only player with GeForce have this problem?

So I thought the problem is connected to GeForce Experience,
especially the game capture/stream tool caused mayor freezing probs on my system.
Donīt know if the problem is related to BattlEye and the NVIDIA tool, but for me it seems so.

This worked for me: I just deinstalled NVIDIA GeForce Experience – since then the problem is gone!

Greetz

Nekopawed
09-23-2016, 03:24 AM
After the midseason patch I've had a game that is unplayable once any explosions go off. My FPS drops down to single digits. I've tried a repair, a reinstall, did a virus and malware scan. Nothing seems to be fixing the issue. It ran smooth as could be, then after the midseason patch it is not worth playing..

Short Specs:
AMD A10-6800K Richland 4.1 GHz Quad-Core
16gb ram
AMD Radeon R9 270X 4GB DDR5 PCI Express 3.0

Here are my specs from a steam print out.

Computer Information:
Manufacturer: System manufacturer
Model: System Product Name
Form Factor: Desktop
No Touch Input Detected

Processor Information:
CPU Vendor: AuthenticAMD
CPU Family: 0x15
CPU Model: 0x13
CPU Stepping: 0x1
CPU Type: 0x0
Speed: 4120 Mhz
4 logical processors
2 physical processors
HyperThreading: Supported
FCMOV: Supported
SSE2: Supported
SSE3: Supported
SSSE3: Supported
SSE4a: Supported
SSE41: Supported
SSE42: Supported
AES: Supported
AVX: Supported
CMPXCHG16B: Supported
LAHF/SAHF: Supported
PrefetchW: Supported

Network Information:
Network Speed:

Operating System Version:
Windows 7 (64 bit)
NTFS: Supported
Crypto Provider Codes: Supported 311 0x0 0x0 0x0

Video Card:
Driver: AMD Radeon R9 200 Series

DirectX Driver Name: aticfx32.dll
Driver Version: 21.19.134.1
DirectX Driver Version: 21.19.134.1
Driver Date: 7 Sept 2016
OpenGL Version: 4.5
Desktop Color Depth: 32 bits per pixel
Monitor Refresh Rate: 60 Hz
DirectX Card: AMD Radeon R9 200 Series
VendorID: 0x1002
DeviceID: 0x6810
Revision Not Detected
Number of Monitors: 1
Number of Logical Video Cards: 1
No SLI or Crossfire Detected
Primary Display Resolution: 1920 x 1080
Desktop Resolution: 1920 x 1080
Primary Display Size: 26.65" x 15.00" (30.55" diag)
67.7cm x 38.1cm (77.6cm diag)
Primary Bus Type Not Detected
Primary VRAM Not Detected
Supported MSAA Modes: 2x 4x 8x

Sound card:
Audio device: Speakers (Sound Blaster Z)

Memory:
RAM: 16334 Mb

Miscellaneous:
UI Language: English
Microphone: Not set
Media Type: DVD
Total Hard Disk Space Available: 4883463 Mb
Largest Free Hard Disk Block: 1497644 Mb
OS Install Date: Dec 31 1969
Game Controller: None detected
VR Headset: None detected

Nekopawed
10-04-2016, 03:27 AM
This is still an issue. Is there any word on a fix for this yet?
This is a game breaking problem.

Gourmet_Memes
10-06-2016, 04:21 PM
Same issue here,

even made a video:
(https://www.reddit.com/r/Rainbow6/comments/55f22w/reporting_glitch_rainbow_6_siege_preperation/)