PDA

View Full Version : Unlocking Drop Zones - Reward points the closer you are when unlocking

TrialsFusioniot
08-21-2016, 10:37 PM
How about keeping the binocular's way of unlocking drop zones, but give reward points the closer you are when unlocking? And some really good reward points if you actually unlock it by setting foot on it!

Right now the game allows unlocking drop zones by just looking at them with the binoculars from quite far away. This is easy and approachable. Maybe too easy!
Some while back, you had to listen to some tingling noise to get aware of drop zones. This might be to tricky. Maybe too tricky!

The rewards the closer you are when unlocking would be a middle way keeping difficulty optional.

Just from watching the IGN Gamescom video, it got me thinking 'how would I get there if I wanted to unlock it by setting foot on it?' Like: Hike there, then parachute from there to this spot, traverse a little, then ski down to the drop zone. And that's without me getting G-Forced out along the way.
It would make for quite some nice planning ahead and adventure to actually unlock all drop zones the honest way - that is by putting foot on the drop zone's ground!

Fruitarian
08-22-2016, 09:52 AM
Me too Trials, even if there aren't points for it I think I'll be someone to force myself to discover them on foot somehow.

TrialsFusioniot
08-22-2016, 03:04 PM
I see me doing contests: Whoever gets from the valley to the top fastet. All routes, all means allowed. Best decision making wins. Like X-Alps.

Malcot
08-22-2016, 05:43 PM
Maybe have some kind of "explorer" in game unlock if you unlock X amount of drop zone on foot?

Kdogg788
08-23-2016, 06:22 PM
I'll be hiking a few of these mountains (Matterhorn I'm looking at you!) so maybe they can implement something like that. Hiking should give you the option of putting custom drop zones on the map.

-k