PDA

View Full Version : Player Ranking system

Quikkfeet
06-28-2016, 06:10 AM
I know during the previous Alpha there were players who were awarded as Top players as we know. Will there be a big player ranking system? Or maybe a team Ranking system? How would that work? I'm not sure if this was already discussed this or not in another thread. So I apologize in advanced if there is. THANKS GUYS.

Chaf--
06-28-2016, 09:00 AM
No matter how it will be, I just hope it will be low-ceiling. LIke a quick lvl 20 or lvl 50, just to tell "yeah, I have a few hours with this game." Because, otherwise, online ranks doesn't mean anything, except for some special cases.

Ymir.exe
06-28-2016, 12:36 PM
I get why people like rankings, but at the same time it undeniably makes the community more toxic, with people berating others because they don't meet their own personal standards for KDR or W/L ratio or whatever. Because of this I'm not a fan.
If there is one, I at least hope it's based on points for playing objectives, and ignores kills and deaths completely.

For most of us, being able to see your K/D ratio is just a fun little thing, and doesn't really matter, but there are a lot of people who get so caught up in it. I have friends who are like this, and whenever they have a bad day and a losing streak and it affects their overall K/D ratio, they get so unreasonably salty it's not even funny. They lose their marbles and it has an actual effect on their mental state to the point where they sometimes just rage quit and can't even play anymore because they're so upset over a dumb number going up or down. Having seen the effect it has on some people I can't help but conclude that it would be better for all games if we just stopped tracking kills and deaths and focused on having fun in the game instead. Because for most of us, we don't even care, and for those who do, it's always a negative thing that leads to rage and toxic behaviour.

No one ever goes "Awesome dude, 2.3 K/D ratio good job, man!" it's always "omg srsly 2.3 KD ratio what a scrub can we kick this guy already? I have 2.6 kdr, just uninstall the game loser lol"

Sir_Beefing
06-28-2016, 12:48 PM
No one ever goes "Awesome dude, 2.3 K/D ratio good job, man!" it's always "omg srsly 2.3 KD ratio what a scrub can we kick this guy already? I have 2.6 kdr, just uninstall the game loser lol"

I good way to avoid this is to simply not make that type of information publicly available. It's a bad idea to not put in the game altogether as i know that there are a lot of player including myself who look to stats like this to monitor our progress an see that we are getting better at the game :)

BoldAlphawolf
06-28-2016, 04:13 PM
Halo has a really good rank system with rewards for the tier's too i hope they do something like that

Quikkfeet
06-28-2016, 06:54 PM
You'll get toxicity in every game unfortunately. I'm just a competitive guy since I was young and competitiveness is great and can be used positively. This game is about passion and the art of battle and all of these great things. Either way i'm stoked about this game and can't wait to get my hands on it.

Quikkfeet
06-28-2016, 06:56 PM
I good way to avoid this is to simply not make that type of information publicly available. It's a bad idea to not put in the game altogether as i know that there are a lot of player including myself who look to stats like this to monitor our progress an see that we are getting better at the game :)

Ya that's another good thing that would be something I would keep up with. You just want to get better at the game and it makes it so much fun when you're good lol. Cheers.

ThisHermitGuy
06-28-2016, 09:51 PM
I hope there is something like smites player info page, such as...

> Favorite Faction (% and time played)

> Favorite Hero ( " ")

Then you know... how many minions you killed. player kills, assists etc. :D