PDA

View Full Version : Mage Hero's in multiplayer are too powerful vs Might Hero's

DescryGaming
08-17-2016, 08:46 PM
The problem with Mage heroes are that the spell damage AOE, such as chain lighting, circle winter, cyclone, fire ball, fire wall, stone spikes, poison cloud, and earthquake can nuke the opponents army on turn one. Another huge problem is factions like fortress and haven fight optimally when there bunched up, but that's where the aoe spells do the most damage. So playing haven vs a mage hero is a nightmare, because you can't bunch up your troops. I suggest you make any AOE (area of effect spell) do half damage or make the might defense lower the spell modification damage. Its just so stupid that if I'm a might hero that half my army is dead on turn 1, which brings my next problem, if half your army is dead and your a might hero, how are you suppose to do damage? Heroes 6 was balanced far better than heroes 7, at least your army couldn't be nuked on turn 1.

I'm also not talking about single player, where the ai cast weird spells.

regards,

descry

Gourou7592
08-18-2016, 11:09 PM
The problem with Mage heroes are that the spell damage AOE, such as chain lighting, circle winter, cyclone, fire ball, fire wall, stone spikes, poison cloud, and earthquake can nuke the opponents army on turn one. Another huge problem is factions like fortress and haven fight optimally when there bunched up, but that's where the aoe spells do the most damage. So playing haven vs a mage hero is a nightmare, because you can't bunch up your troops. I suggest you make any AOE (area of effect spell) do half damage or make the might defense lower the spell modification damage. Its just so stupid that if I'm a might hero that half my army is dead on turn 1, which brings my next problem, if half your army is dead and your a might hero, how are you suppose to do damage? Heroes 6 was balanced far better than heroes 7, at least your army couldn't be nuked on turn 1.

I'm also not talking about single player, where the ai cast weird spells.

regards,

descry

And you dont talk about Grand Master air...
You cannot play Haven VS a Grand Master Air because all hit will kill all your regrouped army...

Magic really too storng...

DenisTheGreat
08-19-2016, 12:25 AM
Agree, but only for early stage in game.
Here is my feedback (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1362680-My-H7-feedback-and-ideas?p=11896996&viewfull=1#post11896996)with some more details.

However, if you play big maps and have really very big army (for example - the savage sea map) - then you might come across the opposite problem:
all your units make so big damage that direct damage spells are already not so interesting.

need to balance

Antalyan
08-19-2016, 01:04 PM
Balancing Might vs Magic Heroes has always been a big issue in the previous games. I will even dare to claim it is not possible to 100% balance it - because that is exactly the point: in different game phases, different skills and spells lose or increase their usefulness. So the same is valid for Might x Magic Heroes.

Speaking about Haven vs Grand Master Air - you can play different tactics for haven than the shield one.

Gourou7592
08-19-2016, 02:46 PM
Balancing Might vs Magic Heroes has always been a big issue in the previous games. I will even dare to claim it is not possible to 100% balance it - because that is exactly the point: in different game phases, different skills and spells lose or increase their usefulness. So the same is valid for Might x Magic Heroes.

Speaking about Haven vs Grand Master Air - you can play different tactics for haven than the shield one.

It was just an example. Grand Master air is too strong in abolut !
In comparaison, Fire Mantle only hit in melee and not with 600-1000 damages per hit !