PDA

View Full Version : Random Start position (Random Map)

R-Draco
08-06-2016, 05:43 PM
Would it be possible to introduce the option of random start positions on random (or all) maps.

Currently it seems the game always places players clockwise on the map from 1 to 8, so Player two is always beside player one.

There is a drop down for start positions, but the only option I have available is custom.

broui
08-08-2016, 11:55 PM
It is in there with this new patch/add on.

The screen where you determine factions, etc. Upper right quadrant. Should have the option. Play with stuff. Its there.

R-Draco
08-09-2016, 02:17 AM
It is in there with this new patch/add on.

The screen where you determine factions, etc. Upper right quadrant. Should have the option. Play with stuff. Its there.

Hi Broui, I can see the dropdown menu for this, however when you play a random map you can not select it.

I guess the assumption is a random map is already random so why would you need to choose a random start location, unfortunately the way the generator works it always (in my experiance) places players in a clockwise order, player 1 will always be to the top left of player 2 ect. The map doesn't always allow player 1 to reach player 2 easily, but if you play a random map you will always know roughly where the other player is.

broui
08-13-2016, 04:22 PM
Hi Broui, I can see the dropdown menu for this, however when you play a random map you can not select it.

I guess the assumption is a random map is already random so why would you need to choose a random start location, unfortunately the way the generator works it always (in my experiance) places players in a clockwise order, player 1 will always be to the top left of player 2 ect. The map doesn't always allow player 1 to reach player 2 easily, but if you play a random map you will always know roughly where the other player is.

I guess when I wrote of the dropdown menu, I based it on having played Hot Seat with my wife and kids. Since the patch/expansion, I've only played Campaign solo. The rest of the time has been with the family. Maybe it's not available single player?