PDA

View Full Version : Patch 3.4 Woes

Marshmallow_Fox
07-14-2016, 05:12 AM
A lot of the gameplay changes are good, but it seems very much like the areas of play experience have gone back to release quality. I was going to mention the surprise-map-glitch, but restarting all of uPlay seems to have fixed that. Now it's just the other things that don't feel right.

Things such as:
- Netcode and peeker's advantage,
- Shield registration,
- Hit registration in general.

which had been getting much better with each new patch, all seem to have taken a step backward. A massive step backward. Is there any reason why these areas of the game would feel like they've regressed in just the last patch?

LaughOutLard
07-14-2016, 07:15 AM
The server quality is t-e-r-r-i-b-l-e. I would rather have one of the 10 people host than this ****.

PutinsFinger
07-19-2016, 11:32 AM
The peekers thing for me is stupid, you don't stand a chance if they look first.

Also, my screen has frozen if I switch to drone and back again too quickly meaning I have to alt-f4.

Lastly, I'm seeing big delays between action on screen and say a kill/hit marker. I've been shooting at someone, seen the kill indicator and they still run around for a full second before hitting the deck. Same with shooting out drones. The thing scurries around for a second after being shot.

This patch feels like a step backwards.

Marshmallow_Fox
07-28-2016, 03:03 AM
After posting this, I've been seeing nothing but further proof that shields are indeed broken since the last patch. I rarely see shields now, and when I do, I often shoot through or watch teammates shoot through and kill the user. When I use them, I'm constantly being killed from the front and seeing myself facing completely sideways in the deathcam. I know the deathcam has always been twitchy, but it's been a lot better in recent patches. So either the deathcam got WAY worse, or it's actually right in how bad player rotation interp has become.

At one point, I was running around with my Montange shield fully extended, and like every occurrence of shield usage this patch, I was killed directly through the front of it by someone with a shotgun. I was blocking the doorway to a bomb defuser. In the killcam, not only was I facing sideways, but my shield was NOT extended, and i was standing there as if idle. Even in Iceycat's latest video, the very beginning features a Pulse facing to his right, who shoots at hits him, despite his the right side of his body facing Iceycat.