PDA

View Full Version : PC Far Cry 4 WILL NOT update

VytasBliu
09-03-2016, 05:34 AM
Game is still on 1.10, even though I know 1.5 is out. I contacted Ubisoft months ago about this and they are blaming my "Killer" brand hardware, which is BS because Primal updates just fine as well as all my other games. I just tried another network card and it will only update Uplay, but not FC4. Is there a manual update I can do?

WID992007
09-03-2016, 03:15 PM
you are up to date

there was NO version 1.1.0

the released version was already at 1.2.0 the night the game shipped on November 18th 2014

it's IMPOSSIBLE to have version 1.1.0

you HAVE version 1 .10 . 0 that is the FINAL and current version of the game .....and that patch came out in April of 2015

patch release notes are posted here http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1208858-latest-update-version-number

also you can find patch release notes version 1.0 to 1.6.0 in your games Support folder already look for the read me file

again they did not ship the game until it was already at 1.2.0

################################################## ##############################
Ubisoft Entertainment
Far Cry® 4 v1.6.0 <------ this patch came out December 24th 2014
################################################## ##############################

Added hotkey for toggling the HUD on/off (F11)
Fixed an issue when the game loaded incorrect save from Uplay Cloud
Fixed an issue with performance drop for Crossfire Multi-GPU
Fixed an issue with broken shadows in the northern region
Fixed various Controls issues
Fixed various Graphic issues
Fixed various IGE issues
Fixed various UI issues
Fixed various Uplay/Steam issues
Memory usage reduced

Ubisoft Entertainment
Far Cry® 4 v1.5.0 < ---- released in early December 2014 around the 5th

Added 21:9 aspect ratio support
Added Russian text and subtitles to worldwide game version
Fixed an issue with aim assist
Fixed an issue with grappling if aim button was remapped on another key
Fixed an issue with mouse input
Fixed an issue with movement key binding on mouse buttons
Fixed an issue with Uplay invites in Steam version
Fixed various Controls issues
Fixed various IGE issues
Fixed various Session Browser issues
Fixed various UI issues
NVIDIA graphics preset was removed
Reduced performance drop impact during streaming

Ubisoft Entertainment
Far Cry® 4 v1.4.0 < ---- released on November 24th 2014

Fixed black screen issue
Fixed grey screen issue

Ubisoft Entertainment
Far Cry® 4 v1.3.0 < -----released a few days after launch

Fixed various IGE issues
Fixed various Input issues
Fixed various Localization issues
Fixed various Sound issues
Fixed various UI issues

Ubisoft Entertainment
Far Cry® 4 v1.2.0 , < ------FarCry 4 is released on November 18th 2014 @ version 1.2.0

Fixed error when playing map two times from Map Browser
Added FOV option in Advanced Graphics
Added NVIDIA GeForce Experience support
Fixed various IGE issues
Fixed various Multi-GPU issues
Fixed various Multi-Monitor issues
Fixed various UI issues

Ubisoft Entertainment
Far Cry® 4 v1.1.0 <--- pre release version of FarCry 4 \ was never available outside of testing

Fixed crash when inactive in IGE for 10 minutes
Fixed an issue with incorrect characters in map naming
Fixed screen tearing when performing a handgun takedown
Fixed error, when booting on Korean Localization
Fixed error, when saved maps from IGE and Downloaded could not be opened in the Editor from in-game
Fixed error, when game could not be booted, if the game folder name contained non-ASCII characters
Fixed various IGE issues
Fixed various Localization issues
Fixed various Multi-GPU issues
Fixed various Multi-Monitor issues
Fixed various Multiplayer issues
Fixed various Sound issues
Fixed various UI issues
Fixed various Uplay Actions issues
Fixed various Uplay Rewards issues

Ubisoft Entertainment
Far Cry® 4 v1.00 < ---Pre release version of FarCry 4 \ was never made available outside of testing

there are no patch notes included with patch versions 1.7.0 , 1.8.0 or 1.9.0 as they were to only contain DLC .. but some odds and end games fixes were included with 1.7.0 - 1.9.0

patch notes for 1.10.0 were provided by Ubi - Miisty back in April of 2015

Far Cry 4 PC version 1.10.0 patch notes:

- Multi-GPU performance improvements
- Fixed bug with grapple lose functionality on keyboard and mouse
- SMAA option is disabled for Multi-GPU
- Fixed bug with water has now fog occlusion
- Fixed crash in credits
- Added full Overrun game mode support to session browser
- Various UI fixes

WID992007
09-03-2016, 03:30 PM
If you own the season pass or Far Cry 4 Gold your game updated as neither steam or Uplay will install an old version of the game files for Far Cry 4

they both install version 1.10.0 (which is the final and current version of the game )

if you do not own the season pass or far cry 4 gold ....your game still updated ... with the in game fixes that those DLC added
and your version number was updated as well as long as you installed it after April of 2015

1.7.0 added escape from Durgesh DLC (came out in Jan 2015 ) < for season pass or gold owners as well as BASE GAME OWNERS

1.8.0 added the Hurk Deluxe pack DLC (came out in February 2015 )< for season pass or gold owners as well as BASE GAME OWNERS

1.9.0 added the Valley of the Yeti DLC (came out in March 2015 )<for season pass or gold owners as well as BASE GAME OWNERS

1.10.0 added the overrun game mode and was the final patch for the title (came out in April 2015 ) for season pass or gold owners as well as BASE GAME OWNERS

these 4 patches also contained other fixes... that no release notes are available for, other then the ones Ubi Miisty was able to provide that i posted above for version 1.10.0

1.8.0 i think added some in game features like disable loot animations

1.9.0 changed how SLI performed ...and was later again patched in version 1.10.0

so yes believe it or not your on version one.... point ten ....point zero

not one point one point zero as that was never a released version of the game

there was no 1.1 .0 version of the game ever released \ i got it the night it shipped in 2014 and the game was already up to @ 1.2.0

but as i mentioned the patches were applied to even non season pass or gold owners as the files contained various game fixes in patches 1.7.0 - 1.9.0 that were never documented ..those patches were also were several gig in size

so now when you install the game you get the final version ..even if you install from a DVD copy... the files will be already at version 1.2.0 as that was the shipped version ..........and Uplay will reinstall the current up to date version of the title once you connect to Uplay

if ya got Steam version..... it is already up to date 1.10.0

also Origin version is Uplay only ... an yes Uplay only versions only install the up to date version 1.10.0

so sorry if ya got confused ..but yes 1.10.0 is the final and current version of Far Cry 4 , and that is the number you will see on the main game window in the lower left side

if you have a problem with your game ..contact Ubisoft Support directly

you can find contact info here https://support.ubi.com/en-GB/Contact#en-gb