PDA

View Full Version : how do i control the new dedicated server?

jeppo187
05-29-2004, 10:03 AM
i have spent the last day and a half setting up a dedicated server to work with hyperlobby.. and everything is working great.. except now i dont know how to get the il2sconsole.exe to work with it.. could someone please explain??

please treat me as a ****** because i just cant understand what the heck the read me file is telling me.. (write IP of IL2 FB server as a parameter string for il2sconsole.exe) <--that line there is what is stopping me from controlling my server..

im useing a router to host,, and i want to use the il2sconsole on the same machine as the dedicated server.. my internal ip for the host is 192.168.0.100, and the port i want to remotely connect with is port 2000.. please please please help me.. im about to explode and smash this computer.

jeppo187
05-29-2004, 10:03 AM
i have spent the last day and a half setting up a dedicated server to work with hyperlobby.. and everything is working great.. except now i dont know how to get the il2sconsole.exe to work with it.. could someone please explain??

please treat me as a ****** because i just cant understand what the heck the read me file is telling me.. (write IP of IL2 FB server as a parameter string for il2sconsole.exe) &lt;--that line there is what is stopping me from controlling my server..

im useing a router to host,, and i want to use the il2sconsole on the same machine as the dedicated server.. my internal ip for the host is 192.168.0.100, and the port i want to remotely connect with is port 2000.. please please please help me.. im about to explode and smash this computer.

jeppo187
05-29-2004, 02:45 PM
bump bump bump... please.. i really need some help here

thanks

Jetbuff
05-29-2004, 11:49 PM
I'd like to know too.

First off, I can't seem to be able to actually disable the console on the server machine itself, even after uncommenting the port entry and adding control ips.

When I run il2sconsole with the dos prompt of "il2sconsole -serverip" on my local machine it asks for an rts.dll file and/or CD which I don't get. On the server the command does nothing as the server keeps starting the console by default anyway.

BTW jeppo, that's how you pass the ip as a parameter; go to run.. in your start menu, browse to the console and select OK, then add a space after the closing quote, then a dash and finally the ip of the server, e.g. your run box should look like so:
<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">"pathtoil2console\il2console.exe" -192.168.0.100</pre>

You might need to add the port no. as well:<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">"pathtoil2console\il2console.exe" -192.168.0.100:20000</pre>

http://members.rogers.com/teemaz/sig.jpg

RAF74Leadfinger
06-12-2004, 05:21 PM
Bump.

I can't figure this one out either.

At least now I know how to pass the IP as a parameter. Thanks Pritzl.

-----------------------------
RAF74_Leadfinger
A-Flight Leader
Recruiting Officer
RAF No. 74 Squadron (http://www.raf74.com)