PDA

View Full Version : Question about the Steam Version

SteebHD
08-23-2016, 02:40 PM
Hi, i've just pre-ordered the gold edition on Steam, first time that i preorder a Ubisoft game :rolleyes: But i'm very optimistic with this game that i've decided to buy directly all the package.

I just felt in love with Steep since the announcement trailer, and i'm very exited to play it (i loved Shaun White Snowboarding, previous snowboard game by ubi)

I was wondering if they are planning to add achievements on the steam version, it could sound stupid for someone, but i think that in this sort of games they are very usefoul and fun to collect. (yes i know that mostly Ubisoft games don't have them on steam, and i don't know why)

TJ_Wylde
08-23-2016, 02:52 PM
Now i can't answer this myself for steam persee. But i'm going to give a guess based on previous Ubisoft games that i've bought trough steam. You'll buy it on steam. Download it. Then you also download the ubisoft launcher and you have both open wile playing. You'll get at least achievements and club goals (which rewards points that you can trade in for other things) in the Ubi Launcher.

As for steam achievements. With Ubi it's extremely game depending. AC4 and AC Rogue both don't have steam achievements and need the Ubi launcher to Funtion. Where as South Park and Rocksmith don't need the Ubi Launcher and do have steam achievements.

So right now. Unless someone from Ubisoft gives an actual response it's really a toss up.

SteebHD
08-23-2016, 02:57 PM
Thanks for the reply, of course i know the thing of the double DRM, ecc.

In fact it seems that major realeses don't have them (like Far cry or AC)

Seriously it's very confusing.. Maybe it's to push people to buy directly on uplay without the steam version (but it would be stupid because you still unlock on the ubi client the "achievements"), i don't know.