PDA

View Full Version : AI difficulty explanation for skirmish maps (normal, hard, heroic)

leafs11
08-07-2016, 01:37 AM
Hey everyone,

I want to attempt to play a skirmish map with my friend hotseat style and am wondering what the differences are for the computer ai option (the very left side). I can select anywhere from easy to heroic, but there is no explanation as to what it does. Does it only affect ai intelligence or is the option pertaining to some random bonus. I know the map difficutly takes care of neutral army strength and resources, so I am confused on he ai option. I have looked everywhere and cannot find any information.

Thanks!

Isriptide
08-08-2016, 02:48 PM
Hello!
I don't know what level of experience you have of heroes 7. I have played against hard AI and I am disapointed of the intelligence of the AI. The AI does not use (at hard) the strongest spells, it sometimes split his army into different heroes which makes the main hero easier to kill. I also saw that he split alot of army into his lowest level hero which is pretty stupid. The AI also does not take all the resources on the map, although he progress well in his castle and build all the strongest creatures.

I haven't tried heroic after patch, but I suggest you try heroic mode if you are hardcore player.

Regards

rodaff
08-08-2016, 03:55 PM
From what I've heard this is the worst AI in the history of the franchise, even in heroic there's no challenge.
I'd recommend you multiplayer but it doesn't work lol

RobvD84
08-08-2016, 06:03 PM
Lol ever since H6 i always play hotseat against myself :P. The AI has been so annoying since H6. In H6 it was also even worse since the enemy always knew where you were and did hit and run tactics with the tonw portal spell, they also kept on hiring new heroes, even if you defeated 10 of them in a row lol. Also it always seemed the AI was cheating. They alway seemed to have unlimited resources and troops.
After i played some maps and campaign missions i gave up on the AI and H7, and that was more then 6 months ago. Now it feels like the game is finally going in the right direction (and that after a year).

leafs11
08-08-2016, 08:42 PM
Thanks for the replies guys!
it is quite random as to how you could choose between options without a clear indication of what they do. I am a heroes veteran playing the franchise for 18 years. Skipped 6. Bought 7 when it came out but haven't really played yet because the game was so broken, and the reason why I bought it was for multiplayer which didn't really work lol. I wish it was like heroes of the old where the ai didn't have an option (except of course resource penalties and neutral growth etc), they always played the same.
Thanks!