PDA

View Full Version : Fortress Heroes and Runes

Heroes360X
08-31-2016, 10:25 AM
Hi everyone,

so i recently bought heroes 7 complete version after a long wait due to all the negative things i read and experience in the shadow council. i wont go into that further as we all know... anyway having tried it out im actually pleased about how its coming to be.

so what i actually wanted to know is, is there a guide to fortress or how do you prefer to play them?

i tend to might heros with defence (still not sure on which hero is best ) and try to build in the runes.

Thanks.:)

Tarelther
08-31-2016, 01:33 PM
If you're talking single player against AI, pretty much anything that makes logical sense will end up working.

If you're talking multi-player, that's another story. Right now, multi-player is about damaging spells and the Warfare skill. Might heroes, especially defensive ones, are in a rough spot since troops tend to just evaporate in player vs player combat. In my opinion, Warfare units are over-tuned and spells take far fewer resources for the same damage output as troops, which created the state multi-player is in.

If you want to play a defensive hero, you generally have to leverage your defense to aggressively clear neutrals fast and transition into a more damaging build late game.

IMMORTAL_999
08-31-2016, 01:49 PM
2Tarelther

Hi dude!
Do you want to play in "Bad Neighbors" right now? (is a training race) :D

Heroes360X
08-31-2016, 01:55 PM
@ TARELTHER,

really i found the dwarfs defence pretty strong... my core unit was up to nearly 50 def... but then again just bought it and like you said i havent done player vs player yet.... would i not stand a chance against magic and attack might?

Tarelther
08-31-2016, 11:51 PM
Well, Might heroes will have better Warfare units by virtue of their higher Might scores. Magic ignores defense, and with damaging spells so prevalent in the meta-game, you will struggle as a defensive Might hero.

Heroes360X
09-01-2016, 10:18 AM
ok well that is really irritating as i always play might defence and do not enjoy magic heroes.
will this be fixed?

Tarelther
09-01-2016, 11:47 PM
Just remember that everything I'm saying applies to multi-player only. You'll be fine against AI.

We know there are patches in the works, so Limbic could make some changes in that area. Outside of that, I'm working on a mod to improve multi-player balance.