PDA

View Full Version : EVERYTHING We KNOW About 'Steep' So Far

JFoIsLive
06-27-2016, 06:13 PM
Alright, folks. From watching the E3 reveal, interview, Masterclass and the Red Bull hands-on article, I took down 21 things That we KNOW from the developers about this gorgeous, amazing game. So here goes. Feel free to add anything

WHAT WE KNOW ABOUT 'STEEP' SO FAR...

1) You can create your own challenges and 'share' them with friends.

2) Multiplayer is totally seamless. You can drop into a multiplayer competition/challenge from "single player" on the fly once you enter an event marker on the map.

3) After a run, you can go back and literally view every point of your 'trail' and begin a replay (or restart) with full control over the camera. You can pause at any point during the replay and take a screenshot to share.

4) You CAN customize your character AND equipment. Just how deep the actual customization goes will be revealed later.

5) Weather/Conditions/Time of day can be controlled at any time by the player.

6) There are designated "parks" in which you can shred half pipes, grind rails and do other things not related to the normal "freestyle" playing.

7) There is wildlife on the mountains, but you can not "interact" with it.

8) EVERY inch of the map is rideable/discoverable. The map is not an exact replica of the real Alps, but rather a "best of" grouping of the best, most exciting parts of the Alps, with their real life names.

9) 'Challenges' include Time Attack, Freestyle Tricks, Races and more.

10) Multiplayer "sessions" are progressive. You can see a total of three other human players on-screen at any given point of the map from anywhere in the real world. As you ride down the mountain, three NEW players will become visible once you get away from the three players you were just with. Multiplayer is ALWAYS working and always generating new real-time human players as you progress down the mountains.

11) Alaska will become "UNLOCKED" to players "a couple of weeks" after launch. It will be "a totally different" experience from the Alps. (Could this mean different equipment? Snowmobiles, etc.?)

12) Beta phases will start "very, very soon" but no hard date given as of yet.

13) You can create unlimited 'challenges' in YOUR world (single player) but you can only 'Share' ONE challenge at a time with your friends in multiplayer sessions. You can decide to switch between challenges you want to issue at any time, but only one can be shared with your friends at one time.

14) The entire map is available to explore right out of the box.

15) There is a leveling system, which unlocks more activities for you to do.

16) At certain 'Drop Zones', 'Quests' will be available, which will help you progress your character.

17) This is the biggest open-world map Ubisoft has ever had.

18) G-force is measured with every crash.

19) You can die if you experience enough G-force trauma.

20) "Basic" maneuvers are controlled by the left analog stick and "Advanced" maneuvers are performed by the right analog stick.

21) In "Mountain View", you can place markers down the rideable parts of the mountain face so when you start your line, you'll know how to avoid the rocks.

I CAN NOT WAIT FOR THIS GAME! It's been a LONG time since I was totally blown away by a new game, but Steep is the one.

zachatac
06-27-2016, 08:18 PM
Nice list of gathered info! I'm excited that you are saying that we will have terrain parks with rails to slide and half pipes. May I ask which source you got this from? It's point number six on your list. This was the one thing I thought SNOW had over this game, that there were terrain parks with rails and jibs, so if this game is confirmed to have a system to slide rails/boxes/jib features that would be awesome!!

Fruitarian
06-28-2016, 10:22 AM
Nice list of gathered info! I'm excited that you are saying that we will have terrain parks with rails to slide and half pipes. May I ask which source you got this from? It's point number six on your list. This was the one thing I thought SNOW had over this game, that there were terrain parks with rails and jibs, so if this game is confirmed to have a system to slide rails/boxes/jib features that would be awesome!!

So you can see some examples of the park playgrounds we will have in the game from the trailers.. in terms of grinding as a mechanic specifically. We've had no confirmation, but a Redbull article listed it's favourite things to do in the game, and tricking and grinding in parks was one of them.. but this may have been an over-elaboration.

Bergenseren4747
07-04-2016, 11:24 PM

Are you sure? Bigger than the Crew?

Sean_Fiero
07-14-2016, 01:19 AM
3) After a run, you can go back and literally view every point of your 'trail' and begin a replay (or restart) with full control over the camera. You can pause at any point during the replay and take a screenshot to share.

4) You CAN customize your character AND equipment. Just how deep the actual customization goes will be revealed later.

10) Multiplayer "sessions" are progressive. You can see a total of three other human players on-screen at any given point of the map from anywhere in the real world. As you ride down the mountain, three NEW players will become visible once you get away from the three players you were just with. Multiplayer is ALWAYS working and always generating new real-time human players as you progress down the mountains.

11) Alaska will become "UNLOCKED" to players "a couple of weeks" after launch. It will be "a totally different" experience from the Alps. (Could this mean different equipment? Snowmobiles, etc.?)

3) Hopefully this includes freestyle play or freemode play. I can't wait to make some Xgames/GoPro/Redbull style videos

4) I really want to see more info on this! I hope the character customization is better than The Division. For jeebuz sakes its 2016 not 1998, 5 premade character models is not character customization anymore. :mad:

10) So this is worst than The Crew. You have to stay together with friends to play or someone goes poof? I guess a stunt train with 10 people is out the question? Gran Turismo 5 and 6 had 16 player lobby. GTA 5 has I believe 30, Call of Dookie has 12, and NBA 2k has a billion players on at once. Having the biggest map they've created only to have 4 people on at one time seems silly.

11) Aww man snowmobile racing or stunts would be amazing. Literally 3 months ago I was talking to my lil bro about how they need an open world Tony Hawk/Skate/Xgames video game for winter sports. When I saw the trailer during E3 I was speechless. Snowmobiles HAVE to be in this game! lol

two_dads
07-16-2016, 06:44 AM
man why even stop at snowmobiles, throw the kitchen sink in there as a rideable sled too

Moshimaster0204
08-12-2016, 08:47 AM
Alright, folks. From watching the E3 reveal, interview, Masterclass and the Red Bull hands-on article, I took down 21 things That we KNOW from the developers about this gorgeous, amazing game. So here goes. Feel free to add anything

WHAT WE KNOW ABOUT 'STEEP' SO FAR...

1) You can create your own challenges and 'share' them with friends.

2) Multiplayer is totally seamless. You can drop into a multiplayer competition/challenge from "single player" on the fly once you enter an event marker on the map.

5) Weather/Conditions/Time of day can be controlled at any time by the player.

6) There are designated "parks" in which you can shred half pipes, grind rails and do other things not related to the normal "freestyle" playing.

7) There is wildlife on the mountains, but you can not "interact" with it.

8) EVERY inch of the map is rideable/discoverable. The map is not an exact replica of the real Alps, but rather a "best of" grouping of the best, most exciting parts of the Alps, with their real life names.

9) 'Challenges' include Time Attack, Freestyle Tricks, Races and more.

12) Beta phases will start "very, very soon" but no hard date given as of yet.

13) You can create unlimited 'challenges' in YOUR world (single player) but you can only 'Share' ONE challenge at a time with your friends in multiplayer sessions. You can decide to switch between challenges you want to issue at any time, but only one can be shared with your friends at one time.

14) The entire map is available to explore right out of the box.

15) There is a leveling system, which unlocks more activities for you to do.

16) At certain 'Drop Zones', 'Quests' will be available, which will help you progress your character.

18) G-force is measured with every crash.

19) You can die if you experience enough G-force trauma.

20) "Basic" maneuvers are controlled by the left analog stick and "Advanced" maneuvers are performed by the right analog stick.

21) In "Mountain View", you can place markers down the rideable parts of the mountain face so when you start your line, you'll know how to avoid the rocks.

I CAN NOT WAIT FOR THIS GAME! It's been a LONG time since I was totally blown away by a new game, but Steep is the one.

So I registered for the beta yesterday and all I want to know is how long until I get in?

Fruitarian
08-12-2016, 10:47 AM
So I registered for the beta yesterday and all EVERYBODY want to know is how long until WE get in?

Fixed. ;)

Kdogg788
08-12-2016, 02:32 PM
So I registered for the beta yesterday and all I want to know is how long until I get in?

First post on here is when they are giving you a beta key. Slow your roll bud, we don't even know when the beta will happen.

-k