PDA

View Full Version : My Steep Wishlist

Kdogg788
09-09-2016, 03:09 PM
It's been quiet with Steep with the release date fast approaching and I know they are probably cranking out the hours to make the game as good as possible. There are a few things that I hope could be added eventually. I'm not of the mind that the devs are going to look at this list and implement all these features but am carefully optimistic that some could make the cut or at least be considered.

1. One more terrain pass, especially on rocky faces and abrupt terrain changes.
2. The possibility of ski lifts that your character could ride at lower elevations.
3. The final map has not been released so I have some hope that we will see prominent alpine peaks such as the Eiger, Weisshorn, Mont Maudit, Zinalrothorn.
4. Ski lodges at the base. If the game is intended to be social, having lodges at the base where your character could walk in and talk to people would be a nice touch. You could also have some mini games that you could play with others such as darts, pool tables, foosball, etc. Maybe even a little virtual bar that you could sit and and hang out. The screens at the bar could show game promos sometimes and maybe even music. There would be an opening there for new bands to sign up with Ubisoft to be heard on the in game bar screens. Lodges could have shops with exclusive gear.
5. More refined climbing mechanics with maybe the possibility of face climbing or putting up alpine routes on rock and ice. It shouldn't be made too extreme but not so easy that you can just hold the up button and find yourself at the top of the face.
6. Himalayas: This is the end game for me. If the DLC were to include a Himalayan area, this would be just incredible. Some mountains are obvious such as K2 and Everest, but it would be amazing to see Nanga Parbat and the Gasherbrums in there as well (the Gasherbrum peaks and Broad Peak are directly opposite K2). I would expect Annapurna to make an appearance as it was a French team that made the first ascent. The vertical relief would make wingsuiting and paragliding an amazing experience. If you're looking for a picture perfect Himalayan peak check out Masherbrum. It's been called the Matterhorn of the Himalayas. Masherbrum was also known as K1.

-k

TrialsFusioniot
09-09-2016, 03:38 PM
My wish is also regarding hiking climbing.
I would love the auto-stop when walking up to hazards to be optional, so that you can fall of slopes and cliff when you just carelessly walk/hike. That would make exploring more exciting, knowing that you can take wrong steps and that you will ragdoll down if you do not watch where you are going. It would also be funny to kind of walk like a lemming over the Eiger Wall edge.

And the snowboard forward leaning animation at high speeds puts the center of weight of the character to much forward. The snowboard nose would stick into the snow instantly. That position always has the weight shifted back, even though the upper body is leaning forward.

Imk_
09-09-2016, 11:16 PM
It would be nice to have social places like lodges. It is really good in The Division and i enjoy going there.
The game is based on freeriding but some ski lifts next to a snowpark would be pretty good.

FuzzyMcBottoms
09-11-2016, 10:33 AM
4. Ski lodges at the base. If the game is intended to be social, having lodges at the base where your character could walk in and talk to people would be a nice touch. You could also have some mini games that you could play with others such as darts, pool tables, foosball, etc. Maybe even a little virtual bar that you could sit and and hang out. The screens at the bar could show game promos sometimes and maybe even music. There would be an opening there for new bands to sign up with Ubisoft to be heard on the in game bar screens. Lodges could have shops with exclusive gear.

-k

I think this is a great Idea. especially for a shop where u can buy exclusive gear, clothing, hats, ski's, sticks, boards, wingsuits, ....
New gear could be added by the dev team throughout the year to make it more customizable.

Even with a range of different type off ski or board would make to game more interresting.
Every type of ski or board has it's own advantages.
Like Freestyle ski's, Alpine, Pouder ski's...the same for boards
For example, there is a huge difference between freestyle and race ski's in speed.

Kdogg788
09-12-2016, 05:37 PM
The gear should be more based around aesthetics. Gear with differing stats will force "leaderboard" gear for certain challenges and races. Gear with differing stats that is exclusive or paid will be met with loud "pay to win" screams from parts of the player base who are interested in scores, leaderboards, and such. I would like the gear to at least differ graphically, for example, ski and board lengths could be available for the player character who ideally should be able to customized in terms of height and weight.

-k

ESP-RecordZ
09-17-2016, 08:16 AM
What they REALLY need to add in is terrain and rail parks. How can you have a Skiing/ snowboarding game WITHOUT them???

Kdogg788
09-20-2016, 06:22 PM
I prefer to utilize the entire mountain, trees included. Even on well worn and crowded mountains you can find great areas pretty much untouched.

-k

liam_faye
09-22-2016, 10:12 PM
I'm am really holding out hope for a ski lodge for players to meet in and chill out. I honestly am going to be surprised if there isn't a ski lodge at launch. Ubisoft Annecy is really focused as making this game a "service" that would be consistently updated with new concepts and features though, so if it isn't there at launch it will probably appear later on down the line (if the fans are vocal.)