PDA

View Full Version : Refusing to buy Watch Dogs 2 if Aiden Pearce is abandon

kVvincent
07-06-2016, 05:14 AM
personally i would be pissed off if aiden's story just up and ended in the first part. They said that because the game was popular, they were forced to make a part 2 so the story would not be incomplete. Therefore, i think it is just bs if they kill off aiden just to throw in this almost totally random storyline. hence, i refuse to buy it. Its not too late to correct this. i just need a bunch of people to start posting about this long waited disappointment of a watch dogs 2.

Rekalty
07-06-2016, 08:42 AM
This really isn't a News topic... But I guess you will not be buying the game then. No one said they killed him off. See the Farcry series, you never saw anyone from FC3 in FC4, in FC Primal... They're games in the same "universe" but at different places and times. They might refer to each other, though easter eggs or otherwise, but they rarely clash (unless they're Hurk :P)

Ubi-Ligario
07-06-2016, 11:33 AM
I've moved this thread to the appropriate forum section, feel free to continue here the discussion :)

niempe-67
07-06-2016, 05:46 PM
Bye Felicia!

Junguler
07-07-2016, 10:01 PM
i feel you, it's really frustrating to see what you want not implemented time and time again, to see the potential of a trilogy story line just abandoned for a new protagonist to get introduced. but we just don't have a say in these things, it's better to make peace with that and enjoy the game if you can, if not, you wont lose anything, there is plenty of good games out there with developers that are interested to cater to fan feedback.

as for me, i got the first game on my ps4 because i didn't have a gaming pc at a time but now that my ps+ sub ran out i can't play the game online anymore and i feel robed out of my money. now i would get W_D2 on pc but it's going to have denuvo drm on it which i hate to death. so should i get it on ps4 and enjoy less performance, graphics and also not play it online or i get it on pc and accept the denuvo drm? on top of the uplay drm and steam drm? i refuse to do either despite loving the hell out of the first game and am hyped on W_D2.

this is what ubisoft makes me do, i love this game but i refuse to buy it as things are right now. all this talk about how they are a family run company and it's been 30 years and bla bla bla and they are nothing different than the "evil" vivendi that is trying to "hostile takeover" them.

kVvincent
07-09-2016, 10:35 AM
u all know u wanted to see aiden take down deadsec and now we maybe be left with this huge disappointment for a part 2.

i understand what u guys saying but i feel like ubisoft is taking things way out of hand. ubisoft has great ideas that is starting to back fire on to gamers. EX. the crew run wild, i love the graphics, the drifting, the driving, basically everything except one thing. you cant replay the story mode on ur acct because they dont allow us to erase our data. now the problem here is i when throungh the game so fast and i forgot to get the 20% perk change to gain an extra perk. now the game ends n i am stuck in a pickle for a good while because it cost alot to buy the perk. Ubisoft is taking good games and turning them into either crap or a pain in da *** and i'd hate to see them do that to watch dogs series. ubisoft needs to bring it back down to earth. its funny because the only way i see this panning out is that they would make the good guy aiden be the bad guy and the bad guy deadsec be the good guys. its stuff like this that piss me off. like y did we have to go though all of that in part one and save so much ppl just to be label the "bad guy". i would laugh my *** off if the make aiden join or work with deadsec. deadsec and aiden clearly didnt agree with each other and deadsec label aiden a target because aiden did not allow them to have access to the data. this series would make sense if they had part 2 be from aiden pov and then the 3rd part is deadsec where aiden is already dead. in resident evil you all know this. each game you play as a different character. however they always stick to 1 storyline. so many different characters, different pov but 1 storyline. I feel like ubisoft should have named this game something else because the story may look like its the same but i am going to predict right now that this game deviates a mile away from part one.

Dead1y-Derri
07-09-2016, 11:41 AM
personally i would be pissed off if aiden's story just up and ended in the first part. They said that because the game was popular, they were forced to make a part 2 so the story would not be incomplete. Therefore, i think it is just bs if they kill off aiden just to throw in this almost totally random storyline. hence, i refuse to buy it. Its not too late to correct this. i just need a bunch of people to start posting about this long waited disappointment of a watch dogs 2.

Hi and welcome to the forums!

I get that you'd prefer the sequel to Watch Dogs to have a character that you've already invested in emotionally. However what you've got to understand is like a lot of games, its set in the universe, not the same setting. I think Aiden's story was told quite well and now its time to move onto a new character and setting.

Its like the Far Cry games --Its not direct sequels, its a universe sequel.

u all know u wanted to see aiden take down deadsec and now we maybe be left with this huge disappointment for a part 2.

i understand what u guys saying but i feel like ubisoft is taking things way out of hand. ubisoft has great ideas that is starting to back fire on to gamers. EX. the crew run wild, i love the graphics, the drifting, the driving, basically everything except one thing. you cant replay the story mode on ur acct because they dont allow us to erase our data. now the problem here is i when throungh the game so fast and i forgot to get the 20% perk change to gain an extra perk. now the game ends n i am stuck in a pickle for a good while because it cost alot to buy the perk. Ubisoft is taking good games and turning them into either crap or a pain in da *** and i'd hate to see them do that to watch dogs series. ubisoft needs to bring it back down to earth. its funny because the only way i see this panning out is that they would make the good guy aiden be the bad guy and the bad guy deadsec be the good guys. its stuff like this that piss me off. like y did we have to go though all of that in part one and save so much ppl just to be label the "bad guy". i would laugh my *** off if the make aiden join or work with deadsec. deadsec and aiden clearly didnt agree with each other and deadsec label aiden a target because aiden did not allow them to have access to the data. this series would make sense if they had part 2 be from aiden pov and then the 3rd part is deadsec where aiden is already dead. in resident evil you all know this. each game you play as a different character. however they always stick to 1 storyline. so many different characters, different pov but 1 storyline. I feel like ubisoft should have named this game something else because the story may look like its the same but i am going to predict right now that this game deviates a mile away from part one.

Again they wrapped up Watch Dogs one quite well. Its time for a new setting and character.

kVvincent
07-13-2016, 03:00 AM
Hi and welcome to the forums!

I get that you'd prefer the sequel to Watch Dogs to have a character that you've already invested in emotionally. However what you've got to understand is like a lot of games, its set in the universe, not the same setting. I think Aiden's story was told quite well and now its time to move onto a new character and setting.

Its like the Far Cry games --Its not direct sequels, its a universe sequel.

Again they wrapped up Watch Dogs one quite well. Its time for a new setting and character.

LMFAO! u say they "wrapped up Watch Dogs one quite well" seriously? idk if ur trying to play somebody or sumthin cuz it ain't working. Let me explain why. Leaving a game with a cliffhanger is great but with the wrong cliffhanger, u piss alot of people off. "They" and ubisoft is total crap for trying to pull a fast one on us. If "they" wanted to make part 2 like this sorry excuse for watch dogs 2 then "they" should have made aiden pass the torch to deadsec. When deadsec ask aiden to let them get the info, "They" should have made aiden give deadsec the info. THEN this sorry excuse for watch dogs 2 would make sense and be more like-able to players. HOWEVER, "they" choose to make aiden NOT give deadsec the info and to make things more interesting. "THEY" choose to make aiden an enemy of deadsec. This is why so much players are hating on this sorry excuse for watch dogs 2. "They" left a cliffhanger hinting towards aiden taking on deadsec not the other way around. That is why i say this sorry excuse for watch dogs 2 is a totally random storyline and bs new character.

Dead1y-Derri
07-16-2016, 02:33 PM
LMFAO! u say they "wrapped up Watch Dogs one quite well" seriously? idk if ur trying to play somebody or sumthin cuz it ain't working. Let me explain why. Leaving a game with a cliffhanger is great but with the wrong cliffhanger, u piss alot of people off. "They" and ubisoft is total crap for trying to pull a fast one on us. If "they" wanted to make part 2 like this sorry excuse for watch dogs 2 then "they" should have made aiden pass the torch to deadsec. When deadsec ask aiden to let them get the info, "They" should have made aiden give deadsec the info. THEN this sorry excuse for watch dogs 2 would make sense and be more like-able to players. HOWEVER, "they" choose to make aiden NOT give deadsec the info and to make things more interesting. "THEY" choose to make aiden an enemy of deadsec. This is why so much players are hating on this sorry excuse for watch dogs 2. "They" left a cliffhanger hinting towards aiden taking on deadsec not the other way around. That is why i say this sorry excuse for watch dogs 2 is a totally random storyline and bs new character.

I am not saying I would have disliked another WD game with Aiden in it, I'm just saying they kind of finished his and while the ending did hint for a sequel, it wasn't specific. It also showed CTOS being distributed to other major cities which did therefore hint at a potential leak that the game could take place elsewhere.

I also think that while Aiden had potential to be in a sequel, I think they made the right choice because they built Aiden up in a specific way, they wanted to save what remaining family he had and he did this.

They could have made a game with Aiden going after dedsec but maybe that's not where the devs and writers wanted to go? We could maybe even see Aiden in this game...just not as a playable character.

Watch Dogs is a universe, not just about one guy.

I think Watch Dogs 2 will be even better. You're just going to have to accept that its not the game you were expecting and either except that and play Watch Dogs 2 or move onto another game.