PDA

View Full Version : Lens flare in game

cueceleches
06-09-2004, 08:40 AM
Hi!

Is there a way to change the lens flare effect from the sun? It really looks ugly, and rather would like it to be more like FS9 style...

Thx!

cueceleches
06-09-2004, 08:40 AM
Hi!

Is there a way to change the lens flare effect from the sun? It really looks ugly, and rather would like it to be more like FS9 style...

Thx!

BBB_Hyperion
06-09-2004, 09:00 AM
Set in your conf.ini
[game]
NoLensFlare=1

Regards,
Hyperion

cueceleches
06-10-2004, 05:56 AM
Thx BBB...but this setting remove the effect or change it? I mean, I really don´t want to remove it, just make it better looking.

Athosd
06-10-2004, 06:06 AM
That setting gets rid of lens flare altogether - you won't miss it.
There are no other options for this feature, its either on or off.

Cheers

Athos

cueceleches
06-10-2004, 06:11 AM
Well, thanks, I´ll try removing it, it might be better than leaving it as it is.

XyZspineZyX
06-10-2004, 06:40 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Athosd:
That setting gets rid of lens flare altogether - you won't miss it......<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

One of my squadmates tried it and said that he lost some contrast by turning off lens flare. There may be some detail loss depending on your video card and in-game graphics settings.

http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/9334/Image6.jpg

Gunner_USMC
06-10-2004, 09:11 AM
Lens flare is an artificial effect only created when filming with a camera. I have never understood it's appeal as "graphics" candy. To each his own though.

cueceleches
06-10-2004, 09:16 AM
Well, I do understand it. if you are looking to any aircraft from an outside view, it´s as if you were looking through a camera (obviously, we can´t fly by just moving our arms frantically). But I don´t need the effect from inside the cockpit, as it is supposed to simulate my own eyes, not a camera.
Even though, as I stated in my first post, in FS9 it is quite well done, but in FB it really looks ugly and unrealistic.