PDA

View Full Version : Could the pet eagle of the next AC game work like the owl in Far Cry Primal?

MikeFNY
08-31-2016, 03:58 PM
How many of you are Far Cry fans here?

I ask because I love it but I skipped Primal, yet today I ended up watching this video and my gut feeling tells me that the new AC will feature some of the features of the game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6vk-QRqh80

I mean, we all know that Far Cry 3/4 include (in AC terms) air assassination, assassinate from a ledge, assassinate from above; I mean the two games share some similarities.

We also know, according to the leak, that Empire will feature a pet eagle. Could it be a similar concept like at 3:55.

He first calls a pet lion, just like Connor did in AC3's DLC with his wolves and then, there it is, the pet eagle, an owl in this case. You can control it and "assassinate" your target with it.

EDIT: It seems it was suggested before ...
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1366164-Rumor-2017-AC-Game-A-Total-Revamp-Set-in-Egypt?p=11275823&viewfull=1#post11275823

cawatrooper9
08-31-2016, 05:05 PM
I also haven't played Primal yet (I really want to, though!) but I remember people were thinking this might be the case once the rumors about Empire surfaced.

I wouldn't be surprised, Ubisoft loves to reuse assets. Just look at how similar so many thing are between Far Cry 3 and AC4.

MikeFNY
08-31-2016, 05:12 PM
Exactly - what kept you from playing it?

For me it was the "no weapons" problem but in that video the game looks incredibly cool.

:confused: I meant "no guns" :)

cawatrooper9
08-31-2016, 07:16 PM
I'm just a busy dude. Have a lot of other games on the backburner that I'm working on whenever I get that weird thing called "free time".

pacmanate
08-31-2016, 09:42 PM
I enjoyed Primal. You have different Bows/Clubs for different things. Still a lot of bombs to have, throwing knives etc

m4r-k7
08-31-2016, 10:16 PM
I wouldn't be surprised, Ubisoft loves to reuse assets. Just look at how similar so many thing are between Far Cry 3 and AC4.

This got me thinking. Seeing as its Egypt, I am sure there will be chariots, which would mean Ubisoft could reuse the horse and carriage assets they made for Syndicate.

cawatrooper9
08-31-2016, 10:31 PM
This got me thinking. Seeing as its Egypt, I am sure there will be chariots, which would mean Ubisoft could reuse the horse and carriage assets they made for Syndicate.

That's a pretty good point. I know last year people (myself included) were thinking that the carriage stuff was basically a reskinned automobile asset for AC2016 (how naive we were!). But I could totally see it being chariots.

SixKeys
09-01-2016, 01:10 AM

Ugh, I hope not. I want Empire to feel as fresh as possible. Whatever assets they reuse need to be cleverly implemented, instead of feeling like we're just playing a reskinned Syndicate.

cawatrooper9
09-01-2016, 02:21 PM
Ugh, I hope not. I want Empire to feel as fresh as possible. Whatever assets they reuse need to be cleverly implemented, instead of feeling like we're just playing a reskinned Syndicate.

I'm with you there. If they're taking a year off, I hope at least we see the results of it.

rob1990312
09-01-2016, 05:16 PM
i watched a demo for watchdogs 2 yesterday and there is a mechanic in that game to use a drone that can fly around and detect enemies
alsoo im not sure i believe this rumor about a pet eagle, i know thst it was stated before that the devs were thinking about connor having a pet eagle in ac3 but decided against it because it didnt fit with the game
maybe they are going to have this but it just bothers me that the rumour stems from information that was already out there much like the eygpt rumour itself asrafh ismall black flag director said he and the rest of the team would like to work on a game set in ancient eygpt long before the rumour came about, 2 years later the rumour regurgatates the same info if you look hard enough all this info can be found online

LoyalACFan
09-03-2016, 04:50 AM
I played Ubi's Eagle Flight at GDC this year, which is a really fun VR game if you haven't seen it already. It's basically Open-World Eagle Buddy Simulator, over a lo-res Paris. If the eagle pet is a thing in Empire, I could see them taking some notes from that. Its speed and altitude would probably cause problems with framerate and draw distance in denser high-detail cities like London and Paris, but if large parts of this game are going to take place in relatively smallish cities sparse desert environments, it could work. Hell, it could even be a fast-travel alternative. Fly somewhere with the eagle pal, and when you land, the camera could pan around and Assassin Dude will be there to take over.

Locopells
09-03-2016, 10:49 AM
Loved that game, proved quite good at it, right from the off, as well!

pacmanate
09-03-2016, 03:06 PM

Also need to make sure that the boost button isn't the 0FPS lag button.

LoyalACFan
09-04-2016, 04:28 PM
Loved that game, proved quite good at it, right from the off, as well!

Me too :) I was a bona fide eagle sniper, haha.