PDA

View Full Version : Cannot connect to any server

PSVSupp1913
07-08-2016, 06:02 PM
I want to play the Online Racing mode. First I had to create a UPlay account (Very strange, It's on PS4 and I have my PSN/PS4+, but that's another story).

After that I tried multiple servers (at least 20)
I checked my internet connection (75 MB Down/ 50 MB Up), all correct.

If I join a server, the status bar "JOINNING" goes all to 100% but I allways get this error:
TRACKMANIA
You have been returned to the menu because the connection with the server has been interrupted.

No additional information of logging information is displayed.

How can I fix this?

Network settings:
No Wifi, but Cable
IP Address: Auto
No DHCP Hostname
DNS Manual:
1st: 8.8.4.4
2d: 8.8.8.8
MTU: 1400
No Proxy

After testing everything is "Succesfull". And NAT type is Type 2.

DreamHermit
07-08-2016, 09:22 PM
See solution to your problem here: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1425334-Post-your-fix-or-workaround-here

PSVSupp1913
07-09-2016, 02:32 PM
See solution to your problem here: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1425334-Post-your-fix-or-workaround-here

Sorry, but that's not a solution.
If you look at my settings, you see that all is correct. I played around 60 or 70 games on my PS4, never ever had a network connection problem (or PSN servers were having troubles). Only this game, cost me 64, does not work. A uPlay account is needed, while this was not mentioned anywhere. If possible I ask for a refund by Sony.

But better would be if Trackmania fixed this problem. If you google on Trackmania turbo network, you get hundreds of sites mentioning the same problem, without solutions.

DreamHermit
07-09-2016, 11:37 PM
Sorry, but that's not a solution.
If you look at my settings, you see that all is correct. I played around 60 or 70 games on my PS4, never ever had a network connection problem (or PSN servers were having troubles). Only this game, cost me 64, does not work. A uPlay account is needed, while this was not mentioned anywhere. If possible I ask for a refund by Sony.

But better would be if Trackmania fixed this problem. If you google on Trackmania turbo network, you get hundreds of sites mentioning the same problem, without solutions.

I did look at the settings you provided, and they are not correct at all.

Your Primary DNS is currently 8.8.4.4, according to your first post. You need to change it to: 208.67.222.222
Your Secondary DNS is currently 8.8.8.8. You need to change it to: 4.2.2.4

It's very easy to fix this problem, and it can even improve your internet connection in other games. Follow the steps in this video, but use the numbers above instead of those given in the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cN9W0-ZhCX4

PSVSupp1913
07-10-2016, 07:49 AM
I did look at the settings you provided, and they are not correct at all.

Your Primary DNS is currently 8.8.4.4, according to your first post. You need to change it to: 208.67.222.222
Your Secondary DNS is currently 8.8.8.8. You need to change it to: 4.2.2.4

Don't think I am stupid. I know everything of DNS. If it's a Google DNS server, an Open DNS server, a DNS server of your ISP, or even your own DNS server, if a DNS server is configured correctly, there is no difference between them. If you query them, the results are all the same.

I want support by Ubi, they must know everything of this issue, as hundreds (or thousands) of PS4 users experience the same issue. And changing DNS servers is not solving the problem. Problem is that this game is not working with the PSN network, but with their own uplay network. I think the issue is compatibility issues between different platforms within this uplay network.

DreamHermit
07-11-2016, 12:15 AM
Don't think I am stupid. I know everything of DNS. If it's a Google DNS server, an Open DNS server, a DNS server of your ISP, or even your own DNS server, if a DNS server is configured correctly, there is no difference between them. If you query them, the results are all the same.

I want support by Ubi, they must know everything of this issue, as hundreds (or thousands) of PS4 users experience the same issue. And changing DNS servers is not solving the problem. Problem is that this game is not working with the PSN network, but with their own uplay network. I think the issue is compatibility issues between different platforms within this uplay network.

I never thought you were stupid at all. The only reason I'm taking the time to answer is that I really don't think that Ubisoft will reply for the thousandth time to this issue. They have posted very thorough and clear instructions on their website (https://support.ubi.com/en-GB/Faqs/000024849/Connectivity-issues-in-Trackmania-Turbo-PS4) on how to solve this problem, so they probably expect gamers to find it there.

Did you try port forwarding in your router settings? I always find out the port numbers to any online game i purchase and configure the network ports in my router for the best direct connection, and it has solved all connectivity issue I've had with online games in the past (which, just to be clear, I've had with many different games, meaning this problem isn't that uncommon).

Ports used by Trackmania Turbo:
TCP: 80, 443, 2350-2550
UDP: 2350-2550

Ports used by Playstation Network:
TCP: 80, 443, 3478, 3479, 3480
UDP: 3478, 3479

If you haven't done it yet, try logging into your router and adding these ports in the settings. That should really solve the entire problem once and for all, since it gives your router an open path to the game's own servers.

DreamHermit
07-11-2016, 12:31 AM
For a list of many games' ports you can check out the website http://portforward.com/cports.htm. The mere existence of that website shows how common the problem is for any online game. It's usually an ISP firewall that blocks the communication with a game's ports, to protect customers from hackers, viruses and such. Adding the ports in your router configurations opens a free communication channel to the online games you want to play.

PSVSupp1913
07-11-2016, 08:03 AM
I did find that page earlier.

All those ports are open.
Even placing the PS4 in DMZ zone doesn't work.
It's clearly an issue in the game itself.