PDA

View Full Version : PC Version - Joystick?

XyZspineZyX
11-12-2003, 10:07 AM
Quick Question - will the PC version allow for the use of a joystick? I want to get the game for PC, but I'd prefer not to use the keyboard and mouse.

Message Edited on 11/12/0309:08AM by AgentRowgun

XyZspineZyX
11-12-2003, 10:07 AM
Quick Question - will the PC version allow for the use of a joystick? I want to get the game for PC, but I'd prefer not to use the keyboard and mouse.

Message Edited on 11/12/0309:08AM by AgentRowgun

XyZspineZyX
11-17-2003, 04:54 PM
This is exactly what's the biggest problem I have with this game, and I have to say something about it, That's why I directly signed up on this forum after I played the demo.

So, I just played the demo, WOW, realy neat and very nice shader graphics and a wonderful adventurelike storyline. But, I just prefer to play this type of 'console like' games the way they used to be played. On a big TV screen with a gamepad that rumbles /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif
So, when I played a little bit and got all excited and all, I got very dissapointed when I could not find any control configurations. Why Ubisoft?
Rayman 3 had very good implementation of the gamepad just like the console version. There are still some PC players who like to play a game with style. Unlike others who are completely obsessed with the mouse/keyboard combo.

The worst of all, is that I just don't want to play this game if I have to sit that 'lonely' behind my PC. I want to sit next to my girlfriend on a couch playin' this together. If the only option is to buy an XBOX this is gonna be a very expensive game for me. But why? is the implementation of a gamepad along with some force feedback effects this hard? I hate to see all of those games are just too PC converted lately. PC's are the biggest game machines of all, we have gamepads too you know... too many game developers who just don't give a sh*t. Like you can play the game with a gamepad right, you can't use it in the menu! I have to run all day long to my mouse back to my gamepad.

But maybe this had to be said to make some developers more aware of the fact that there are some players who use there TV-OUT along with a Gamepad to play games just like the Console version. A simplified option would be to select a type of control config. Like 'original console control' and 'modified pc control'

If the original version of the game actually has gamepad implementation I did not say anything, maybe I woke up some other developers who didn't /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif
If not, I beg you Ubisoft guy's to make some update who has these abilities. You would make me very glad and I'm sure I am not the only one! I would even buy this game!
AgentRowgun wrote:

- Quick Question - will the PC version allow for the
- use of a joystick? I want to get the game for PC,
- but I'd prefer not to use the keyboard and mouse.
-
-
-
- Message Edited on 11/12/03 09:08AM by
- AgentRowgun

Message Edited on 11/17/0303:58PM by BruTaLysT

XyZspineZyX
11-19-2003, 04:03 AM
In my experience game demos often don't have all the features of the full version, expecially controller mapping. The only multi-platform game like this I've ever seen that didn't let you remap the PC controls was Oni, but that's hopefully another thing. We'll see, I guess.

Of course, if you have a programmable gamepad that supports mouse emulation, you're set no matter what happens. (Except for the force feedback, I don't know about that.)

XyZspineZyX
11-20-2003, 10:51 AM
Hope you're right on that!

btw, I have a mappable Thurstmaster pad, it has mouse emulation also... I haven't tried it yet playing this game, but maybe it works well. I doubt it. I already tried it on other games some time ago.
And then, you will constantly see the mapping of your keyboard controls in game that don't correspond to your gamepad mappings. Well, always something to complain about /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif
Lets wait on the final release first.

It would be nice though if someone from Ubisoft could awnser my question.